Fort isn't working.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

The Fort was implemented as a way to create more PKing. It worked well in the beginning with V1, Original Fort. I'm not sure if it did well because of the design or just the fact that we had 1 IP wild back then and you had not many other options considering how 1 IP wild completely kills low level PKing, etc.

Fort as of now is nothing but free farming/money/XP for the same group of Skillers now and not only that but decreases actual PKing in the wild because not even the best PKers can enter and fight a 30 man team of Skillers.

These people who "control" the wilderness now, mostly are Skillers who even admit to not caring about PK. (I know some do care but mostly they don't and I literally have seen and heard of others saying this.) So what is the point in just one group of people getting free money and XP and just piling anyone whos there to actually PK, who don't even care about PKing? Why is the wilderness a skillzone now? Most of them don't even try to catch or anything cause you don't need to when you've got that many people all the time. They're all about the farming and money.

Actual PKers and the people who literally are only here for PK are drifting away while these guys skill in rune sets.

Solutions:

1.)  Delete Fort and replace it with something completely new that could solve or help this problem.

2.)  Bring back V1 or something that makes it hard or take longer to get in and out (Trap doors and stuff were in V1). This would make it not as easy to farm at 3am while its dead out there without pkers to protect you and being able to just run away easily when someone does come by and could potentially create big wars like back in the day, in V1. V1 made it so PKers and Skillers worked together and had a system going and others would come throughout the day and fight over it.

3.)   Make a limit how long you can be in there since with such a big team they can just sit there 24 7 making unreal amounts of money/XP gains. That feels as lame as pay to win in Rs3 to me.

4.)   Make Fort or a completely new thing in its place lock down with a cooldown timer after bank transfers or just randomly with an announcement instead of it just being there all the time.

5.)   Turn it into a new farming spot or something temporarily until something new has been thought of to replace it.

6.)  Just delete it. (Still would be better than how it is currently.

7.)  Tell me.

Any ideas on ways to bring back multiple teams to PKing would be cool. 1 giant team is not PKing, sorry. 20 people on 1 guy at a time, all trying to get the kill shot so that they can get back to skilling in the wilderness, can't possibly get the same adrenaline rush and good feeling as winning a real fight where both sides had a chance to win. Or even back when 3 or more teams would collide and 1 team come out winner in the end. I miss shit like that.

Last edited by Nocashkilla (29 Mar 2019 04:52)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

The only reason you say it worked in v1 is cause it was new so people went, the issues were still the same back then team size just means everything

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

flash ftw Send PM

Remove 1IP limit and its fixed.

Last edited by flash ftw (29 Mar 2019 08:47)

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Nyx said:

The only reason you say it worked in v1 is cause it was new so people went, the issues were still the same back then team size just means everything

Yeah, I won't deny all the factors, the 1 ip, the server almost dying at the time, it being new BUT it should be harder to get in and out I think like since theres no risk right now and it's basically free for skillers to use all day. If it's a dead end inside with the escape hallways again, at least it would have some Risk to it again... open space and no walls has 0 risk for them.... walls force you to either fight or make it out through all the obstacles.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

Nocashkilla said:

Nyx said:

Yeah, I won't deny all the factors, the 1 ip, the server almost dying at the time, it being new BUT it should be harder to get in and out I think like since theres no risk right now and it's basically free for skillers to use all day. If it's a dead end inside with the escape hallways again, at least it would have some Risk to it again... open space and no walls has 0 risk for them.... walls force you to either fight or make it out through all the obstacles.

You're forgetting what killed the fort v1 originally, it was the obstacles. It became pointlessly boring to try and fight outnumbered in there because it was so stupidly difficult to move around in there, the result of this was the fort falling to the largest team who could sit there farming it uncontested all day everyday, not too dissimilar to what is happening now? Except from the fact we now have FAR LESS players, that's another reason why fort v1 was so popular... And also at the time we had stupid amounts of PKers who were very active, loads of different teams which were all big, it's very very very very different now far less players and the game is in a more fragile state so I can't see any positives personally about reverting to something we all know

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

N0m doesn't seem to care though about all the items coming into the game he said if you want to hold it you should join a big team, what does this do to create incentive to PK, none at all really, and it doesn't encourage PKing in non-peak times, especially with the current rules of how sets go to chest etc. Pointless for a solo player or small team to go there, and when there finally is a battle there people give up very quickly when they realise they can't capture the chest again, but yeah n0m everything in place right now creates incentive to PK.... ^o)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Fort should be something you'd want to fight for since thats the whole idea behind it, and its in wilderness, there is absolutely nothing in fort for the people who want to PK, sets going to the chest is the most dumb idea in a long time, it only kills the action if anything, probably 19 out of 20 pkers agree that it shouldn't be like that, maybe the team who was 60 fellas in their discord and doesn't care about pking anyways might disagree, and for staff to say get a bigger team is just ridiculous, the teams are way too big as they are now and this shit is nowhere near something called pking

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd remove the damn objects its almost impossible to run away in fort

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Nocashkilla said:

Nyx said:

Adding less escapes makes it easier for skillers, they just log, we need it more open to make catching a factor

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

Beat calm it down a bit lad. ;p

To explain what he said in a calmer state, (god, I feel his frustrations so much)

Basically silly fools like you should never ever speak up.

