Website update & P2P Progress!

Player avatar

delrith Send PM

subscriber

as always GREAT WORK! and to everyone else - quit being little cunts, everyone's got a lil zyzz in em, get bitches

[img]http://i.imgur.com/dmEC58y.png[/img]

Player avatar

Overbored Send PM

subscriber

Woohoo content!

Player avatar

Zeldar Send PM

Thank you all.  smile  :cool:

Player avatar

monster Send PM

subscriber

Also, 1 ip per wild needs to happen b4 p2p.

Player avatar

Firstborn Send PM

subscriber

Agreed. 1 ip per wild (for pking) should be priority #1

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

We need to figure something out together about the "1 IP Per Wild". It clearly will get abused as well as break the game for those who want to be in wild with multiple chars (not pking).

Let say CharacterX park 3 accounts in wilderness and pking on his fourth, he dies and spawn in Lumbridge death location. Then he will be able to login on his second account so on so on out of his total accounts.

How are we going to track this, it will get messy and hard and probably alot of false bans. Only way we could ban those abusers would be from you players recording when you're pking. I'm not saying we cannot catch these abusers at all, but it won't be a proper solution on the whole situation.

My Opinion: So I was thinking the staff team with the community making up and perfecting this rule together. Still allowing as many accounts you want in wilderness on same ip and if you're caught parking/pking with multiple accounts at once you'll be banned on the involved accounts permanent.

I am against making fixes like 1 ip in wild just to fix one aspect of the game and destroy other aspects. So therefore I want to have a rule instead and be strict with it.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Jebby Send PM

subscriber

Considering its suppose to be a replica, have you considered Sacrificing Multi logging all together,

However when you log out only that character can log in again until a five minute timer or However long you deem fit, finishes, then you are able to log into other characters, not entirely sure how this would go but I think it may be possible.

Multi logging is ridiculous Anyways.
regardless of Wildy or not.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/357kegw.jpg[/img]
- Jebby, Juzza, xox, Dragons Fury, exe - http://www.rscrevolution.com/ -
"errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum"

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

While I get why you'd want to avoid something like a set IP limit, I think, while enforcing a rule like this is "doable" with player recordings, this will only lead to players attempting to goad others into logging extra characters and then recording "proof" to get their enemies banned.

I also think there would be a lot of ambiguity attached to this that people won't be able to agree on. What if you're afking a weak account and someone attacks it? Are you, then, forced to fight on the account they engaged you on first, or can you log your defender instead?

What about agreements between two or more players so that player A will defend player B's account while player B defends player A's account? It's not technically using multiple characters to fight, but the end result in this respect is the same.

I feel like a hard IP cap on the wild is necessary. Whether it's one IP, two, or another number, there should be a set limit to prevent a single person or small group of people from tying up all the spawns available. One IP is my preference, though two might end up being the magic number. While it means players could indeed multilog still, it's more limited than before, and if they want to have an alt training somewhere, they'll either have to close out the client and wait, or ration out when they want to try to become am best pk and when they want to train.

Player avatar

Jebby Send PM

subscriber

Mod Alex said:

While I get why you'd want to avoid something like a set IP limit, I think, while enforcing a rule like this is "doable" with player recordings, this will only lead to players attempting to goad others into logging extra characters and then recording "proof" to get their enemies banned.

I also think there would be a lot of ambiguity attached to this that people won't be able to agree on. What if you're afking a weak account and someone attacks it? Are you, then, forced to fight on the account they engaged you on first, or can you log your defender instead?

What about agreements between two or more players so that player A will defend player B's account while player B defends player A's account? It's not technically using multiple characters to fight, but the end result in this respect is the same.

I feel like a hard IP cap on the wild is necessary. Whether it's one IP, two, or another number, there should be a set limit to prevent a single person or small group of people from tying up all the spawns available. One IP is my preference, though two might end up being the magic number. While it means players could indeed multilog still, it's more limited than before, and if they want to have an alt training somewhere, they'll either have to close out the client and wait, or ration out when they want to try to become am best pk and when they want to train.

