Skilling contest?

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Would anyone be interested in a community ran Skilling contest? Im thinking something along the lines of we all create fresh veteran mode Ironman mode characters at the same time and the first to complete a designated challenge (ie. First to 500 total) wins. my only concern would be that no lifers would win but we can do other types of competitions too

Last edited by Neox (21 Feb 2019 00:24)

Big load Send PM

+1 would be fun.

Don't make fun of no lifers. They keep the server active and we have all no lifed this game at one point.

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

^ plus don't forget that if you're enjoying what you're doing there's nothing wrong with doing it. If you are completely and happy content "no lifing" this game, go for it. It's only a problem if your life is in shambles and you use the game as a crutch and lose your life in it, literally.

anyway, we kind of already had this. On the last deadman season there were prizes awarded to the top 3 with the highest skill total along with the main prize of most kills. Pretty cool.

This would be fun though because there (I would imagine, haven't sat down and thought about it) would be a lot of strategy involved in figuring out what would be the fastest set of skills to a given skill total....especially on fresh accounts that can not interact/trade to skill.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

You could set a time limit. Say 2 weeks. Once you hit 500, bring up your skill list and time stamp it by using the ::played function. Would show their total and time it took. Fastest time wins.

Player avatar

Fah King Vet Send PM

Good idea would be fun if you had a buncha you nerds lined up for it. I attempted to do one of these before with little turnout. Lots more skillers here than there was on legacy tho.

Solution: set a time limit per day.

So if u say, set the time limit at 3hrs a day. First to 500.

If someone won day 1 they could have only 3 hr playtime
Day 2 6hr total max on winner
Day 3 9hr max on winner
Day 4 12 hr max on winner
Day 5 15 hr max on winner.
That way winner could win on any day. But evens things for everyone.

The guy who wins could grind out 500 on day 1 and have 15hr playtime. Wait til day 5 and win.

Maybe have everyone time stamp when exactly they get 500 total on a post then that would be able to rule out any ties. (Whoever gets it first wins)

If 2 people had 500total on day 5. The guy who got it day 1 wins. guy who got it day 3 is 2nd.

So therefore.. the nonlife could still win if he nolifes AND strategically plays for the quickest total time.

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

Fortune said:

You could set a time limit. Say 2 weeks. Once you hit 500, bring up your skill list and time stamp it by using the ::played function. Would show their total and time it took. Fastest time wins.

I love this idea.

I also understand that this was created during Deadman mode. But I feel like this can be a unique thing focusing on Skilling only and no pvp. The strategy of 1x XP  and not needing subs is also great.

I guess now since there is enough interest I will work on fundraising some prizes, creating some rules, and working out some kinks.

Last edited by Neox (22 Feb 2019 01:18)

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

E N K O said:

Neox said:

Fortune said:

I love this idea.

I also understand that this was created during Deadman mode. But I feel like this can be a unique thing focusing on Skilling only and no pvp. The strategy of 1x XP  and not needing subs is also great.

I guess now since there is enough interest I will work on fundraising some prizes, creating some rules, and working out some kinks.

What kind of kinks?

Like figuring out specifics on times , levels, etc.