PK Mode - Again!

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

Here we go again....

Guys, this NEEDS to happen, we have lost so many players of late, the wild is DEAD.

PK Mode

• Requires a gold sub to activate
  • Increased combat EXP (attack/defense/strength/hits/ranged/pray/magic).
  • Unable to train any non-combat skill.
  • Unable to dual/stake.

This has been asked over and over and over again, give the players what we want?
How many players/potential players have been lost over the years due to this? and are still being lost?

RSC is a dying game, once our generation decides enough is enough, there will be ZERO new players, anyone who grew up with RS2+ is not going to come and play classic.

Most of us are reaching or over 30yo, we do not have the time to meet the requirements of 2019 wild (multiple accs), so the majority just don't play at all, as having 1 account is pretty much useless.

Bring PK back = Bring players back to the game.

At least trial run it for a few weeks, see if things improve, atm they can't get much worse. It's worth a shot right?

INB4NO.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

with PK mode you should just be able to set ur stats and get right into action. This is why there NEEDS to be Pkers in the staff team of every server, they literally don't see the point of view of other people, i've seen them say well the online count looks fine and whatever but the wildy has never been as dead as it is, i could count over 80 pkers who has quit in the past few years easily, and they are NOT coming back here to grind hundreds or thousands of hours just so they can have fun and enjoy pking on the game they love, when they have 1-2hours free time every now n then.

I'd like to hear from a staff member why this shouldn't happen or why is this such a bad idea, there is literally no downsides to this. With new server/s opening shortly shit will be even more dead, if you did this, the competitors wouldn't stand a chance.

Allow people to create Pking mode accounts, Just like the ones who enjoy the grind can create iron mans and what else, Make it require 1 sub to activate, let these accounts SET their stats, the stats wouldn't have any effect outside the wildy, they wouldn't be able to farm items and so on, this way the pking would be more active than in a long time in here, possibly more active than in any server for the last few years, because 1 IP whole wildy would strictly kill the whole shit, and why would a new pker or someone with 1 account want to fight a guy with 100 accounts? they just don't and they quit. I could login 100 accounts against someone if i wanted to but i aint a bitch like that, but some people are, and if everyone had the accounts to compete, there would be NO problem at all.

But when the staff directly says that pkers overwhelmingly don't donate, and with the new host its time to make the 90% of players happy ( skillers ) because pkers dont even make 10% of their playerbase ( everyone can literally wonder why) I can see why this is not happening or never getting any replies from a staff. There was mods who liked this but admins shut the idea down and never got a reply since.

Every server  has seen it in the past that once all the pkers quit, your server is literally dead. No1 to buy skillers supplies, no1 to buy subs for training ( this wouldnt be a problem with pk mode because the sales would skyrocket) etc. Same happened with rev b4, did with l3gacy, did with turnip for a countless of times, + every other server, and summers coming so it's even gonna be more dead on a dying game, if they're really that narrow minded and can't understand this just let the players quit then idk why we even keep suggesting things like this or complaining about it when literallly nothing is being done, they're re-doing the fort which is good but it aint making wildy any more active or going to get any more players

run it for a month, if it doesn't work just set the stats of these accounts to 1/1/1, there, you made a ton of money from subs and had a active wildy at the worst case scenario? lol

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

Jauroo said:

i've seen them say well the online count looks fine and whatever

Skillers using multiple accounts to cut trees/fish/mine/farm etc.
Individual IP connections prob at lowest level in years?

Jauroo said:

if you did this, the competitors wouldn't stand a chance.

Agreed. - Already seen 1 server implement this, Rev is falling behind.

Jauroo said:

or someone with 1 account want to fight a guy with 100 accounts?

My situation, why I dont even try to PK anymore unless its border pking (only pking left on this server atm)

Jauroo said:

But when the staff directly says that pkers overwhelmingly don't donate

Maybe not with their own card, but they BUY the subs people get to sell on ect.
Like i've said before, i've seen donald buying 10+ golds at once, tell me he aint a pker?

Jauroo said:

run it for a month, if it doesn't work just set the stats of these accounts to 1/1/1, there, you made a ton of money from subs and had a active wildy at the worst case scenario? lol

DO IT. DO IT. DO IT.

Last edited by ЯJPK (16 May 2019 12:44)

Player avatar

furious moss Send PM

subscriber

I +1 this. Amazing. I would love to see this i would be pking all day +999999999

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

they dont care unless you want some new skill or skilling areas not gonna happen stop wasting time smile

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

soulfear said:

they dont care unless you want some new skill or skilling areas not gonna happen stop wasting time smile

R.I.P Rev

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

Personally, I like the idea of a PK mode character with high exp rates that is unable to train any non-combat skill. With most of us being near or over 30, we don't all have the free time that we used to have. But we love the game. When you're lacking time to dedicate countless hours to training characters and your only desire is to PK, it'd be nice for us to have a feature available to accommodate that want/need.

