a few ideas for survival

Player avatar

Stay Woke Send PM

I wasn't planning to post this on the forums but a few people wanted me to post these ideas. I guess they could be some good additions that could benefit the server.
Idea 1. Having a donation pool for survival for example a yes or no vote to donate 10k gp to 500kgp,  if theres atleasts a 50k to 100k pot the event can go on. some people cant afford or just dont want to donate 200k to 1m for an event. as low as 10k isnt a huge donation but winning 10 50k survivals will add up. This could get more amount of people playing and donating for events.

idea 2. having another option for survival thats in the wilderness where participants with preset stats can fight eachother to give a little twist to survival.

3. highscores for survival.

4. 2nd and 3rd place
maybe 5 to 10 k for 3rd  and 25to 50k for second give or take

Last edited by Stay Woke (1 Apr 2019 23:20)

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

I'm not actually against idea #1, but I don't think it's worth the time to program it. It's not the most complicated piece of code but I imagine it would eat up several hours of development time for negligible benefit to the server. I can't log in without prox or somebody donating 200-400k for a survival so I think it should just be left alone. Don't forget that the ::vote for survival command requires each entrant to pay 50k rather than a big pot being donated which isn't that much more than what your idea is asking.

Idea #2 sounds cool, but to me that's basically what the tournaments already are. Or better yet hunger games, (Which has preset stats as well) you really can't get a better sense of a "survival" than that. I guess you mean being able to PVP while running from the dragon - that isn't going to realistically work and would be abused like hell because the dragon can't attack you whilst in combat.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

+1 sometimes I want to donate just 10k or even 400k on top of the already running pot too.

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

In August I gave em a full out plan to fix and expand the current ::voteforevent / ::donateforevent system.

Repeated multiple times. Heard many lies.

Nothing has happened since. Goodluck.

"It's not the most complicated piece of code but I imagine it would eat up several hours of development time for negligible benefit to the server."

They love spending time on dumb unnessecary updates players dont want anyways. Why not the ones they want?

Player avatar

humans Send PM

I support the idea of allowing additional donations on top of the original amt.

Player avatar

Baccano Send PM

-1Terrible idea... having these survivals already running pretty much 12 hours a day is annoying enough. And increasing this would make it unfair for those who want to donate to PVP tourneys and events, but cant because theres 1200 survivals ran in 1 day.

Player avatar

Stay Woke Send PM

We tried this idea with success a few days ago.
in under 4 minutes we were able to gather up 1 million gp survival, which are pretty rare. was a really good turnout around 25 people joined which is unheard of in the current ::vote survival option.  survival is something a lot of people enjoy, and the only daily ongoing events that bring out dozens of players together. so making updates to something that is commonly used  is a good idea. plus i know updating something that is already in game and adding new features is a lot easier and less work than a completely new project so it wont take as long as lot of other updates.
1 more idea for quick easy suggestion.
Love the black dragon commentary. its hilarious would like to see more lines added to the dragons vocabulary. smile

Player avatar

Stay Woke Send PM

Baccano said:

-1Terrible idea... having these survivals already running pretty much 12 hours a day is annoying enough. And increasing this would make it unfair for those who want to donate to PVP tourneys and events, but cant because theres 1200 survivals ran in 1 day.

Wouldn't hurt to make some similar changes to the pvp tournaments to make it more affordable also. people enjoy pvp but 500k is alot to afford to donate.

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

The buy in tourneys steal your money if they dont start. You just get booted and 50k stolen...

Part of what I told them many many moons ago many many times. I wonder how much longer it stays that way.

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

noobsrus said:

The buy in tourneys steal your money if they dont start. You just get booted and 50k stolen...

Part of what I told them many many moons ago many many times. I wonder how much longer it stays that way.

The buy-in refund issue is known, and on our bug tracker.

As to variation when it comes to events and prizes, that is definitely an interesting idea, and I'm in favour of more highscore additions as well. There's quite a bit of potential there, and in minigames and tournaments in general smile

Player avatar

Baccano Send PM

noobsrus said:

Good! Another 50k gp sink. Keep it that way lol

Player avatar

Stay Woke Send PM

Another idea. if there is any survivial, lottery, or tournament or any other event it should say on the main website and discord events are in progress.

Player avatar

Fireice989 Send PM

Stay Woke said:

Another idea. if there is any survivial, lottery, or tournament or any other event it should say on the main website and discord events are in progress.

I mentioned the idea of Discord notifications for events below but it didn't get much movement. We also need this!:

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=15701

+1 for most of the Survival enchancements. I've read the controversy on these ideas so here's my feedback and counter-suggestions on thees:

+1 Idea #1 feedback:
To prevent saturation of Survival donations, I believe 50k is a minimum healthy donation threshold, the same exact threshold we have for lotteries and those are always booming! Yes, I know we already have that mechanism in place, but it needs improvement. And this is where it relates to idea #4. If people knew that you could possibly win prize money by finishing 2nd or 3rd place, they will likely win more than the amount of their donation in which would give players more motivation and confidence to join!

+1 Idea #2 feedback:
This is the only idea I'm opposed to as tournaments, freeforalls, hunger games, etc already kind of serve this purpose already. Although, it's a fun idea and would give it a twist, Survival is more about staying alive from an NPC, not another player

-1 Idea #3:
Yes! It should operate in a similar fashion as the KD highscores. It would be SD (survival / death) ratio and we should be able to toggle people who have the most deaths, survivals, highest and lowest ratios.

+1 Idea 4 feedback:
1st place = 100% of the prize pot obviously
2nd place = 25% of the prize port
3rd place = 10% of the prize pot
This can be an additional prize type on top of the available preset amounts of 200k-1mil and not necessarily meant to replace existing prize types. This ties with idea #1.