Deadman Mode Tournament: Season 3 - $1,200 USD in Prizes

Player avatar

Pkingusedtobefun Send PM

Pepsi said:

Pkingusedtobefun said:

And a full month this time? it didnt last 4days last DMM.. $1200 prize seems more like your hoping we'll all sub up and you'll double up.. I think you need to completely rethink this.

Hard off said:

Hardly anyone played last season.  Too many god damn restrictions.

This is far from a mandatory event. You do not need to participate if you don't want to, nor does anyone have to buy subs.

Lol that's a mindless response if there ever was one. This is a video game nothing is mandatory. Are you trying to get players to have fun? Because i thought that was the common goal with the event.

Pepsi said:

I don't recall the exact number off the top of my head, but there were more than 200 DMM characters who participated last year.  Ofc many stopped playing DMM because they simply could not keep up due to real life obligations, and had no chance of winning

I played this mode personally. Knew everyone that did. 6 of those DMM chars were mine. I'm questioning if you even watched it let alone participated at this point. They quit because they spent 30+ hrs grinding to get a weapon while others were passing r2hs and baxes to their friends thru AH for normal currency. (I sold 2 DMM r2hs for 500k ea normal gp personally) AH for 5gp.. after I realized I wasnt gonna kill the guy that was max lvl with 3 rune sets on his mule...

Pepsi said:

what's is more intriguing, is why you have to make brand new forum accounts to make such complaints and accusations.

The fact you had to ask and couldnt figure it out... I wont say any more than that.

Player avatar

Lenigrast Send PM

So we gotta buy subscriptions for a separate char just to keep up?

giphy.gif

Last edited by Lenigrast (19 Jun 2019 05:53)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/yUSJ26H.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Is this going to be fully skilling based instead of the supply drops for the items now?people want to pk and have fun instead of grinding in DMM too, the supply drops are def better way than that if so, the drop rates just sucked for the rune items, you'll have someone getting 98 smithing now in 3 weeks luckily and he'll be hoarding the rune 2h's and fucking everyone up :X

Last edited by Jauroo (20 Jun 2019 09:57)

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

As reigning skiller champ is like to throw in my 2 cents. I had alot of fun with last year's event. But there are a few things I think would benefit from change.

1. There are many ways to get around the rules. Id say each person should only be allowed one account. One per forum account. There are people with multiple forum accounts but the mods know who they are so just ban any new characters made. Also I don't know how hard it is to do but try and monitor if multiple people are on a single account. If 4 people are on an account 24 hours a day they are gonna win.. Kinda makes it unfair for everyone who just plays casually.

2. Either get rid of supply drops all together and add a shop to buy rune stuff with gp. Or make drops way more common and add more variety of drops. And make the amount you get way more. Like say 250 coal/iron or 25 or 30 limps /red eggs or instead of 3 Ruby's make it like 20. Stuff like that. It levels the playing field. R2hs were so rare the first person to get one basically won the pk portion of the event. Either make them equal chance for everyone (set price in shop). Or make them somewhat common in supply drops. Took me 4 days to get one last season.

3. Actually monitor people who are working the system. Alot of people were breaking the rules last season. Pretty much everyone actually lol. Especially the ah. One way to prevent this would be to have a set price for items. Cannot go over or under a certain price. For example min r2h price 50k max 100k. Basically just need to put a reasonable minimum price to stop mules. Max price is important too so people don't use it for extra storage with crazy prices. Also make drop trading impossible.

4. When you fish you get 3 fish. Should get at least double ore mining, or even things like cows drop 3 hides stuff like that.

Player avatar

Hard off Send PM

Pepsi said:

What is more intriguing, is why you have to make brand new forum accounts to make such complaints and accusations.

Whenever I quit, I change passwords on all my chars and forum accounts.  Anonymity is for cowards.

I occasionally check this site, perhaps once a month, for updates and see if it's worth playing again.

Seeing as how it's DMM I thought maybe I'd give it a shot, but I remember from last time how everyone was complaining and there was hardly anyone to fight.

Still struggling with major health problems, and RSC would be a nice release, but it's always the same old shit.

- Dr. Johnson, the one and only.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Hard off said:

Pepsi said:

What is more intriguing, is why you have to make brand new forum accounts to make such complaints and accusations.

Whenever I quit, I change passwords on all my chars and forum accounts.  Anonymity is for cowards.

I occasionally check this site, perhaps once a month, for updates and see if it's worth playing again.