I like this, +1 Very Strong and valid points alex, I agree that this will only lead to flaming and in house fighting, And constant "reports" of Multi Pkers,

I still Reckon that Multi Logging should just be completely taken out,
And then to log into another character directly from logging out of one should be given a time limit to stop Wildy Campers....
Now im not a pker I haven't even touched the wilderness yet, But from what ive seen so far all the fights and drama And Bullshit can be wiped out with these 2 steps

1: Take Out multi logging All together
2: add a time limit when it comes to Switching characters/accounts From the same IP
Not by much I reckon a 2 minute, or 3 minute time would do.

Either way you approach this I have complete faith in the admins to come up with an amicable Solution to this.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/357kegw.jpg[/img]
- Jebby, Juzza, xox, Dragons Fury, exe - http://www.rscrevolution.com/ -
"errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum"

Player avatar

monster Send PM

subscriber

Mod Alex said:

#1While I get why you'd want to avoid something like a set IP limit, I think, while enforcing a rule like this is "doable" with player recordings, this will only lead to players attempting to goad others into logging extra characters and then recording "proof" to get their enemies banned.

#2I also think there would be a lot of ambiguity attached to this that people won't be able to agree on. What if you're afking a weak account and someone attacks it? Are you, then, forced to fight on the account they engaged you on first, or can you log your defender instead?

#3What about agreements between two or more players so that player A will defend player B's account while player B defends player A's account? It's not technically using multiple characters to fight, but the end result in this respect is the same.

#4I feel like a hard IP cap on the wild is necessary. Whether it's one IP, two, or another number, there should be a set limit to prevent a single person or small group of people from tying up all the spawns available. One IP is my preference, though two might end up being the magic number. While it means players could indeed multilog still, it's more limited than before, and if they want to have an alt training somewhere, they'll either have to close out the client and wait, or ration out when they want to try to become am best pk and when they want to train.

I don't agree with #1, if it's not your account, you won't be banned for pking on it.

Train in the wilderness at your own accord, so I don't agree with #2.

For #3; if you have someone that's willing to do it, then that's good, teams will always exist

Only reasonable thing is a one IP cap, seeing as that's what the majority wants.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

We need to figure something out together about the "1 IP Per Wild". It clearly will get abused as well as break the game for those who want to be in wild with multiple chars (not pking).

Let say CharacterX park 3 accounts in wilderness and pking on his fourth, he dies and spawn in Lumbridge death location. Then he will be able to login on his second account so on so on out of his total accounts.

How are we going to track this, it will get messy and hard and probably alot of false bans. Only way we could ban those abusers would be from you players recording when you're pking. I'm not saying we cannot catch these abusers at all, but it won't be a proper solution on the whole situation.

My Opinion: So I was thinking the staff team with the community making up and perfecting this rule together. Still allowing as many accounts you want in wilderness on same ip and if you're caught parking/pking with multiple accounts at once you'll be banned on the involved accounts permanent.

I am against making fixes like 1 ip in wild just to fix one aspect of the game and destroy other aspects. So therefore I want to have a rule instead and be strict with it.

That is basically what rscrevolution has done. This is there Current ruling. bolded the important part of it.

Multiple logging-in
You are free to create as many accounts as you like and you are welcome to trade between your accounts just as you would with any other legitimate player.

However, if any of your accounts obtained wealth by rule breaking activity for example macro use (botting) or real world trading (buying gold or items from 3rd parties) then all your accounts will be banned.

Similarly, multi-logged accounts must not interact with each other to exploit gameplay mechanics, such as attempting to rig the result of a minigame.

Trading wealth or items between your own accounts is done entirely at your own risk. Unconventional trade methods like drop-, death- or trust-trades are particularly risky and we strongly advise against them.

You may log into multiple accounts across all versions of rscrevolution at the same time, however any account you are using must not be involved in any rule breaking or exploitative activity. Any penalties or sanction for such behaviour will be applied to all of your accounts.

There will never be a perfect solution, but shit like Multi log pking/food trading from parked lvl 3s/account parking. This is utter shit. this is what ruins pking, because it pisses them off to a point of either just not pking anymore, or just flat out quitting.

Something does have to be done. A lot of people left turnip because of this garbage, with the hope that something would be done on here to deal with it.

