Account creation

Player avatar

Dragnlance Send PM

Account creation completely bugged. I can replicate this over and over.

Create new character, log out, try log back in gives you error invalid credentials.

Can't confirm email, can't reset password, can't recover account. Only way to log back in is if you set it as one of your saved accounts on creation before first login.

This is likely killing off any new players wanting to play. There are multiple posts on the support forum reporting the same issue.

Please help.

Last edited by Dragnlance (5 Oct 2021 11:29)

Player avatar

Terror Send PM

subscriber

I've just tested this and it all works fine for me? I also don't see any of these multiple posts? Perhaps you can give more details or talk to me on discord? Terror#4467

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Dragnlance Send PM

For anyone looking into issues in the future I found I was affected by two separate problems.

Firstly, account password length is capped at 12 characters long. there's no notification to tell you this, my password was longer than this so when I was putting in what I thought was the correct password it was wrong, when I trimmed the extra characters the same password (shortened to 12 characters) worked and I was able to access those accounts again.

Secondly, hotmail appears to be blocking contact from RSC Revolutions server. If you've registered with a hotmail account you won't receive the account confirmation email, or any of the password recovery emails. You'll need to contact an admin to fix that.

GLHF

Novantico Send PM

Dragnlance said:

For anyone looking into issues in the future I found I was affected by two separate problems.

Firstly, account password length is capped at 12 characters long. there's no notification to tell you this, my password was longer than this so when I was putting in what I thought was the correct password it was wrong, when I trimmed the extra characters the same password (shortened to 12 characters) worked and I was able to access those accounts again.

Secondly, hotmail appears to be blocking contact from RSC Revolutions server. If you've registered with a hotmail account you won't receive the account confirmation email, or any of the password recovery emails. You'll need to contact an admin to fix that.

GLHF

Thank you from the future for this. I use Yahoo Mail and was wondering whether I should have received a registration e-mail or not, especially since the damn game wasn't accepting my login credentials post account creation. But now I lose out on the one name I wanted to use and will have to use a different one with my gmail which is really dang lame.

Actually that was on me, at least partly. I didn't know you had to go into account management and make your character on the website first. Thought that was what the point of making an account was. I still haven't received an email though, so that issue stands.

Last edited by Novantico (14 Apr 2023 09:45)