Since the server is dying, is it time to fix pking yet?

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Well guys, as you know, the server has been declining rapidly for sometime. People have casted their votes and asked for a 1 single IP global wilderness where people who are new and people who have played a while have an equal chance at getting the pk. Do we continue to let the server die off or is it now time to fix the wilderness once and for all!

This is the last hurrah RSC!

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

1 ip wild will speed up the death of rsc.

This server has tried it many times and nearly died.

The entire eastern wild is a 1v1 zone.

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Why would you make an entire side of wilderness that nobody uses to pk in 1 IP but not the one that everyone uses?

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Add a some kind of pking mode where its faster to train accounts, these accounts would not be able to train skills/farm npcs, and the stats would only ''work'' in wildy, everyone would have even play field and wildy would be popping, we could try something like this for a X period of time, and if by some miracle it wouldn't work out just remove the accounts from the game, have the best of both worlds..

Last edited by Jauroo (26 Mar 2019 19:28)

Player avatar

Flying Send PM

subscriber

The server isn't dieing. There is always people on.

Can I has statue of myself at dummies?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Jauroo said:

Add a some kind of pking mode where its faster to train accounts, these accounts would not be able to train skills/farm npcs, and the stats would only ''work'' in wildy, everyone would have even play field and wildy would be popping, we could try something like this for a X period of time, and if by some miracle it wouldn't work out just remove the accounts from the game, have the best of both worlds..

^this and or stat modifying panel to change your accounts around. (Only works in wild and can only be changed around after standing out of wild for 5 min. )

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (26 Mar 2019 20:09)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

I've seen this suggestion from you and probably others so many times on this forum, and quite frankly...……….it's the simplest yet most effective fix to this multilogging crap turning off new players. Why has this not been done yet?!

Some might argue it will hurt the server because less subs will be sold....whatever, in that case to create a "pking" character charge an amount of subs that would be equal to the amount used to train a flats or whatever and call it done. 1 sub set would suffice for all builds besides 99 1 99 99 I'd imagine.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

KizL said:

Jauroo said:

^this and or stat modifying panel to change your accounts around. (Only works in wild and can only be changed around after standing out of wild for 5 min. )

~K!zL

Stat panel would be worse than the other idea because if people had only 1 or 2 or 3 accounts, they would still get fked up big time, even though they'd be able to play with the builds but they still wouldn't be able to compete

Player avatar

Mr Herb Send PM

Flyingj said:

The server isn't dieing. There is always people on.

Druid \\ 89 Iron Pure, Legends Access
Iron Druid \\ New Ironman 06/28/2019 creation date
Han Swolo \\ Mostly grass fed awesomeness
Mr Herb \\ Lv3 nub

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Synbios said:

Jauroo said:

I've seen this suggestion from you and probably others so many times on this forum, and quite frankly...……….it's the simplest yet most effective fix to this multilogging crap turning off new players. Why has this not been done yet?!

Some might argue it will hurt the server because less subs will be sold....whatever, in that case to create a "pking" character charge an amount of subs that would be equal to the amount used to train a flats or whatever and call it done. 1 sub set would suffice for all builds besides 99 1 99 99 I'd imagine.

No idea. Anyone who thinks that it'd hurt Pking is delusional. You'd get all the people Pking who don't pk currently, and probably alot of them who has quit to come back also. Same stupid reasons behind why they wont add this in as why they wont allow character sales for INGAME GP at our own risk so people could PK. Rev is hands down the best server there has been yet, when you think about all the content there is, with something along my suggestion, it would be next level, for some reason it's hard for some people to understand that not everyone has time to train thousands of hours just so they can PK, when that's only thing they enjoy about this game these days

Player avatar

I fun I Send PM

Jauro that sounds like a good idea. I wonder if that is something the admins would be willing to consider? Have they given you any feedback on the idea yet?

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I fun I said:

Why would you make an entire side of wilderness that nobody uses to pk in 1 IP but not the one that everyone uses?

1v1 is not 1 ip

1v1 means it can only be 1 person fighting 1 other person.  no one can help

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

Yea well limiting it to 1ip might not cut it for the people who want authentic experience. Plenty of things go wrong with this kind of a server eventually. Not to mention all the weird shit like ranging/maging instantly out of combat.
Interesting topic there:
https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=14095
I started again for low lvl pk because I know high level is fucking stupid here. Then you notice there are no low levels and the shit you pk means nothing to you.

