Clue farming

Player avatar

rappsyyy Send PM

It would be nice if we can hold multiple clues. Please allow this.

Player avatar

tadas Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I would be cool with 1 of each kind not multiple of the same kind.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

scornedmagi said:

Makes sense. But I'd also like to hear from Billy why stacking clues was prevented in the first place

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Ckmoon said:

scornedmagi said:

Makes sense. But I'd also like to hear from Billy why stacking clues was prevented in the first place

I think he stated when i asked a long time ago is that as soon as the clue drops it is "enabled" or active in the database.  Only way i could see to resolve that is to set it a clue "cracker" or container like the christmas cracker where you can have multiple and open one at a time, but the clue doesnt "activate" until you open it, there by allowing you to collect a few, then do them one at a time.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

I could be wrong, but I believe you can obtain 1 of each clue simultaneously (easy, medium, hard). If not huge +1 to that. As far as obtaining multiple clues of the same "level", -1. Part of what keeps trimmed armour rare is the fact you can't hoard mass clues and complete back-to-back.

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

w4rmachine said:

. Part of what keeps trimmed armour rare is the fact you can't hoard mass clues and complete back-to-back.

As the one who has done the most clues...Not really.

Having multiple doesn't change how fast or slow you can do them, easy take me 2-3 minutes on average.  Most other people take longer but say 5 minutes average for easy.

Start farming thugs and it takes you 10 minutes for first clue to drop, go do it in 5, come back continue 10 minutes for next, do it in 5 minutes.

Doing two clues you spent 30 minutes total...or

Farm for 20 minutes, get the same two clues you got, then spend the next 10 minutes completing both...still 30 minutes of effort

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

ReconOne said:

w4rmachine said:

. Part of what keeps trimmed armour rare is the fact you can't hoard mass clues and complete back-to-back.

Having multiple doesn't change how fast or slow you can do them, easy take me 2-3 minutes on average.  Most other people take longer but say 5 minutes average for easy.

Start farming thugs and it takes you 10 minutes for first clue to drop, go do it in 5, come back continue 10 minutes for next, do it in 5 minutes.

Farm for 20 minutes, get the same two clues you got, then spend the next 10 minutes completing both...still 30 minutes of effort

Having to repeatably return to your clue spot takes time and effort. If I walk to thugs, get a clue, go do it, get a worthless prize, walk back to thugs, do it again, get another worthless prize, walk back, do it again, another worthless prize, I'm probably going to say fuck it and give up. If I can just sit there for an hour and get 6 clues and do them back to back it'd make it a whole lot easier on me. Which would be great for me, but bad for trimmed armour as a whole. We have less than 200 players. Only can be so many trimmed sets before they're just another item.

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

w4rmachine said:

ReconOne said:

w4rmachine said:

Having to repeatably return to your clue spot takes time and effort. If I walk to thugs, get a clue, go do it, get a worthless prize, walk back to thugs, do it again, get another worthless prize, walk back, do it again, another worthless prize, I'm probably going to say fuck it and give up. If I can just sit there for an hour and get 6 clues and do them back to back it'd make it a whole lot easier on me. Which would be great for me, but bad for trimmed armour as a whole. We have less than 200 players. Only can be so many trimmed sets before they're just another item.

Bad example....since from completion to getting back to farming is a total of ~30 seconds (or to men) for easys.  Port lumby, skipper, run to lvl 5 wild or into room with men.

Medium clues, you have any of the numerous guard locations, port varrock/fally, run the 30 some squares north/east/west and back at it in less than 30 seconds.

Time it takes to get back to farming is less than a minute at most, unless you are doing hards, which "fastest" place is fire giants in legends, which if i recall takes about 1.5 mins to get back to, 2 if you have to re-gear using quick gear in the bank there.

Only way it would take extra time is having to bank to switch equipment out, which if you are doing clues (easy at least) you should have all the normal items in your inventory already as you dont need food or have to go into wild and have it saved as a quick equip slot

For example: only items i ever have to get now are the new scavenger ones which are all easy enough.
qeQgHb.jpg

Long story short, getting back to clue farming spot takes ~30 seconds (just timed it by starting a timer, porting to lumby and running to the men in edgeville.  Was right about 33 seconds.

Clue Help:

Player avatar

IronLungJr2nd Send PM

subscriber

How about a chance to get another clue as a reward mixed with the junk lol

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

IronLungJr2nd said:

How about a chance to get another clue as a reward mixed with the junk lol

This would be cool

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

I think what he meant is the possibility to hold many "not active" clues, so you can farm an inventory of them, then go clue'ing... It would indeed save time instead of having them 1 by 1, by reducing the walk time (which is pretty boring tbh, and the main reason I don't clue myself). Make it so you can hold many of them, but only click 1 to make it active so your many clues don't get mixed up.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.