Way to combat AFK wildy killers.

Player avatar

Trident Send PM

I think maybe implementing a system where non skulled people vs skulled would provide a boost in damage. This creates a dynamic where people who want the small boost in exp can still skull, risking a 1:1 ratio for a fight, but help people who are just afkers getting randomly attacked by randoms when trying to train have an advantage to defend themselves or be able to escape, and provides incentive for PKers to keep the fights in between pkers. Also provides incentive for the PKers who only PK while non-skulled because then no one is going to attempt to fight without them obtaining a skull and risking.

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Then people will just not skull when they pk and avoid attacking first at all costs.

Player avatar

Trident Send PM

nyx6 said:

Then people will just not skull when they pk and avoid attacking first at all costs.

That's a possibility, but then no one would be PKing, you gain skull by teleing into wild, or by ::skull ing, I don't think people would sit around non skulled because no one would be fighting them, while PKers still do it the way they have always been doing it. I think the population of pkers who don't skull is significantly smaller than those who go out and do. This is more of a way to combat those who do nothing but kill AFKers.

Last edited by Trident (5 Jun 2018 07:15)

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Trident said:

nyx6 said:

That's a possibility, but then no one would be PKing, you gain skull by teleing into wild, or by ::skull ing, I don't think people would sit around non skulled because no one would be fighting them, while PKers still do it the way they have always been doing it. I think the population of pkers who don't skull is significantly smaller than those who go out and do. This is more of a way to combat those who do nothing but kill AFKers.

It's a terrible idea

Why would it even help anyway? is it really harder to kill someone afk if they do less damage? really any level can kill any lvl afker.

Removing the entire KD ranking, kd system and perks for KD would be a better idea, but still I think many just enjoy killing people who aren't there. But mostly it's new people who don't know better. Yes there are some real shit heads like 305 who have 80 odd accounts all parked at rats etc and that's only "pk" they do.

Last edited by nyx6 (5 Jun 2018 07:56)

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

You want to protect players that are AFKing in the wilderness?

If you're not willing to make the risk of getting killed and losing items, don't enter a PvP zone.
It's that simple.

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

WIlderness comes with risks. Best thing you can do in my opinion, is global'ing (::2) how you died (where, cbt levels, how many, etc.), so someone can try and come get the AFK killer/s.

It would also boost a bit PK'ing overall when castle/hotspots/fort are dead, since PKers would search/fight PKers. I, for one, would be glad to help and chase AFK killers away so don't be scared.

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

nyx6 said:

Trident said:

nyx6 said:

It's a terrible idea

Why would it even help anyway? is it really harder to kill someone afk if they do less damage? really any level can kill any lvl afker.

Removing the entire KD ranking, kd system and perks for KD would be a better idea, but still I think many just enjoy killing people who aren't there. But mostly it's new people who don't know better. Yes there are some real shit heads like 305 who have 80 odd accounts all parked at rats etc and that's only "pk" they do.

You love having my name come out of your dick suckers!
I've only killed ppl afk if I needed the training spot or if a friend does. When you joined rev ALL YOU DID was afk kill. You'd run off the moment someone was not afk. Goes to show who the real bitch is. If the person ran off and left the spot, I was just as happy as killing them to obtain the exp. You're such a hypocrite and need to get off my dick.

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

I think it's a terrible idea for the simple reason that it'll be abused. What do you suggest to be implemented if you're being killed afk by range or mage?

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

AWFUL idea lol. This would fuck with the mechanics of regular PKing

If you're stupid enough to actually go AFK in the wilderness, you deserve to die - it really is as simple as that... There is a sign at the border telling you it's dangerous lol like what, this literally would help nothing except ruining normal PKing.... If someone is truly AFK then no matter how much you nerf spells/range/combat vs an unskulled they will still die...  All while ruining regular PKing lol. Sorry, terrible idea

Last edited by o0ps13 (6 Jun 2018 21:29)

Turtles

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

you didn't think this through, what if someone attacks someone else and they are not afk and want to fight back.

Back to the drawing board dude

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I don't feel that PKers should have to say " excuse me, but are you AFK", before they attack someone.

As risk you take by training in the wilderness is death.   Always been this way

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

I'm a skiller and think this is a horrible idea. I've been killed countless times but that's a part of the game. The wildy has boosts in xp and better training spots with better npcs. If those spots aren't worth the risk to you then stay outta wildy. It's a risk/reward situation. You make the call as a player. Shouldn't be moderated.