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

Fate said:

what if a given player is afking 3 accs at hobs (or anywhere else) and a team of 3 comes and they attack one of his accounts each, then he is technically pking on all 3 chars..

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

monster said:

I don't agree with #1, if it's not your account, you won't be banned for pking on it.

Train in the wilderness at your own accord, so I don't agree with #2.

For #3; if you have someone that's willing to do it, then that's good, teams will always exist

Only reasonable thing is a one IP cap, seeing as that's what the majority wants.

In regards to #1, what I meant was it will lead to bans of "legit" players that wouldn't otherwise happen, because people are inevitably going to try to goad others into logging a second character. Is it their fault for letting them get under their skin and forcing them to break the rules? Sure. But I don't think people should be treated the same as botters simply because a new wild system is in place. Similarly, any scenario like that, and the endless false/misinformed reports would just lead to more issues for the staff to process.

For #2, I don't really understand your response. The point of what I said is that every scenario will be different, and therefore without very extensively defined rules, any and all ambiguity could lead to either bans or people evading bans, depending on perspective.

As for #3, I agree teams are part of the game. I simply mean that if two people establish a deal with one another that functions in every regard as would multilogging, then they're in essence working around the rule while gaining the same "unfair" advantage people wanted these rules for in the first place.

Player avatar

Ryan Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Awesome thanks so much Zeldar and Davve! big_smile You guys rock!

~K!zL

Player avatar

Havalian Send PM

subscriber

First, BIG thank you to everyone who's continued effort makes this all possible.

As far as multiple accounts in wilderness- If it comes down to it this will probably be like turnip for me: I kill you, you know I killed you and I know I killed you. Then you bring more accounts to kill me. Neither of us is surprised at this outcome.

I'd like to chime on the god spell issue.  If we make it how it was in RSC I believe it will be less of an issue.  You MUST complete Mage Arena.  You MUST charge.  You MUST wield staff AND cape of choice.  And armor is protected over staff and cape.  For most people on RSC, losing 400k all at once was something that they noticed.

Player avatar

rusty Send PM

Good evening.

Player avatar

Tim Send PM

betasubscriber100donor

Thanks for all of the good work, and since this topic has gotten off topic I guess I can put in my opinion on that as well. I personally like going to just 1 ip per account in the wild. I think it simplifies things like Mod Alex has says. As far as I can see, parking multiple accounts in 1 spot isn't wrong. You could do it back in the day if you could lure someone to that spot. You still need to log off of the account that died (wait 10 seconds after combat).

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

of course people want it being removed due the fact they suck at it, they can't accept the fact someone is actually capable of handling multiple clients at once meanwhile they aren't.

people said when xp rate is low enough, you won't be able to make multiple characters and park them so what's the problem now? i thought it was the char parking which was considered as problem but out of sudden you are changing your mind.

who in the blue hell says that you are supposed to pk only with the 1 client when pking is made so easy? it ain't rocket science, multiloggin is possible just because only thing you need to do while pking is catch, eat and cast and maybe toggle your prayers but thats it, literally 4-5 things which are easy as shit and anyone can do that after been pking for a while.

personally i can't even get better at pking anymore when it comes to 1 client, defeats the whole purpose from playing such a game.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

monster Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

of course people want it being removed due the fact they suck at it, they can't accept the fact someone is actually capable of handling multiple clients at once meanwhile they aren't.

people said when xp rate is low enough, you won't be able to make multiple characters and park them so what's the problem now? i thought it was the char parking which was considered as problem but out of sudden you are changing your mind.

who in the blue hell says that you are supposed to pk only with the 1 client when pking is made so easy? it ain't rocket science, multiloggin is possible just because only thing you need to do while pking is catch, eat and cast and maybe toggle your prayers but thats it, literally 4-5 things which are easy as shit and anyone can do that after been pking for a while.

personally i can't even get better at pking anymore when it comes to 1 client, defeats the whole purpose from playing such a game.

I accept that you can do it.
I don't like it.
Get rid of it.

Player avatar

Kitty Send PM

subscriber

1 ip per person in wild is what I support, I get tired of watching global become a rage fest due to multiple accounts in wildy killing people.

I am Kitty! See me type!