NA Ping

Player avatar

Zach Nocare Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Player avatar

humans Send PM

My ping hovers 150-200 ms. It's almost impossible to PK with this ping combined with the recent lag.

For the most part, ping is more important for certain aspects of the game - e.g. Wilderness/staking. For the sake of simplicity, let's stick to PK. Last night I was pking and the general theme of this circus show was:
1) NA players getting screwed out of catches due to latency delays and high ping (idk if this lag is a recent problem, but it has been unbearable coupling with the high ping) - yes, we tested the difference on different servers and the results were astounding- idk why NA players even PK at rev given how terrible their delays are.
2) Ppl using alts to catch off when they are low on food/etc - the usual village people manipulating game mechanics to escape - don't worry 2 can play that game, but we choose not to screw the server over by completely trashing you scumbags on alts, which is incredibly easy to pull off
3) Castle is absolutely dead, there are people camping 50-100 alts there, with no chance for anyone to possibly PK in those areas - nobody with a sane mind is going to sacrifice their 20s/30s making hundreds of alts to compete - and if they did it would only magnify the issue with even more chars camped around those areas. Common sense. This is one of the main reasons why low/mid tier pking is non-existent in the game.

@n0m idk who is giving you wilderness advice or sucking up telling you everything is alright in the wildnerness, but given how dead your wilderness is without certain teams, you may want to place some restriction around the castle area AND fix your ping/lag. Value honest opinion and not some kiss ass who wants a rank. New players don't even come to the wilderness because of this shit show that has been plaguing your server for years. You're forced to lure people to wilderness with fort/hotspot and even made an event queue system bc of how terrible the wilderness state is. You're forcing small teams to ally because you can't deal with people abusing game mechanics to camp hundreds of alts around wilderness, thus making competition impossible. Look for the root problem and solve it for long term growth.

Last edited by humans (19 Oct 2019 14:40)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

That's what I've always said. Screw the shit heads who "have pked for years like this." Them leaving because the wild is fixed is by far the best thing that could happen.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Make Up rules because u cant compete, not the first time this have happend, im stickning with what ive Said before - do it

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

YOUR PING ISNT THE PROBLEM BUDS IT'S WHERE YOU ARE CLICKING AND WHEN YOU ARE DOING IT, YOUR CLICKS ARE VERY INACCURATE CAUSING WALKBACKS AND ALL SORTS OF OTHER PROBLEMS. JUST GET GOOD AT THE FUCKING GAME ROFL, WE'VE ALL SEEN THOSE SHIT VIDS YOU BOTH POSTED AND BOTH YOUR CLICKS ARE HORRIBLE.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

1:52 - 1:54, is that ur ping causing that walkback Zach?
3:22 - 3:24, ping? or bad clicks
3:27 - 3:30, ping? or bad clicks
3:39 - 3:41, another miss
3:44 - 3:48, another miss

and not one of those misses was because of your ping. you're clicking on the wrong tiles.

and humans mm8 dont get me started on ur attempts at catching lol, at least zach actually makes a few here n there

Last edited by xfermepoop (19 Oct 2019 16:31)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Why doesn't rapps mr t etc find it impossible to compete?

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

humans Send PM

Any reasonable person would make at maximum 2-3 flats to PK - I'm fine with multi- but there are people sitting on a huge shared char list + multiple accounts at virtually every level. At Rev you have people making hundreds of alts to get some ego edge over other ppl. This results in newer players losing the motivation to PK over the years and leads to formation of big team to compete. People don't have time to train millions of accounts in this day and age, and even if they did it would only exacerbate the problem. But big team won't last forever and sometimes you just can't tolerate this shit any longer.

I'm not going to encourage our team to make more flats bc that would kill the wilderness even more entirely. That would be childish and stupid af. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture. Teams are a major asset for pking activity in the wilderness, without them it would end up being 1v1 or completely dead wildy. There would be smaller teams if people were reasonable human beings and not intentionally trying to screw the wildy.

The wildy would be perfect for growth if there were smaller teams competing and people not camp 1000 accounts everywhere in the wilderness demotivating newer players from pk. But since they had the will to make excessive amounts of accounts in the first place, it's clear to me they want to dominate the server for an ego boost at the cost of killing the wilderness. 

1) Fort is basically WDGAF vs 10000 alts. They catch off with their alts and drain you until you're out of food/runes. I fought for 40 mins straight yesterday because ppl kept regearing on their alts and catching off nonstop. It's bad enough I have to deal with high ping living in NA, but bc most of the multis are euro players, they have priority to attack me on their alt due to their low ping while im trying to attack their original account. Imagine having to fight someone for 5 minutes, then they come with an alt to catch you off, regear, and come back to kill you. It's ridiculous.

