Deadman Mode Tournament: Season 2

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Died lost alot of stuff but rando supply drops keepin me in the game, so far its high risk to do anything, fish, train, etc. wish it was longer than 2 wks imo lol we will see who is left standing in the end i guess.

Player avatar

Jonkowsmoker Send PM

fun idea, but its just too bad that it has so many gameraping bugs and glitches.
And ofc a toxic community tongue

Player avatar

blahhblahh Send PM

sad to dual players kill this fun too lol

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdaluo610e4.gif[/img]
[img]http://www.auplod.com/u/pdluaoacab1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Scragymate Send PM

subscriber

Love it! Great being able to PK out of town with the levels varying.
Especially the level cap of 80, choose your stats wisely.
The most fun I have had playing in a good 10 years

I have had 2 r2h drops on npcs over level 20. Nothing great at chickens.
I can understand loosing your only weapon, but there are addy baxes in shop wink

Longer than 2 weeks would be great, if you choose to skill.
Day 4 starting collecting cow hides to get crafting for str ammys smile

We will have a whole bunch of data in the highscores list to evaluate how well the xp is set for skilling smile
Happy DMM everyone!

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

While playing deadman i've thought about some future improvements for the next season:

Adding another area of multi combat zone. Right now it's just barb village which is okay because it's central to the map, but it doesn't promote a lot of heavy traffic however. I've walked past Rimmington rune rocks and i've never seen a soul there

Add supply drops to have a higher % chance to drop from higher level monsters

Thoughts?

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

Scragymate said:

Love it! Great being able to PK out of town with the levels varying.
Especially the level cap of 80, choose your stats wisely.
The most fun I have had playing in a good 10 years

I have had 2 r2h drops on npcs over level 20. Nothing great at chickens.
I can understand loosing your only weapon, but there are addy baxes in shop wink

Longer than 2 weeks would be great, if you choose to skill.
Day 4 starting collecting cow hides to get crafting for str ammys smile

We will have a whole bunch of data in the highscores list to evaluate how well the xp is set for skilling smile
Happy DMM everyone!

I agree with everything in this post

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Ckmoon said:

While playing deadman i've thought about some future improvements for the next season:

Adding another area of multi combat zone. Right now it's just barb village which is okay because it's central to the map, but it doesn't promote a lot of heavy traffic however. I've walked past Rimmington rune rocks and i've never seen a soul there

Add supply drops to have a higher % chance to drop from higher level monsters

Thoughts?

Higher level monsters do drop more often.

Player avatar

Gangland Joe Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Found a pretty big bug. Not sure if its a bug but ill let you know

Northeastern bar (the vampire slayer quest one) is a safezone even when skulled. No deadman guards there and cant use bank but makes no sense still.

Player avatar

Gangland Joe Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Good luck everyone. Gangland Joe is out. Finito.

Some ideas. Over 45 hours spent in game fighting NPCs with 0 r2h drops. Add another account with a few hours no R2h. Most of the time clicktraining. Even after maxing out at level 80 I kept going for 2 days but nothing. Had to sell everything I got from supply drops to eventually get a r2h and got killed in front of the bank. I didnt understand how the deadman guards work. Apparently they dont attack skulled trespassers and protect a certain area but instead they attack players who go to the safe zone. My own fault, not blaming anyone. Considering I died near western Varrock bank I had no idea. Ive seen alot of people quit for the same reason. Now a common answer is "would it be better if everyone had a R2h" (lol) or "supply drops are just something to give you a boost not rely on"... Ahem, not really. Theres no other way to optain a R2H that get lucky on a drop. Unless you got rune full armor on R baxe/rune long is just super crappy weapons when faced with R2h. Near impossible to get any GP going f2p. You can try smithing/mining but if youre already high level youre going to get PKed for sure. Some tried but the top smithing level has only dropped as days go by. Go figure. A lot of people have quit for the same reason. Quite a few maxed people who still dont have a R2h. I did have 100% of free time in my hands during 14-18 of august to play this mode and it was fun but Im left a bit frustrated it comes down to drop rate luck and I feel bad for wasting this many hours just to give up.

Conclusion for my DMM experience/future suggestions.

If you could fix the R2h drop rate for the next season this mode has a huge potential and is a way more addictive than any other version of RS Ive played. Was def fun.

F2P only DMM - much better than P2P.

Combat cap 80 and xp rate - good for 2-3-4 weeks.

Supply drops - are okay, but dont make R2H extremely rare. 45 hours grinding without getting one is insane. Id say make R2h 10 times more common (YES, 10 times since 45hours no R2H is insane) and not a super rare item. Seriously, check my online time and monsters killed. Other items dont have to be this common and could have the same rates. This way you can actually PK at any level.

No trading, just 4 items AH - I like it. Its a good idea. But this again means R2H isnt a super rare item. Cant stress it enough.

Dungeons level 3-80... Doesnt make any sense to me. I thought before the mode was released people were saying but oh you dont have to get all 99s and stuff. This is just good for high levels who have a r2h and bad for everyone who is even a bit late (keep in mind less than a day after the start the highest level was already 77...) or who dont have time to play alot.

More multi areas, barbarian village doesnt have any attractive NPCS around them.

Make some attractive NPC place with better supply drops to get people out of safe zones. A lot of players are either training near banks or lumbridge. Or they have a spy+teleport ready to get away easily. Boring.

Safe fishing spot. Currently its +15/- levels so you might see someone log under the fishing spot with a previously parked spy. Since you cant log out while running or teleport youre probably going to die if the agressor is of similar level.

Could be good if you could safe deposit box GP. Make it more interesting so you cant deposit more than 80% of your GP and lose the GP you have in your bank on death.

Make deadman guard protect certain map area instead of making the map "safe/not safe" zone. Would make more sense.

Mining mode with ores going straight to bank! This way there would be a point to try to mine/smith and it would make it more fun. As of right now people found out for themselves its not worth it.

Right now the situation in DMM looks like South Parks World of Warcraft episode lol.

Player avatar

18r0undjax Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Nice post.  I quit too.  Here are my comments:

1) Make supply drops non-existent.  Some people have unfair advantage of getting good drops, while others don't.  Either make it even across the board or, in my opinion, TAKE THEM OUT COMPLETELY.  This makes it so you have to rely on yourself, have to smith, have to mine, have to fish, etc.  Would get more people active in getting gear than just training all the time in safe zones and waiting for drops.  I literally stopped mining/smithing when I realized it was more profitable to get drops, sell or ah them, and buy the gear I needed.

2) Make multi pk everywhere

3) Make guards not as powerful.  They literally 2 hit you and you're fucked.  Make them attack you like old days with guards, where they wouldn't let you attack player and they would stall you.  Don't have them insta-kill you, it's ridiculous.

4) Maybe no safe zones at all?  Old days you could pk in the bank, and guards would semi-stop you, but if you killed guards you could still attack in the bank.  I hate being able to sit there and be completely safe.  There was a magic to old school rsc where you could literally die anywhere at anytime, that gave to that adrenaline rush.

5) Increase drop rate for mining, like you did for fishing (batches of 3).  Allow mining/smithing to be faster to get better gear.  Not immediate r2h, but faster where mith and addy are possible.

6) Allow trading between players.  No trading is stupid.

7) Death to guards should drop loot for all deadmen to pick up.  I literally ran from another player, and attacked a guard or an npc, so I could die and keep my 3 items.  unalived by npc shouldn't allow you to keep your shit.

8) Get rid of stat reduction on death.  That's just stupid.

9) Don't be able to loot someone's bank.  When you kill them you take what's on them.  This allows you to actually accumulate something and not fish for hours and lose it because some dickhead level 80 killed you.

10) Make it less re-invented pk, and more like the old pk/non-pk system.  Basically the wildy but in the main world.  Less ridiculous rules upon death, and just make it like wildy rules but everywhere in the game.

Last edited by 18r0undjax (18 Aug 2018 02:22)

Player avatar

Fingle Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Such a great time to play RSCR! Thank you!

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Make it so you can walk through npcs. Annoying as fk trying to catch someone when every damn npc blocks u

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

Make it so you can walk through npcs. Annoying as fk trying to catch someone when every damn npc blocks u

lol

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

final hour 11 Send PM

DMM2_Participant

18r0undjax said:

Nice post.  I quit too.  Here are my comments:

1) Make supply drops non-existent.  Some people have unfair advantage of getting good drops, while others don't.  Either make it even across the board or, in my opinion, TAKE THEM OUT COMPLETELY.  This makes it so you have to rely on yourself, have to smith, have to mine, have to fish, etc.  Would get more people active in getting gear than just training all the time in safe zones and waiting for drops.  I literally stopped mining/smithing when I realized it was more profitable to get drops, sell or ah them, and buy the gear I needed.

2) Make multi pk everywhere

3) Make guards not as powerful.  They literally 2 hit you and you're fucked.  Make them attack you like old days with guards, where they wouldn't let you attack player and they would stall you.  Don't have them insta-kill you, it's ridiculous.

4) Maybe no safe zones at all?  Old days you could pk in the bank, and guards would semi-stop you, but if you killed guards you could still attack in the bank.  I hate being able to sit there and be completely safe.  There was a magic to old school rsc where you could literally die anywhere at anytime, that gave to that adrenaline rush.

5) Increase drop rate for mining, like you did for fishing (batches of 3).  Allow mining/smithing to be faster to get better gear.  Not immediate r2h, but faster where mith and addy are possible.

6) Allow trading between players.  No trading is stupid.

7) Death to guards should drop loot for all deadmen to pick up.  I literally ran from another player, and attacked a guard or an npc, so I could die and keep my 3 items.  unalived by npc shouldn't allow you to keep your shit.

9) Don't be able to loot someone's bank.  When you kill them you take what's on them.  This allows you to actually accumulate something and not fish for hours and lose it because some dickhead level 80 killed you.

10) Make it less re-invented pk, and more like the old pk/non-pk system.  Basically the wildy but in the main world.  Less ridiculous rules upon death, and just make it like wildy rules but everywhere in the game.

agree with 6 8. looking forward to improvements, server looks already more active and healthy since dmm came out, def more fun and refreshing

Last edited by final hour 11 (18 Aug 2018 18:45)

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

-maybe modify it?  upon death your stats are reduced by "X" for "Y" long?
-or maybe the killer gets a buff and the loser is not affected? * could be abused*
_ maybe work on some system that would offer diminishing returns considering your kill/death ratio in regards to the two combatants and maybe even a server wide ratio?  aka the top ranked killer gets less of a return than the rest?

i have not tried DM  so i do not know if there is some thing i may not be thinking of but i personally would not like to lose stats when some high level just monkey stomps you.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Gangland Joe Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Getting killed and getting your stats back is the easy part. Maybe protect 2 combat stats for it to be a less of a struggle but right now thats the easiest part. When will there be a season 2 DMM?

Player avatar

18r0undjax Send PM

DMM2_Participant

The original RSC worked and was popular because of its simplicity.  Deadman mode has too much going on.  Make it simple:

1) If you attack a player near a safe zone you get attacked by a guard, but guards won't attack you if you already have a skull.
2) If you die you lose all your shit on you, regardless of who kills you (npc, player, etc.)
3) Trading between players in safe zones is allowed
4) Multi-combat is allowed in all areas
5) Either make drops reasonable for all players or take them out completely
6) Raise smithing and mining exp so there is a point to doing it, and/or increase batch loads like what was done with fishing
7) Do not allow the looting of another players bank, only what they had on them at the time of death

All problems solved.  The reason everyone quit is because some players unfairly got better gear than others, guards were instakilling people, and players would lose 80% of their entire bank to another player.  Original RSC had freedom, and I feel nothing but constriction here on deadman mode.  Do I really have to wait 15 minutes after a kill to visit the bank?!

Last edited by 18r0undjax (18 Aug 2018 22:28)

Player avatar

Gangland Joe Send PM

DMM2_Participant

1) Easier to just make guards attack skulled players in front of the bank (programming side of it)
2) Agreed
3) 50/50
4) Nah, youre a day late and you have no chance to level anywhere.
5) Most important point. This is what ruined the near perfect DM mode.
6) Agreed... or make ores go straight to bank so you can be geared and ready to fight! Could be fun. Super fun.
7) just % of stackables and ores maybe, no more than 40%. Want to keep people playing not quitting.

Yup this mode comes down to luck. You get a full rune and not get killed you keep getting more and more and youre set. I have not seen a single player who said the droprates are okay or they were either a low level that got lucky. No one was selling a r2h first day too and if they were no one had the GP. Too late to change it now but next time you have to make r2h not a super uncommon drop. Its better for everyone to have a r2h than everyone quitting before getting one.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Kleio said:

The prizes and categories are as follows:

Awarded to all DMM S2 Participants:
-Deadman Participant forum pip

PKer Prizes Awarded to Top Kills (ties broken by k/d ratio)
-1st place: $100 usd, 5 gold subs, 5 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with 2h.
-2nd place: $50 usd, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs
-3rd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 plat sub

Skiller Prizes Awarded to highest Total Level (ties broken by total XP)
-1st place: $50 USD, 2 gold subs, 2 platinum subs. Deadman Champion forum pip with pickaxe
-2nd place: $25 usd, 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub
-3rd place: 1 gold sub, 1 platinum sub

Honorable mentions: People who didn't die on the last day, highest accumulation of specific items, etc.
Note: All eligible champions will have their accounts vetted, people who used rulebreaking advantages will be disqualified.

Prizes are posted.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

kenshin666 Send PM

Dmm da best get gud kids