Since the server is dying, is it time to fix pking yet?

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Jauroo said:

Neox said:

Me and my team of like 8 skillers are now entering wild more often to learn pking. So new people are pking. I think the fact that you have to work for your own supplies and support yourself is what makes RS unique. Other games have pvp where you just jump in without consumables but in the end it is not always meaningful when you get a valuable kill. If you are struggling to get supplies then take over fort and invite skillers friends to farm it. Ask for a cut of the swordfish or something. And leveling as 11x faster and super afk is already fast as shit.

Works for 1 account, but then again if you want to stand a chance and pk actively you'll need dozens. and leveling 11x faster is nowhere fast as shit (yes its faster than what RSC use to be but people are now in their mid 20s/30s)  For some people it might seem like it is, but try to train a list to pk with, it'll take you months. With 11x it'll take 300-400 hours atleast for flats, and that's just for 1 account, some people don't have 10 hours time to play each day, they'll get 1-2hours every night and wish to pk and enjoy the game as they used to, they'd have to train a year to be able to do that, so they just choose not to. Gladly, i've never had to farm for gear or train accounts myself here.. The pking scene is a dying breed, 4 of the most active teams has quit in the past year or so, those people are the ones who kept pking alive past 12 years in every server, mainly because they're tired of grinding all over again all the time. The rest of the people who use to PK won't even login because they just want to pk meh

You do have a point. If you want to pk solo, it is hard because you will just get teamed or pjed when picking up your loot. I have to build up a team myself to compete with people who won't honor 1v1. In fact, I had to bring a low level alt to attack a sword who brought 2 pf his own flats to kill me, a lvl 90 flats with addy. I only got away because my second naked account attacked his alt. The solution the server proposes is to play in 1v1. However, that area only has trainers and slayers. We should try and pk there more but the truth is that people naturally want to pk in West wild due to edge. I honestly don't know a good fix for this and 1ip or 1v1 all wild isn't the solution either.

And yes maybe you are right. Training 1 or 2 accounts is not so bad  but if you have more it might suck.

Last edited by Neox (27 Mar 2019 07:50)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Servers picked up a lot recently

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Neox said:

Jauroo said:

Neox said:

Me and my team of like 8 skillers are now entering wild more often to learn pking. So new people are pking. I think the fact that you have to work for your own supplies and support yourself is what makes RS unique. Other games have pvp where you just jump in without consumables but in the end it is not always meaningful when you get a valuable kill. If you are struggling to get supplies then take over fort and invite skillers friends to farm it. Ask for a cut of the swordfish or something. And leveling as 11x faster and super afk is already fast as shit.

Works for 1 account, but then again if you want to stand a chance and pk actively you'll need dozens. and leveling 11x faster is nowhere fast as shit (yes its faster than what RSC use to be but people are now in their mid 20s/30s)  For some people it might seem like it is, but try to train a list to pk with, it'll take you months. With 11x it'll take 300-400 hours atleast for flats, and that's just for 1 account, some people don't have 10 hours time to play each day, they'll get 1-2hours every night and wish to pk and enjoy the game as they used to, they'd have to train a year to be able to do that, so they just choose not to. Gladly, i've never had to farm for gear or train accounts myself here.. The pking scene is a dying breed, 4 of the most active teams has quit in the past year or so, those people are the ones who kept pking alive past 12 years in every server, mainly because they're tired of grinding all over again all the time. The rest of the people who use to PK won't even login because they just want to pk meh

You do have a point. If you want to pk solo, it is hard because you will just get teamed or pjed when picking up your loot. I have to build up a team myself to compete with people who won't honor 1v1. In fact, I had to bring a low level alt to attack a sword who brought 2 pf his own flats to kill me, a lvl 90 flats with addy. I only got away because my second naked account attacked his alt. The solution the server proposes is to play in 1v1. However, that area only has trainers and slayers. We should try and pk there more but the truth is that people naturally want to pk in West wild due to edge. I honestly don't know a good fix for this and 1ip or 1v1 all wild isn't the solution either.

And yes maybe you are right. Training 1 or 2 accounts is not so bad  but if you have more it might suck.

If people wanted to PK 1v1 they would be there

Player avatar

furious moss Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

Add a some kind of pking mode where its faster to train accounts, these accounts would not be able to train skills/farm npcs, and the stats would only ''work'' in wildy, everyone would have even play field and wildy would be popping, we could try something like this for a X period of time, and if by some miracle it wouldn't work out just remove the accounts from the game, have the best of both worlds..

