100 day inactivity rule is destroying game

Player avatar

chill kills Send PM

I'm sure most of you are aware of the rule that if you don't log in within 100 days all of your accounts get jailed.

Here are a few reasons why this rule sucks and is capable of doing irreparable damage to this server.

1. Logging in after this long of a time period and finding yourself in jail is renewing your RSCR experience with an instantly negative experience, lessening the players chance of actually wanting to start playing again.

2. I feel like someone who hasn't logged in for 100 days is in the least risk of being hacked???? Considering they haven't even been in the game for 100 days!

3. Mods are not always online and I have seen numerous unjailing processes taking long and arduous times to be sorted out (including my own and a close friends). If they even get to that stage without the player saying @^*# this it's too hard and quitting before they even started.

4. Changing all your passwords on every account to prove you are the owner is absurd and is a nightmare for those with numerous accounts. Why are people who have done nothing wrong being forced to change every password??? Seems like a total waste of everyone's time and super inconvenient.

I'm sure there's plenty of other reasons too. feel free to add why you think this rule is bs and should be deleted asap.

thanks for your time

please fix this

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

A possible better solution to this is to lock accounts who are inactive. From there, using the listserv, one email should be sent per forum account (might be a nightmare for people with many forum accounts) that will explain the situation and also explain that your account is locked until you click a verification link and change your password. If the user ignores or does not get this email for whatever reason but decides to play in the future, the client can say that "This account is locked for security reasons. Please check your email for a verification email." This is probably a better message than the current ban message that locked accounts get. This is a solution that does not require moderator intervention and would not be difficult to impliment. For people without verified emails, they should probably continue using the jail system.

To answer your second point though, inactive accounts are definitely at risk to be hacked. You do not know who has party hats or other rare/discontinued items. In addition, inactive accounts will not complain that they were hacked unless that player comes back in the future.

But yes the current jail system is pretty annoying. I understand it is necessary but it feels like it is a rushed solution that should be revisited and improved. I am sure that many mods are tired of dealing with jailed people all day too.

Last edited by Neox (15 Apr 2019 08:46)

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

The real reason this was added is so they can force name changes for accounts they find immature or inappropriate.   Kinda sad when Real rscrevolution RS allows names this server will not.  Stop treating us like children. Many players have left the server because of this reason.

Last edited by joe dirt (15 Apr 2019 10:37)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

joe dirt said:

The real reason this was added is so they can force name changes for accounts they find immature or inappropriate.   Kinda sad when Real rscrevolution RS allows names this server will not.  Stop treating us like children. Many players have left the server because of this reason.

Your theory is completely incorrect.

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16127

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

Pepsi said:

joe dirt said:

Your theory is completely incorrect.

https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=16127

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub