Not worth it's be tons already

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

After spending over 500k I got my first clue (hard) done. What a waste of time. Please make the rewards better. After killing a Sara and zamy I feel the reward should be better than a few sharks (have tons already) and logs (have tons already) with 3 weapon poisons... I will be tossing future clues until something changes.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

^^ this i want to know..unless its getting the hardened legs/top for a few of them...sure, but can resell that...

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Spent 20k on ammy of accuracy, 200k on d axe, 100k on d sword, food, pots, runes etc. Its not cheap.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

+1

Every hard clue should reward full hardened rune, at least 2 dmeds and a 1000k cash stack.

Player avatar

Ckmoon Send PM

subscriber

Lol

[img]http://i63.tinypic.com/ma9o4w.gif[/img]

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

scornedmagi said:

Spent 20k on ammy of accuracy, 200k on d axe, 100k on d sword, food, pots, runes etc. Its not cheap.

Hard clues are...Hard.  You shouldn't be doing them unless you have pretty much every regular item in game already and quests done.  They require every single quest to be completed (or at least a chance of it, (could luck out and get a few in a row all as dig clues) as some clues require Legends access, shilo, underground, killing kbd, killing (well clearing to dig) reaper etc etc.

I'm assuming if you didnt have a dragon long or dragon axe already, you are most likely not a flat? as getting to 99-99-99-99 without having those by that time...I mean money is not hard at all to make on this server, mine iron/coal/kill green drags/fire giants etc for an hour or two and you would cover that if not more.

Rule of thumb for clues from the guy who has done well over 4000+ clues(lower estimate):

Easy = no requirements quest wise, may need some cooking/smithing levels to make a cake or something due to the new scavenger clues, but can always trade from a main.
Medium = require most quests and ability to kill a 80s sara/zammy mage (ie dont try to do it on a pure)
Hard = requires everything, quests and just about every item (hardened plate legs, top, sara god cape, axe of zamarak (evil dan questline)). Ability to kill a 240s sara/zammy mage that cast godspells/poisons. (ie dont do it on someone who doesnt have all quests done or access to legends or is a low level..thats just asking to waste your own time, stick with med/easy).

You can see an idea of the items you need for the cryptic clues at least here https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12726 as well as a few of the keys.  To start, i would make sure you have at the least, every one of those items for the level range you are doing.  Due to the new scavenger ones, there obviously are newer items needed, but they are going to be along the same lines, Easy requires easier to get items, bucket, iron bar, cup of tea and so forth.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

ReconOne said:

scornedmagi said:

Hard clues are...Hard.  You shouldn't be doing them unless you have pretty much every regular item in game already and quests done.  They require every single quest to be completed (or at least a chance of it, (could luck out and get a few in a row all as dig clues) as some clues require Legends access, shilo, underground, killing kbd, killing (well clearing to dig) reaper etc etc.

I'm assuming if you didnt have a dragon long or dragon axe already, you are most likely not a flat? as getting to 99-99-99-99 without having those by that time...I mean money is not hard at all to make on this server, mine iron/coal/kill green drags/fire giants etc for an hour or two and you would cover that if not more.

Rule of thumb for clues from the guy who has done well over 4000+ clues(lower estimate):

Easy = no requirements quest wise, may need some cooking/smithing levels to make a cake or something due to the new scavenger clues, but can always trade from a main.
Medium = require most quests and ability to kill a 80s sara/zammy mage (ie dont try to do it on a pure)
Hard = requires everything, quests and just about every item (hardened plate legs, top, sara god cape, axe of zamarak (evil dan questline)). Ability to kill a 240s sara/zammy mage that cast godspells/poisons. (ie dont do it on someone who doesnt have all quests done or access to legends or is a low level..thats just asking to waste your own time, stick with med/easy).

You can see an idea of the items you need for the cryptic clues at least here https://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=12726 as well as a few of the keys.  To start, i would make sure you have at the least, every one of those items for the level range you are doing.  Due to the new scavenger ones, there obviously are newer items needed, but they are going to be along the same lines, Easy requires easier to get items, bucket, iron bar, cup of tea and so forth.

I never expected the clues to be easy at all. I am not happy with the rewards. I have quests done but before TT came put and have been working on noncombat as I am a flat. So I got rid of most combat related items. My fault. But to get items I could have gotten in 5 mins of Skilling after doing all the hard stuff seems to be a waste of time. I never expected cash stacks and d meds but a few logs and fish? I could obtain those in mins with my 99 skills.  Just want to see some sort of adjustment.

Ps ammy if accuracy was useless before TT. Wish we could reobtain.

Last edited by scornedmagi (16 Jul 2018 16:29)

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

You did one hard clue and you're complaining about the rewards?

Sounds like you'd be better off just not even bothering. I wouldn't expect to get anything worthwhile for your first 50-100 clues at least.

Player avatar

w4rmachine Send PM

dippymister said:

Sounds like you'd be better off just not even bothering. I wouldn't expect to get anything worthwhile for your first 50-100 clues at least.

Not that many, you usually get a trimmed item every 5 or so clues in my experience. Clues aren't meant to be this insane money making process. It's something else to do for fun/rewards apart from skilling that requires little to no risk to complete. What kind of Flat doesn't have equipment. If big ticket items are too common they'll be worthless.

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

w4rmachine said:

dippymister said:

Not that many, you usually get a trimmed item every 5 or so clues in my experience. Clues aren't meant to be this insane money making process. It's something else to do for fun/rewards apart from skilling that requires little to no risk to complete. What kind of Flat doesn't have equipment. If big ticket items are too common they'll be worthless.

Again, I wasn't complaining about not getting trimmed or god rmr. I'm complaining that it wasn't fun to do it all then get a handful of logs and fish that I could have gotten in 5 mins. If I had gotten some herbs, seconds, addy or rune ores and other things that are a pain to get I would be happy. But logs and fish are some of the most common and easy Skilling items to get. Just wish it was worth the time at all. Maybe add items that are harder or more time consuming to get as rewards is all I am saying. Thank you all for the current input.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

scornedmagi said:

Again, I wasn't complaining about not getting trimmed or god rmr. I'm complaining that it wasn't fun to do it all then get a handful of logs and fish that I could have gotten in 5 mins. If I had gotten some herbs, seconds, addy or rune ores and other things that are a pain to get I would be happy. But logs and fish are some of the most common and easy Skilling items to get. Just wish it was worth the time at all. Maybe add items that are harder or more time consuming to get as rewards is all I am saying. Thank you all for the current input.

Clue scroll rewards are extremely good once you get good at doing them, have most of the items and know majority of the clues . You can't expect to get from each clue super good loot , do like 50 hard clues and the few good one will add up for the majority bad once . Sure skilling is more consistent loot , but imagine getting the best drops while pvimg or bossing . There has to be bad loot to keep the eco and the game balanced and to make the valuable drops valuable . On average to get super good loot from hard clues it takes anywhere from 10-30 hard clue scrolls completed . And I understand your frustration cus it took you so long to finish that clue and the reward wasn't as expected , but you will understand me once you get much better at clue hunting and when its gonna take you 5-10 mins to complete a hard clue . From my perspecitve hard clues are too rewarding , it gives way to many rune arrows .