Feedback and suggestions for slayer

Player avatar

Lemuria Send PM

subscriber

Thank you for releasing slayer, i have been having a lot of fun playing the skill however there has been an increasing amount of concerns. i know its still in the works but some of these issues require attention so i decided to compile a list here instead of waiting for everything to be fully released sorry for the wall of text.

First off, the prices on slayer items.
Judging by how low level slayer went i can see it was also intended as something a new player could level, that is until they hit level 20 slayer, from there you suddenly need a lot of gp to be able to combat the new monsters, no offence but the prices are ridiculous, there is something to say for the permanent items but all the consumables are way overpriced,and ironically most mobs they are used on have extremely low returns, if any at all which in turn leads people to actually lose money if they dont block the tasks... from this point of view i recommend lowering the cost of all the consumeables by a LOT, everything would do fine with about 10-25gp an item besides the silver bolts, those probably need have a balanced price compared to the arrows they compare with, altough if they are too strong i recommend nerfing the bolts so the price can be lowered also.

Second, the xp rates
The xp rates on slayer are really slow, which i think is not really bad or anything, however i do think its pretty bad that there is no real increase in xp, besides abusing a what i think was an oversight i will get into later.
anyway if possible i think we should find a way to make slayer xp curve slightly more generous the higher level you get.
As a possible solution i offer this: grant players a small amount of slayer experience on completion of a task and increase this amount when you use the better slayer masters

Next up, slayer points
Im sure you guys have more things in mind for the future with slayer points, however the current system thats in place is heavily flawed.
lets go over them in order.
Skipping tasks: this one is fine at the lower levels, however the jump in cost going from Valyrie to Yotto is so big it becomes too expensive to skip at that point, especially since you can easily skip+block for just a few points more
Skip&block:the biggest issue currently in slayer lies here, there is no limit to the amount of tasks you can block so you can literally block all tasks besides whatever you like most, which in turn completely destroys the concept of why slayer exists... this is something that should be worked on ASAP, have a maximum number of of tasks blocked, possibly a different list per slayer master
extending tasks: i think theres 2 ways too look at this, first off its either way too expensive for what it does, since it only extends the task once. if intention is a 1 time extend i recommend lowering the cost for it to about skip prices
the alternative is that the price is right, but the effect needs tweaking,  have an extend list similarly to the block list and have like up to 5 tasks you can pay to extend per slayer master, i suggest to go with 2 , because everyone i talked with seems to want extended tasks to last.

Another thing. Drop list
Im sure you heard this a bunch, but the drop list during slayer are extremely disappointing, killing men with a fresh alt is more profitable then slayer.... which for a lot of people is a huge turn off, you could fix this is a number of ways ill add a few suggestions for drops later and could name a ton more however when fixing the drop tables take these few things into concern: what do people currently farm and its prices, what do people dont even bother picking up, what makes the player feel rewarded, really, not everything has to equal dragons or black demons but unless you nerf the OP drop tables on those you really need to buff things, a lot, since we are talking about drop ill get to the next thing.

Unique rewards:
first of the rates, all the uniques are what i think way too common, its not rare to get 2 uniques on already small tasks which in turn leads to flooding the eco, and reducing the value so fast that its gonna be alch material soon
anyway then the rewards itself, first off the staves, why are they dropped by everything and why are they so bad? then... even after people considered them bad they got nerfed a ton by adding a huge money and time sink(slayer points) into them, my question is just why? there are many ways you could go with the staves but as how they are now i dont see any use for them at all, i do have a few suggestions as possible buffs for them:
first off get rid of the updated uncharged versions and make them breakable after xx amount of uses, this will help combat how easy they come into the game.
second, make them slightly more appealing or change how they work, if you make them way more rare id suggest this: add the strike staff to drop tables instead of store bought and let them provide the combat rune in question (keeping in mind they break permanently).

second the gauntlets
first i want to bring up while discussing the gauntlets is the order of golems mud-mith-rock-addy is the current order, i really think we should switch mith and rock golems, not only because of the gauntlet order but also the "hardness"of the golem, second rock golems are lvl 80 and provide better slay exp then addy golems which are lvl 75, its not a big deal but it feels weird and should be quite the easy fix. next up the stats, we already had to cry to get them to be buffed just to make them sliiiightly better then klanks but i feel like they need a better buff, mostly in weapon power, people give up plate armor and wear gauntlets for combat stats, making the gauntlets focus on armor contradicts the entire purpose of wearing gauntlets in the first place, i really hope you can consider this and buff them more.

next thing, more unique drops for various purposed, not everything has to be combat orientated. here are some suggestions for the existing mobs:
werewolfs: Silver greatsword(2h), silver battleaxe, go think of a fancy name, thing is , a 1 handed and/or a 2handed silver weapon that has melee stats thats rivals rune and can obviously used against werewolfs.
Slimes: some improvement for the torch, as some of you noticed the torch gives 1 aim and 1 power in the shield slot which already makes it a cool item, id suggest making more slime type monsters and giving them a progressive upgrade , example: swamp slimes drop an item that make the torch lit forever, which make future slime killing more bareable then 2 new slimes, divine, demonic slime which each drop a respective torch where divine focuses on prayer bonus while demonic focuses on wep aim and power.
not sure what it should drop, maybe it should come in parts? but slayer gloves/boots/rings whatever that allows teleports to some more out of the way slayer locations
would be a neat little add on.
also with new slayer mobs make sure they have something going for them, either something that sets their drop table apart or some kind of unique

last thing:the tasks itself
its really simple really but i suggest have more tasks like "giants" which count for all types of giants rather then 1 single type, same would go for "golems,spiders,warriors,wolves(add werewolfs as option to those) etc etc, also have a bigger variety of tasks while removing tasks where there's too little monsters off, or add more of those monsters to the game as you have been doing.

well, this is big enough a wall of text for now, its not intended to be a rant of any kind im really enjoying slayer so far im just hoping some of the above things will make slayer a more pleasurable and rewarding experience for the people playing it.

UIM <3

Player avatar

demon12 Send PM

subscriber

XP Rates are bullshit i should not be getting 22xp per kill as a flats character also 40k for a torch and 500gp for each salve not a 1gp tinderbox, salve lights it at 500gp per 60-120 seconds~ and the enemy drops bunch of npc fodder crap ..
even xp from black knight in wild for slayer is 42.. skull status does not even increase xp rate like some people might think

as if cooked swordfish havent hit over 500gp each on market so why tf is it so much for slayer supplies for such low xp

Last edited by demon12 (28 Jan 2019 19:25)

Player avatar

iMakeDabs Send PM

EXP rate is easy to solve, a little testing with the players input and you'll easily figure out what works. Should generally feel like you're playing RSC and getting the same EXP rates, not 1/4th or worse the rates. The drop rates should be based off other skills and how much you can generally make per hour at max level. EXAMPLE : If you can make 1m per hour @ 99 thieving, 750k per hour with 99 woodcutting and 800k per hour with 99 fishing, 99 slayer should generally give you the same amounts. Anything over and the economy is going to fuck up long term, too much cash in game. Too low and nobody is gonna do it besides Role Players. Do some testing, figure out general guidelines for farming cash based off other skills and use that as your base. I've created and worked on 4 games, all either equal complexities or greater. I believe this is your best bet.

Player avatar

flying j Send PM

I've been slaying a lot since it came out. I like it.
I wouldn't change much.
There is a huge gap between 60 slayer and 85 slayer for new monsters/drops though...
Also that dustmask is always in the rare items category in the AH which is an error.
The prices on the non-renewable slayer items like the dynamite are quite high as well.
Also i was killing those slime things and got a snake weed herb.... that's from jungle potion quest... don't know why it dropped one..

Last edited by flying j (28 Jan 2019 20:23)

Player avatar

meatlover Send PM

I really enjoy slayer there are couple things however that i'd like to change.

* I also agree that consumeables are way too pricy.
* Teleportation item to known slayer locations would be neat
* i'd love to see new npc's added to bestiary to see their droptables etc
i personally think people would be more interested in slaying certain type of monsters if they knew their droptables.
I wouldnt change xp rate much, slayer is supposed to be hell of a grind.

Oh one more thing.
I think wilderness task conversation's should be visible only to the player getting the task. It's really not worth the extra xp when people can sit near slayer master and see exactly what task you will get and then camp the place in wilderness giving you no time to slay at all.

Last edited by meatlover (28 Jan 2019 21:52)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

The drop tables for Slayer Specific NPC's were boosted yesterday, and again today.  I will not be boosting them any further, as they will be way too OP.

Slayer items ( silver bolts, troll bait, dynamite ), I will be talking with n0m tomorrow about changing the prices.

There is a slayer guide which tells what rare drops have been added.  As far as the bestiary, we haven't even had time to think of that yet, but will get to is asap.

Swamp Slime dropping snake weed was fixed days ago, was a mis-type on my part.

XP rates won't be changed any further.

Player avatar

P8er Send PM

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to start level 60 slayer Yotto or Wildy Slayer at level 100 combat?

Player avatar

meatlover Send PM

P8er said:

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to start level 60 slayer Yotto or Wildy Slayer at level 100 combat?

It surely would be, but i kind of like the fact that you have to work your way to "easier" and more afkable tasks smile

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Thank you for your feedback, we'll be making some changes!