2) Castle is dead bc no ip restriction so ppl will perpetually gang you on alts until you're out of food. No matter how many people you have in your team, there's no way to compete against this. It's perpetually worse for people who don't have a team. No cbt formula change is going to change this highly exploitative system. This kills low lvl/mid tier pk at castle.

I honestly don't care anymore since some of you are a stranger to common sense. So this will be my final post on this topic. Good luck.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

humans said:

1) Fort is basically WDGAF vs 10000 alts. They catch off with their alts and drain you until you're out of food/runes. I fought for 40 mins straight yesterday because ppl kept regearing on their alts and catching off nonstop. It's bad enough I have to deal with high ping living in NA, but bc most of the multis are euro players, they have priority to attack me on their alt due to their low ping while im trying to attack their original account. Imagine having to fight someone for 5 minutes, then they come with an alt to catch you off, regear, and come back to kill you. It's ridiculous.

Fort is 2ip, how can someone catch off your 15 man team with 2 alts? it's impossible.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

humans said:

Fort is 2ip, how can someone catch off your 15 man team with 2 alts? it's impossible.

I honestly don't care anymore since some of you are a stranger to common sense

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

No matter what the rules are the shitty teams will still have the numbers and reasons why they cant pk. Its always been like that. Think of all the shitters that have been around starting with mulchers, swords etc (very few come somewhat decent). Thankfully we have the videos to prove that (10vs3, embarrassing to even record that and disgusting to watch zero skill pking. You can make a 12 year old who has never played this game perform better with 10minute tips. But sure, as always blame everyone else. Just what nyx said, how can you ever lose a fight with those numbers.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

dead pkers Send PM

subscriber

The time spent moaning about people having *more* characters for the last 2 years could have been spent making those exact  characters, its incredibly easy to make 40s-90s.  That being said, the moaning being done by same people could have been spent making a bigger team and making you nerds quit for good. 

Get fucking good

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

dead pkers said:

The time spent moaning about people having *more* characters for the last 2 years could have been spent making those exact  characters, its incredibly easy to make 40s-90s.  That being said, the moaning being done by same people could have been spent making a bigger team and making you nerds quit for good. 

Get fucking good

"UnLesS yOu ChEaT aNd RuIn RsC tHe WaY iT sHouLd HavE bEeN PlaYed LeaVe."

AKA zero growth in pking because that's not how ppl want to pk.

Get f%$ed.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (21 Oct 2019 05:14)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Msfs Send PM

my ping jumps from 280-320, stop complaining about ping when you have 150max nerds, try pking with 320 goodlord

Player avatar

beatdown Send PM

subscriber

rofl i literally just posted a video of us smashing everyone as euros on an na server

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

rofl i literally just posted a video of us smashing everyone as euros on an na server

they just can't comprehend how to 2sq catch, it really isn't that difficult. just have to be mindful of where you click and how many times you do click

baffles me that someone as smart as Humans claims to be that he can't get his head around it

Player avatar

imRonald Send PM

Why does other good na pkers succesfully catch everytime? Dont you think its because u lack skills? We all seen your pk video, ur probaly one of the worst pkers on rev yet you speak like you're relevant fucking friend.

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

humans said:

Any reasonable person would make at maximum 2-3 flats to PK - I'm fine with multi- but there are people sitting on a huge shared char list + multiple accounts at virtually every level. At Rev you have people making hundreds of alts to get some ego edge over other ppl. This results in newer players losing the motivation to PK over the years and leads to formation of big team to compete. People don't have time to train millions of accounts in this day and age, and even if they did it would only exacerbate the problem. But big team won't last forever and sometimes you just can't tolerate this shit any longer.

I'm not going to encourage our team to make more flats bc that would kill the wilderness even more entirely. That would be childish and stupid af. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture. Teams are a major asset for pking activity in the wilderness, without them it would end up being 1v1 or completely dead wildy. There would be smaller teams if people were reasonable human beings and not intentionally trying to screw the wildy.

The wildy would be perfect for growth if there were smaller teams competing and people not camp 1000 accounts everywhere in the wilderness demotivating newer players from pk. But since they had the will to make excessive amounts of accounts in the first place, it's clear to me they want to dominate the server for an ego boost at the cost of killing the wilderness. 

2) Castle is dead bc no ip restriction so ppl will perpetually gang you on alts until you're out of food. No matter how many people you have in your team, there's no way to compete against this. It's perpetually worse for people who don't have a team. No cbt formula change is going to change this highly exploitative system. This kills low lvl/mid tier pk at castle.

I honestly don't care anymore since some of you are a stranger to common sense. So this will be my final post on this topic. Good luck.

+1

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

firemaker Send PM

subscriber

stfu ping cant fix stupid