Should just do what fah qu said LAST MAY

No more than 2 chars same ip can attack the same char - 2 from same ip can, 3+ cannot.

Remove 1ip ENTIRELY. Full wilderness on that rule above

(Jesus christ n0m dont fucking twist this again pay very close attention)

Limit so only 5+meleer can attack target every 1sec

Very important you dont twist that again. You find a way to fuck everything up. Damn you did a good job when u did that one before. Fuckin 40sec delay. GG.

Drop the fucking loot from pking at the fort. The chest is for skillers not pkers.

At CASTLE- if defense exceeds combat level its effectiveness is reduced to its combat level

Take ur fuckin def narbs to fort or use em elsewhere, castle is for fucking pures. You numbnuts friends.

That creates a FAIR WILDY FOR EVERY FUCKING BODY THATS ACTUALLY FUN BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST DEF NOOBS AT CASTLE AND 20MAN SPIRIT SQUAD AT FORT.

Does it fucking make sense yet?

Fix your fucking auto events and Team DM's too.

Damn.. I couldnt make it through the post without doing it either...

I've repeated this atleast literally 30times since last may. They dont listen.

Btw nocash. The problem isnt they "cant be beat" they get ass pounded any time 3 or more people login from any other team. The problem is its stale. It's absolutely the shittiest pking I've ever been a part of. Just literally doesnt make any sense at all.

I could explain what's going on to a 6 year old and theyd give a better answer than the current fort.

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

Luv u beaty babe

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

flash ftw said:

Remove 1IP limit and its fixed.

Ha no.

Player avatar

sosuke Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

What needs to be done at the fort is limiting the area to multi even more and remove trading within that area or around 27 wild all the way to 10 wild.  Cry if you want but this is true.

Last edited by sosuke (2 Apr 2019 03:17)

Player avatar

Kossu Send PM

Fort should def, STAY as it is, funny how its, all these people who has 20+ flats who wanna change that.. If u change it you taking ONE AND ONLY reason what is left in wilderness for skillers/pkers without alts to come in wild. Theres good reason why castle is dead. Ive noticed this before what ever animals/bh asks its been usaly done. But, this time u should think twice b4 doing anything..

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Just remove loot into chest for starters

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Kurupt Send PM

Remove fort

Player avatar

flash ftw Send PM

Kossu said:

Fort should def, STAY as it is, funny how its, all these people who has 20+ flats who wanna change that.. If u change it you taking ONE AND ONLY reason what is left in wilderness for skillers/pkers without alts to come in wild. Theres good reason why castle is dead. Ive noticed this before what ever animals/bh asks its been usaly done. But, this time u should think twice b4 doing anything..

Now you say that because you dont have goat list anymore. Big LOL.

Last edited by flash ftw (2 Apr 2019 13:33)

Player avatar

Night Walker Send PM

What I've seen so far is wildy limited to all people who haven't done a lot of accounts. people sit with their 50-80 accounts at the castle and only ruin the possibility for those who want to start pking by themselves or for the teams that do not use multiple accounts at the same time. It is someone who must be corrected before people get tired and stop playing. Fort 1 IP is a good idea, but it is also destroyed by those who use 5-6 accunts outside the fort camping and trading food, also the same ppl sit outside fort are the one that controlls castle with there alts so where shall the other teams bank sinc there is an timer inside fort??  they just ends up losing. make the 1IP zone larger over the 27,37 and 43 ob. otherwise the opportunity for the small teams or the players who are not so good will disappear. you should also do something abouth your droid app that many people use, they always win tournaments, stakes and have a great advantage when they pking to since it cast magic so fast can eat and catch at came time cuz this hotkeys. Care abouth the server now, before its to late.

Player avatar

plache Send PM

subscriber

I have a question. Why is nocash suggesting fort changes when he hasn't been in the wild for over a year. Like honestly let's reserve the suggestion forum for people who actually play the game. Don't get on your high horse either with look at me Max stats etc etc the point is you used to play "past tense" you don't play anymore.

Leave fort alone, as far as I see it it's been working fine. When people want they can easily ban teams. There's been several wars there as of recently. You wanna turn it into not a huge team cuckold then yes allow fort player kills to be dropped on the floor to resolve the massive gang bang at the chest. If people are butthurt over suiciding at the drags just add a 5 second combat timer at the door, it doesn't need to be anything extravagant.

And since we are on topic of fort changes. Fix the rate of fire rune drops. I shouldn't be able to farm 10k deaths in hours and literally come out with only 1k fires....

Delete the whole fort lol go back to V1 LOL I love you nocash we played a lot together back in the day but good fucking Lord I can't even believe that was an actual suggestion from you.

Player avatar

N E 1 P K Send PM

plache said:

When people want they can easily ban teams.

Why is that good? That's want your 60 man discord wants to do is ban people so you can all skill there all day lol, or when all the teams have to unite to fight you and you lose, you log out

I don't see how that is good for PKing

Player avatar

Tifa Send PM

subscriber

N E 1 P K said:

plache said:

When people want they can easily ban teams.

Why is that good? That's want your 60 man discord wants to do is ban people so you can all skill there all day lol, or when all the teams have to unite to fight you and you lose, you log out

I don't see how that is good for PKing

You just talking out of your ass without any facts? We've been getting banned from fort for the last week, You don't see me complaining. I suggest you get your facts in order before spewing toxic nonsense you don't have any clue about.