The Dragon Harpoon

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I see that woodcutting got some love in the Slayer release. While the dragon hatchet is great, i believe that the Fishing skill could use some love too. Therefore, I propose a new slayer drop: Dragon Harpoon.

This item would ideally be an extremely rare drop (somewhere around 1/2500 to 1/5000) to ensure prestige, rarity, and price. People here play too much and market flooding of a new item should be avoided. In addition, this item would be locked behind a new slayer monster or perhaps even a slayer boss that would require a high slayer skill level. The benefit of this new, expensive, and rare high level item would be an equipable harpoon that requires high fishing. Not only would the harpoon save you an inventory slot but it would have a significantly higher catch rate for fish. On top of that the harpoon should have a small but consistent chance (maybe 10-15%) to cook any fish you catch if you charge your harpoon infernal powers. This could be achieved by permanently charging your harpoon at the hardened furnace in high level wild (this can create a chance to generate pvp content while also locking the op-ness of cooking fish with a harpoon behind a high risk activity). The cooking proc would also require the right cooking lvl and grant xp. Finally, the harpoon would have no melee stats.

tl:Dr:

• New Slayer drop
  • Very rare, very red
  • Equipable Harpoon saves you space
  • Catches more fish more often (finally everyone will be good at catching!)
  • Small but consistent chance to cook any fish you catch if you charge the harpoon
  • Charging harpoon is permanent and done at hardened furnace

Edit: I just realized one pro and also a con. This could cause fluctuations in the price of fish. It could mean cheaper swordfish and shark. This is good for pkers but bad for skillers. On the other hand, skillers benefit in saved time by not needing to cook or use a cook alt.

Last edited by Neox (24 Mar 2019 08:05)

Player avatar

Antmann Send PM

subscriber

Lets keep making RSC more like OSRS! lets integrate a spec for for dragon items! -1

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Antmann said:

Lets keep making RSC more like OSRS! lets integrate a spec for for dragon items! -1

Why is this a bad thing? Because it makes the game a bit easier?

In that case we might as well get rid of:
- Teams (cc exists in osrs we can't have that here)
- enchanted rings
- slayer
- scrolling bank and bank search
- batching (nope no osrs crap here like you said)
- boat to edge (osrs feature don't need it here)
- withdraw x, drop, etc

The game needs updates. The server already released new dragon items. More updates and copying good aspects of RS 2 is NOT inherently a bad thing. Considering updates like these allows the server to grow. Otherwise you will end up with a best server with the same people circle jerking over 18 year old content.

Now if you have a criticism about the item itself then let's hear it. I do think the item cooking can be too OP. I think adding charges (like 1000 successful cooks) could balance things out because it would require more trips to the hardened furnace. Bringing a potentially 5m item to hardened furnace would be interesting to see in terms of Pk activity.

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

rsaholic Send PM

I agree with ur post, heres some other item ideas....

D pick-greater chance to 1 hit rock, boost
            stacks with cape.
Backpack-increases inventory capacity takes
                   cape slot
Dragon arrow head-only optainable thru
                                   drops 90 fletching to
                                   attach head
Unstrung dragon bow-required to shoot
                                       dragon arrows, 99
                                       fletch to string.
Dragon b00ts-gives +5 arm bonus
Runite boots -gives +4 arm bonus

Last edited by rsaholic (24 Mar 2019 12:41)

Player avatar

Iron Moss Send PM

subscriber

+99 neox i myself fish alot so i can supply my pking. This would be a great feature

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Iron Moss said:

+99 neox i myself fish alot so i can supply my pking. This would be a great feature

Moss is the best.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

rsaholic said:

I agree with ur post, heres some other item ideas....

D pick-greater chance to 1 hit rock, boost
            stacks with cape.
Backpack-increases inventory capacity takes
                   cape slot
Dragon arrow head-only optainable thru
                                   drops 90 fletching to
                                   attach head
Unstrung dragon bow-required to shoot
                                       dragon arrows, 99
                                       fletch to string.
Dragon b00ts-gives +5 arm bonus
Runite boots -gives +4 arm bonus

The backpack and d boots are the ones I enjoy the most out of this list. Not for utility but because they would look amazing on me.

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

+1

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Blazernite Send PM

Antmann said:

That's basically what this server is anyways. A RSC version of OSRS if you haven't noticed. OP you got a +1 from me.