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

MEL4ADMIN <3

Last edited by ЯJPK (16 May 2019 14:48)

Player avatar

Mod Mel Send PM

Banned

I'm going to add a poll for this to main page. Go check it out and vote.

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Click here for helpful links regarding RSCRevolution and our exclusive content.
Read the Rules: Automated play is a bannable offense!

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Mod Mel said:

Personally, I like the idea of a PK mode character with high exp rates that is unable to train any non-combat skill. With most of us being near or over 30, we don't all have the free time that we used to have. But we love the game. When you're lacking time to dedicate countless hours to training characters and your only desire is to PK, it'd be nice for us to have a feature available to accommodate that want/need.

Nice, it would even be better if you could just ::setstat and get right into pking, or have ridiculously high exp rates on these accounts, make it so they don't get any drops from npcs either so people can't ''abuse'' that just strictly accounts for pking make it even playfield n active playfield for everyone once n for all

Player avatar

rsaholic Send PM

yes, yes and yes. But ask yourselves this....what can you offer apart from what the other server with pk mode is offering???
if you find the right answer to this question you will have success moving forward.....where is the competition falling short???

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

i would only support this if pk mode accounts could only fight other pk mode accounts.

Huuuuge -13,034,431 on that one, there isn't enough people to fight as it is.

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

ЯJPK said:

sirpyrrhic said:

i would only support this if pk mode accounts could only fight other pk mode accounts.

Huuuuge -13,034,431 on that one, there isn't enough people to fight as it is.

yeh i lold at his post dont worry the skillers will ruin this idea smile

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

soulfear said:

yeh i lold at his post dont worry the skillers will ruin this idea smile

This is why we also NEED a pker on the mod team, or at least create a 'trusted group' of pkers to act as advisors in the discussions with staff. People who have been pking years and know where the f they are talking about.

All this needs to happen quick, before we reach the event horizon.

If Rev gets this and the wild right, it will be a huge game changer.

Last edited by ЯJPK (17 May 2019 10:44)

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

What's the point in having to train? - those who have little time will have less time to make 100s of accounts, the point of a 'pk mode' should be able to get the huge population of players who have little time.

Again, those who nerd-out will have lots of chars vs those who have no time.

Should be automatic and adjustable stats, maybe once a week or something.

Also, there is still a second or so delay, this is a must fix for me to play more often.

Player avatar

Mod Syn Send PM

Banned

If this is implemented correctly, one could imagine that it will bring past PKers back on to the scene. This, in turn, increases population, gets Global 1 & 2 pumping again and spurs a few commodity markets back in to action.

The ripple effect looks positive in my mind.

+1 if we can implement this in the right manner.

Syn

Last edited by Mod Syn (17 May 2019 11:31)

Read the Rules

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

cunnilingus11 said:

What's the point in having to train?

Should be automatic and adjustable stats, maybe once a week or something.

I don't mind having to train them, if the EXP is high enough it takes only a couple hours to hit 99s.

I also do not mind the set stat option, I just want people back in the wild.

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

Mod Syn said:

If this is implemented correctly, one could imagine that it will bring past PKers back on to the scene. This, in turn, increases population, gets Global 1 & 2 pumping again and spurs a few commodity markets back in to action.

The ripple effect looks positive in my mind.

+1 if we can implement this in the right manner.

Syn

You need a pker on the staff team, or a group of pker 'advisors', to get this done correctly.
That is the ONLY way it has a chance of being right.

You guys also need to try and get a hold of some of the pkers who quit, ask them why they quit, if they would come back and what it would take to get them back.

PK mode needs to be made as appealing as possible to attract new and old players back to the wild.

Free PK days once a week? Weekend? Give non-pkers a chance to learn, adapt and grow without the fear of them losing their precious pixels.

Last edited by ЯJPK (17 May 2019 11:45)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

why the fk? you are probably one of the people who voted no aswell, please skillers, you can do it ! you can ruin this idea when no matter what you're not going to step foot inside wilderness :joy:

Player avatar

ЯJPK Send PM

Jauroo said:

please skillers, you can do it ! you can ruin this idea when no matter what you're not going to step foot inside wilderness :joy:

Hopefully they listen more so to the pkers on this topic, not people who don't or ever will PK.

The skillers should be overjoyed at this proposal! More accounts to sell their fish/pots/casts too.

- Increased sub sales
- Increased market transactions (food/pots/casts/armour/weps)
- Increased wilderness activity
- Increased server population? - If it's done right and the pkers come back.

I honestly see no downside to this idea, at all.

Last edited by ЯJPK (17 May 2019 12:38)

• «
  • 1 (current)