Imagine rscd with all the new content you added here.

Last edited by Jusba (26 Mar 2019 22:23)

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

Jusba said:

Yea well limiting it to 1ip might not cut it for the people who want authentic experience. Plenty of things go wrong with this kind of a server eventually. Not to mention all the weird shit like ranging/maging instantly out of combat.
Interesting topic there:
I started again for low lvl pk because I know high level is fucking stupid here. Then you notice there are no low levels and the shit you pk means nothing to you.

This quoted thread was killed by some admin.

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

E N K O Send PM

E N K O said:

Jusba said:

Interesting topic there:

This quoted thread was killed by some admin.

It was a thread about radically changing the XP curve of rsc. It was authored by former admin and owner Billy. It had quite a bit of support, including some from current admins.  Well.  I guess someone who was very jealous of Billy's legacy must have deleted it.  They should calm down.  He left months ago.

Please don't read the rules.

Helpful Links And Commands

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Jauroo said:

Ah, youre still fighting the fight. I gave up a long time ago.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

I fun I said:

Jauro that sounds like a good idea. I wonder if that is something the admins would be willing to consider? Have they given you any feedback on the idea yet?

They're not doing it, sadly

Hungry Game said:

Jauroo said:

Ah, youre still fighting the fight. I gave up a long time ago.

Yeah, probably gottta give up myself, maybe in a year they'll give it a shot when the last 3 teams has quit or something lol, they should atleast give this a shot, if by some means it wouldn't work out, remove the accounts. Or run it as a season, have it last for 2 months etc, see how it works out. You'd have more active wildy and server than you've ever had.

Last edited by Jauroo (27 Mar 2019 05:25)

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Me and my team of like 8 skillers are now entering wild more often to learn pking. So new people are pking. I think the fact that you have to work for your own supplies and support yourself is what makes RS unique. Other games have pvp where you just jump in without consumables but in the end it is not always meaningful when you get a valuable kill. If you are struggling to get supplies then take over fort and invite skillers friends to farm it. Ask for a cut of the swordfish or something. And leveling as 11x faster and super afk is already fast as shit.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Neox said:

Me and my team of like 8 skillers are now entering wild more often to learn pking. So new people are pking. I think the fact that you have to work for your own supplies and support yourself is what makes RS unique. Other games have pvp where you just jump in without consumables but in the end it is not always meaningful when you get a valuable kill. If you are struggling to get supplies then take over fort and invite skillers friends to farm it. Ask for a cut of the swordfish or something. And leveling as 11x faster and super afk is already fast as shit.

Works for 1 account, but then again if you want to stand a chance and pk actively you'll need dozens. and leveling 11x faster is nowhere fast as shit (yes its faster than what RSC use to be but people are now in their mid 20s/30s)  For some people it might seem like it is, but try to train a list to pk with, it'll take you months. With 11x it'll take 300-400 hours atleast for flats, and that's just for 1 account, some people don't have 10 hours time to play each day, they'll get 1-2hours every night and wish to pk and enjoy the game as they used to, they'd have to train a year to be able to do that, so they just choose not to. Gladly, i've never had to farm for gear or train accounts myself here.. The pking scene is a dying breed, 4 of the most active teams has quit in the past year or so, those people are the ones who kept pking alive past 12 years in every server, mainly because they're tired of grinding all over again all the time. The rest of the people who use to PK won't even login because they just want to pk meh

Last edited by Jauroo (27 Mar 2019 06:55)

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Jauroo said:

Neox said:

Works for 1 account, but then again if you want to stand a chance and pk actively you'll need dozens. and leveling 11x faster is nowhere fast as shit (yes its faster than what RSC use to be but people are now in their mid 20s/30s)  For some people it might seem like it is, but try to train a list to pk with, it'll take you months. With 11x it'll take 300-400 hours atleast for flats, and that's just for 1 account, some people don't have 10 hours time to play each day, they'll get 1-2hours every night and wish to pk and enjoy the game as they used to, they'd have to train a year to be able to do that, so they just choose not to. Gladly, i've never had to farm for gear or train accounts myself here.. The pking scene is a dying breed, 4 of the most active teams has quit in the past year or so, those people are the ones who kept pking alive past 12 years in every server, mainly because they're tired of grinding all over again all the time. The rest of the people who use to PK won't even login because they just want to pk meh

You do have a point. If you want to pk solo, it is hard because you will just get teamed or pjed whem picking up your loot.