I +99999999999 this

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I fun I said:

Why would you make an entire side of wilderness that nobody uses to pk in 1 IP but not the one that everyone uses?

So dumb, if people wanted to 1v1 they would go there and fight...duhhh

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Pepsi said:

I fun I said:

Why would you make an entire side of wilderness that nobody uses to pk in 1 IP but not the one that everyone uses?

1v1 is not 1 ip

1v1 means it can only be 1 person fighting 1 other person.  no one can help

Let me be clear here: One character per every 1 ip is what I'm getting at. Not 2 chars per ip, not 3 chars per ip.. just one. That's all.

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Nyx said:

Oh yeah the wild is flourishing right now. Just saw an afker at castle not too long ago as a matter of fact.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I fun I said:

Nyx said:

Oh yeah the wild is flourishing right now. Just saw an afker at castle not too long ago as a matter of fact.

Stop with the pessimistic attitude. If you want new people to pk just camp lumbridge. Find the new players who are actually new to the server and are killing chickens and crap. Most will just end up being skillers. But if you befriend them and invite them to pk then I am sure they will stay. I am not saying give them free shit because that actually can get people to quit due to no sense of accomplishment. The server is alive and well and full of skillers. If you guys stop the toxic attitude, you can find these players and easily convince them to pk this. I myself am one of those skillers who never pked before and am now building accounts for it.

The server will die if you let it. You have to actually put in the work and generate the pk content you want to see. If you sit back and expect the server to grow, it won't happen. YOU as a player have the chance to make the wild great.

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Neox said:

I fun I said:

Nyx said:

Stop with the pessimistic attitude. If you want new people to pk just camp lumbridge. Find the new players who are actually new to the server and are killing chickens and crap. Most will just end up being skillers. But if you befriend them and invite them to pk then I am sure they will stay. I am not saying give them free shit because that actually can get people to quit due to no sense of accomplishment. The server is alive and well and full of skillers. If you guys stop the toxic attitude, you can find these players and easily convince them to pk this. I myself am one of those skillers who never pked before and am now building accounts for it.

The server will die if you let it. You have to actually put in the work and generate the pk content you want to see. If you sit back and expect the server to grow, it won't happen. YOU as a player have the chance to make the wild great.

WRONG! The admins will have to fix the wild in order for it to be an even playing field for all. That ultimately is what has dettered many newbs who try in the past. Nobody wants to go to castle and Have Ron or Don just multying away on their 1 account they made.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I fun I said:

Neox said:

I fun I said:

WRONG! The admins will have to fix the wild in order for it to be an even playing field for all. That ultimately is what has dettered many newbs who try in the past. Nobody wants to go to castle and Have Ron or Don just multying away on their 1 account they made.

So it has nothing to do with people dropping a flat on a lvl 50-70 legitimately new skiller who's doing stuff in wild then telling that person "banned" while camping their log out? You guys want new pkers yet pk ban them? How about this instead? Ask them how they're doing. Add them. Ask them if they need help. Let them live so that they can come back stronger. Ask them if they want to pk with you. If you must kill them (it is wild after all), then do it on an account that is their level. Match their gear. Give them a fighting chance. If they die, great. Pm them and tell them what they did wrong. If they kill you by some miracle, even better, you just got a skiller to possibly get hooked on pvp.

The account parking and what not can be countered by building your own alliance of new pkers. If you do not want to put in the work then you are lazy or just shit at social skills and do not understand that this is a people game where friendships and alliances will allow you to succeed.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

In addition, as much as I would like a 1ip limit at castle, it has been tried before. Server died even more.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

I fun I said:

Neox said:

I fun I said:

That's just not true of the wilderness now, there's always this large group of noobs I assume your in and the fact like 8 of you keep loosing to 1 guy and then cry about it is pathetic, if you want to win you need to get better now cry the games too hard, if your dumb ass team just casted same target and made a few catches Don / Ron couldn't even login to try and multi you all

And quiet frankly stop making crap accounts 1 defense is shit it looses to every other build you can possibly make

Last edited by Nyx (29 Mar 2019 07:01)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Neox said:

The account parking and what not can be countered by building your own alliance of new pkers. If you do not want to put in the work then you are lazy or just shit at social skills and do not understand that this is a people game where friendships and alliances will allow you to succeed.