Seeing as how it's DMM I thought maybe I'd give it a shot, but I remember from last time how everyone was complaining and there was hardly anyone to fight.

Still struggling with major health problems, and RSC would be a nice release, but it's always the same old shit.

What reasons do you have to not play? Theres so much to do on this server lol

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

Nocashkilla said:

Hard off said:

Pepsi said:

What reasons do you have to not play? Theres so much to do on this server lol

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

please add supply drops back, only thing wrong with them was just the drop rates for the best items, last season people felt like it was too grindy and it was completely dead after 4 days, now its running for a month and its exactly the same minus the supply drops, DMM should be fun and have lots of pking, last time i literally had to walk around the map for hours to even find someone and after a few days there was literally like 3 guys fighting, and now we have less players/pkers than we did back then,  maybe add some teleports around the map, and make it run for 2 weeks instead of 4, you'll be 80 combat within a few days and theres nothing left to do, or after 2 weeks increase the max combat level to 90-100 or something

No1 is going to get 98 smithing, since you can't even mine ores on multiple accounts yourself and trade them over, or have friends helping u and give them 2 u, and if someone somehow managed to nolife it, why in the hell would he sell the items, because they are way better than the GP they'd get in return + we can't even buy addy 2hs and shit from taverly, since it's in p2p, either add a shop with rune items addy 2hs and such, for X amount of GP giving everyone a fair shot at obtaining them, or add the supply drops back

Last edited by Jauroo (29 Jun 2019 20:12)

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

I don't have the energy for this anymore to type essays trying to advocate for whats actually decent and can create pk sucked the life out of me but if I was going to write one it would have been what jauro said almost word for word. just put the supply drops back with a much better weight, I might even play, not like it is tho

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Jonny5tud Send PM

I just want to say that I applaud the Mods/Devs for continuing to do stuff like this. Thanks for keeping Classic alive. I'm not sure I will have time to participate due to work, but I hope it is a blast for those that can participate seriously. Sure, there is always room for improvement, but the fact you guys are doing anything at all.. That's awesome! Have fun everyone, and good luck!

Player avatar

wellasusual Send PM

200donor

you may all have time to play. as it's going to be delayed since staff walked out

Player avatar

ThoughtJunky Send PM

So, like... It's July 1. How do I make my Deadman?

Last edited by ThoughtJunky (1 Jul 2019 07:20)

Player avatar

purepehmo Send PM

DMM2_Participant

So wheres the mode?

Player avatar

purepehmo Send PM

DMM2_Participant

E N K O said:

purepehmo said:

So wheres the mode?

The owner and most of the staff quit yesterday.

hahaha wait what?

how did this happen

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

E N K O said:

purepehmo said:

So wheres the mode?

O for real?

Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Evilpker Send PM

DMM2_Participant

what's happening

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

E N K O said:

Kleio is the server owner, and he did not quit.
Also, n0m only left discord to get a break from the constant negativity.

DMM is delayed a bit, because we decided to implement some changes.  We are doing this because of all the negative responses received on this post.
I will update in the morning, once I speak with n0m and kleio.  At that time, I will also post the changes that we have implemented and been testing.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Pepsi said:

E N K O said:

DMM is delayed a bit, because we decided to implement some changes.  We are doing this because of all the negative responses received on this post.
I will update in the morning, once I speak with n0m and kleio.  At that time, I will also post the changes that we have implemented and been testing.

Thank you for the update.  Is there an estimate of how long the delay will be (day, days, week, weeks)?  Glad to see there will be changes, hopefully it will spark more interest in the mode.

I think the concern posted above was that the staff page here on the website was reduced dramatically.  Typically, there's an announcement regarding the step down of mods.  Some of these people may have stepped down a while ago, but I noticed missing Mel, Rah, Syn, Meat, Mason, Scooby are missing from the staff page.  I'm sure this would be more appropriately discussed in a relevant news thread though.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

S O B BSpace said:

Pepsi said:

E N K O said:

Thank you for the update.  Is there an estimate of how long the delay will be (day, days, week, weeks)?  Glad to see there will be changes, hopefully it will spark more interest in the mode.

I think the concern posted above was that the staff page here on the website was reduced dramatically.  Typically, there's an announcement regarding the step down of mods.  Some of these people may have stepped down a while ago, but I noticed missing Mel, Rah, Syn, Meat, Mason, Scooby are missing from the staff page.  I'm sure this would be more appropriately discussed in a relevant news thread though.

Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

LarryFo Send PM

where is dmm its nearly the 2nd