Information about character security

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

Administrator

There have been rumors that a database has been leaked to the public. Whilst we have no reason to believe that there has been a security breach on our end, we highly recommend that you change your passwords, enable two factor authentication, and a bank pin, on all characters in order to keep your accounts safe. The only possible (but unconfirmed) security breach RSCRevolution could have potentially been involved in, to our knowledge, was in 2016 when Fate resigned and launched RSCLegacy.

In the past several years, other servers have had verified database breaches, including R_S_C_E and RSCLegacy, after which we informed our players and encouraged them several times to change their passwords. It was due to these breaches of other server databases that we created our two-factor authentication system which was launched last year. We take your security very seriously and highly recommend that you use it.

Recently, we have heard rumors that some dormant accounts - all of which were created prior to 2017 - have been compromised. When we discovered this, we implemented a new security strategy where a moderator will confirm account ownership for all players who have not logged in for over 100 days.

We strongly urge all members of the community to regularly change your passwords - not just on RSCR, but everywhere on the internet - and encourage you to use different passwords on every site. You can also check if your passwords have been leaked in any data breach at www.haveibeenpwned.com.

Be aware that you are also massively putting your security at risk by installing 3rd party applications such as bots and auto clickers. These will steal your information!

RSCRevolution Team

Synesthesic Send PM

Subscriber

Thank you for the recommendations Kleio.

Wise words.

No.1 Ranger

rsaholic Send PM

ofc theres been a leak stop white washing the truth. change ur pws and move on.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I am happy someone on staff made this post. Many did not know why they were jailed.

Trupk3r Send PM

Subscriber

love u Kleio <3.

I Hope everything is good with u bud. Miss our old staff times! smile

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

Good to know.

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Tjd9 Send PM

Subscriber

I dunno if this is the best way to deal with it. Not the greatest way to welcome back old players. I guess something had to be done but I bet a ton of people log in, see they are in jail and just log out and don't return.

trogdor41487 Send PM

Subscriber

Sweet three hots and a cot!

I Like Fish Send PM

It’s a good strategy, but I would recommend having mods online to verify and unjail the players in a timely manner.

Pepsi Send PM

Administrator

I Like Fish said:

It’s a good strategy, but I would recommend having mods online to verify and unjail the players in a timely manner.

We do the best we can.  We can not be on 24/7 sadly.  I like sleep

Players should be putting in support tickets, ad PM on forums or a message on discord,  if no one is on.

I Like Fish Send PM

Pepsi said:

I Like Fish said:

Players should be putting in support tickets, ad PM on forums or a message on discord,  if no one is on.

You should add something that pops up when they log in to inform them of the steps they should take, that’s not ::news as 99.9% of people just close out of that and begin spamming global for a mod or asking why they’re in a cage.

I respect everyone’s efforts to support the server, it wasn’t a suggestion to lose sleep over a video game- was just stating that 90% of the time I’m online there is no moderator online

Last edited by I Like Fish (18 Apr 2019 05:53)

money trees Send PM

Subscriber

Pepsi said:

I Like Fish said:

I messaged Kleio almost a month ago asking about how to figure out all of my forum accounts to fix this, and still have not received a reply. Almost 5 years ago I started this journey and its sad this is what made it come to an end.  At this point quite frankly I'm not even interested in recovering my accounts anymore so RIP my forever jailed accounts, 5 years was a good run.