I got access to over 100 accounts, come fight me and build up your own list so you can compete with me, that's how many accounts you're going to need also,  otherwise you're just lazy. See you in 8 months. Forreal that shit is stupid as hell, if i was a dick i'd multi the hell out of everyone and use only def accounts against solo pkers who are 1 def so they would have no chance at all but i like pking when there is some challenge to it, i dont log a second account in if i die or im fighting 1v1 unless they get more, but some people dont care about that they'll absolutely destroy every guy stepping in to wildy and if you want to be able to compete with them you'll literally have to train for months 8 hours a day and that shit is best friend as hell it's literally why dozens and dozens of people choose not to login at all, only thing that comes even near to a solution for this is my ''pking mode accounts'' suggestion

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

How about not being able to park accounts in the wild? If you log out in wild you end up in edge or something. I hate coming across one player then running only to see other accounts log in around me.

Edit--didn't have my coffee yet this morning. Many flaws with that idea. But maybe have a timer on after you log in wild. Say if you logged out in wild for more than a half hour you end up in edge. That's long enough that people won't abuse it for a free teleport. And at least would be an annoyance to the people who have 100s of characters logged out in wild geared.

Last edited by Tjd9 (29 Mar 2019 14:30)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Tjd9 said:

How about not being able to park accounts in the wild? If you log out in wild you end up in edge or something. I hate coming across one player then running only to see other accounts log in around me.

Edit--didn't have my coffee yet this morning. Many flaws with that idea. But maybe have a timer on after you log in wild. Say if you logged out in wild for more than a half hour you end up in edge. That's long enough that people won't abuse it for a free teleport. And at least would be an annoyance to the people who have 100s of characters logged out in wild geared.

They would have them still logged in, and just port in when needed, we tried this on the other server along with 1ips/2ips, it wouldn't do any good it would just annoy people, and these days that there are far less pkers than there used to be in RSC or other servers untill a few years back, the character parking is what keeps the action going, being able to have big wars that'll continue for as long as the players want to instead of having 1 fight with 1 guy that lasts for 2 mins and then it's done, the accounts or 1ip aren't the problem the problem is some of the pkers using them like morons and people not having the opportunity to do that themselves, but they're most likely not going to train for months to do so just so they could be able to pk hmm

Last edited by Jauroo (29 Mar 2019 15:28)

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

Jauroo said:

Tjd9 said:

They would have them still logged in, and just port in when needed, we tried this on the other server along with 1ips/2ips, it wouldn't do any good it would just annoy people, and these days that there are far less pkers than there used to be in RSC or other servers untill a few years back, the character parking is what keeps the action going, being able to have big wars that'll continue for as long as the players want to instead of having 1 fight with 1 guy that lasts for 2 mins and then it's done, the accounts or 1ip aren't the problem the problem is some of the pkers using them like morons and people not having the opportunity to do that themselves, but they're most likely not going to train for months to do so just so they could be able to pk hmm

Fair enough. I don't know enough about the pk scene to even comment really. I still think it is fair cause of oblisks and stuff. People can get from edge to anywhere in wild really quickly as it is. People have characters logged in alot of strategic locations so if you happen to get away and you run by one of these spots your fucked unless you have a char there to. Maybe if you log out you goto the nearest oblisk? Then at least people have a chance to get away.

Also instead of 1ip east side make it p2p instead. Or a rotation of some sort. Keep west permanent f2p.

Last edited by Tjd9 (29 Mar 2019 16:08)

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

E N K O said:

Neox said:

In addition, as much as I would like a 1ip limit at castle, it has been tried before. Server died even more.

You've observed much in your two months here.

My other account has been here and off snce 2016, don't assume shit because of a forum account.

Last edited by Neox (29 Mar 2019 17:44)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

E N K O said:

Yes ma'am.

Lololol

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

noobsrus Send PM

subscriber

Funny thing is.. back in July I had staff all talking bout adding a pker sub to make pkers quick.

Pk change. Not gonna happen. Would make the game too fun. No way theyll put that update in. Gonna add some more colors to ur screen cant u see I'm busy with important (irrelevant) shit

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

One particular meme comes to mind. The one with a guy suggesting something good getting thrown out of a tall building.

PK mode would solve everything but no. Pkers who have voiced their opinions and know the solutions like beat jauro nyx dont get listened to.

And another fucking guy who says server is dyien which it is absolutely not has the balls to speak about 1IP.

Last edited by Hungry Game (30 Mar 2019 12:06)

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.