Ruining experience..

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

Billy said:

What would be a "fair" limit on multiboxing?

I mined to 99 on my main and to 85 on my miners all at the same time, I could have turned around and sold the 70k coal but I needed most of it for my 99 smithing on main. I think i would have raged if someone told me I couldn't train those chars to the top of my ability. Then again, I could see how 6 multifishers could be bringing extra fishies into the game no one will buy.

We don't have plans to limit multiboxing any time soon, but we'll hear out any arguments about it to see if we should reconsider.

I think it's a matter of what you want the server to be.  Do you want 50 people who do nothing but play rs all day or do you want 200 people who play as their life allows?

If you don't limit multilogging, the people who don't have time to play all day get discoraged because it takes an inordinate amount of time to get anything worthwhile (flats chars, rares, holiday stuff, etc.).  Your choice, really but I would hope you would want to be less exclusive than you are set up currently.

Let's face it, the people who multi do so because they can.  If you eliminate multis those people will stay because they're addicted and have got nowhere else to go or anything else to do.  Cater to the new blood, I say.

Being perfectly sincere here.

So many flaws in this line of thinking.

1) These are not mutually exclusive. You can easily have both. 50 people who do nothing but play rs all day and 200 (or 1,000 or 10,000) people who play as their life allows.

2) It does not take an inordinate amount of time to get anything worthwhile, even if playing 1 character at a time. Sorry. If you play smart and efficiently, you can do all the things you mentioned within a few weeks/months gameplay. Compared to real rsc it's a joke. The idea of owning a dmed or (holy shit) a party hat on real rsc was completely out of the question to me. Even if I had played 10 hours a day on 3 chars it would have taken years to get that kind of money. On here if you play smart you could have a party hat with a month or two of gameplay at 2-3 hours/day.

3) Your logic of "limiting multilogging gives people who have less time a better chance" is inherently flawed. In reality, if you have limited time to play -- MULTILOGGING IS THE BEST USE OF YOUR TIME. If you can only play 1hr a day, you will get a far greater return on that 1hr by playing 8 chars at once. If anything, limiting multilogging would hurt people with less time to play. It is the most efficient use of your time.

It seems like you're just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing here. But what I really want to know is -- WHY DOES THIS MATTER SO MUCH?! Who cares that some other person is pulling in 5x as many fish as you are per hour. How does that affect you?!

I've played largely on 1 char my entire time here and while I know I could have maxed out already if I had multiboxed and farmed dbones and herbs on a ton of chars, I don't fucking care. I don't really like doing that so I'm going to play the game how I like. Other people have maxed out in 1/4 the time its going to take me because they used multiple chars. So what?! That's great for them and has zero effect on me.

This is a game that has a variety of techniques you can use to get ahead. You can use them or not, but they're there for you. What you cannot do is complain that someone who has more time than you do (OR IS USING BETTER/SMARTER TECHNIQUES THAN YOU) is able to get further in the game than you can.

Just play the game however you see fit.

Last edited by dippymister (27 May 2018 19:42)

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

w4rmachine said:

Synbios said:

The guy that goes to the gym all day gets stronger than you, the guy that reads all day has a much larger spectrum of knowledge than you, the guy that spends all day chasing girls gets more ass than you, and the guy that plays rscr all day has better characters and items than you

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

I don't even see why this is a valid argument here. Like you said take away multi logging few will get discouraged.. but the game for the masses will improve.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

C L A W S Send PM

skillystr said:

I don't even see why this is a valid argument here. Like you said take away multi logging few will get discouraged.. but the game for the masses will improve.

Then pking will lower cause you need food to pk, good one Einstein

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

C L A W S said:

skillystr said:

Then pking will lower cause you need food to pk, good one Einstein

I'm sorry you can't see the bright side to playing fairly. Players like you are never satisfied. Unless you have some kind of advantage over the rest. It truly.. RUINS THE EXPERIENCE but hey, I trust staff does the right thing. smile

Anyways, anything that makes the market better is best for game that's just my opinion. Don't be mad at me for it please..

Last edited by skillystr (28 May 2018 15:36)

Player avatar

C L A W S Send PM

It will take alot to ruin the market by fishing.. theres alot of pking and food that goes out of the game, also its not unfair.. why dont u go do the same? thats your problem if you dont want to, if you only have android thats your problem, go buy a pc

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

C L A W S said:

It will take alot to ruin the market by fishing.. theres alot of pking and food that goes out of the game, also its not unfair.. why dont u go do the same? thats your problem if you dont want to, if you only have android thats your problem, go buy a pc

Believe it or not, players tend to give me alot of feedback in game. From what I have gathered most all the originals suggest putting a cap on multi logging, with a 2-3 account limit. I mean bottom line, it's ruining their experiences..it's obviously not about the fact that the ones complaining can't make 10 accs. so therefore something needs capped to maintain the balance..it's getting ridiculous when u can't woodcut in any location because theres 6 multi loggers in every location

Last edited by skillystr (29 May 2018 09:49)

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

skillystr said:

C L A W S said:

Believe it or not, players tend to give me alot of feedback in game. From what I have gathered most all the originals suggest putting a cap on multi logging, with a 2-3 account limit. I mean bottom line, it's ruining their experiences..it's obviously not about the fact that the ones complaining can't make 10 accs. so therefore something needs capped to maintain the balance..it's getting ridiculous when u can't woodcut in any location because theres 6 multi loggers in every location

How does someone fishing on a few chars ruin the economy, when the fish literally will be gone from the game after a few days? I guess, you're playing on android and you are butthurt because you can't do it yourself? Why don't you just mind about your own business and let people play the way they want? and for the woodcutting, i can understand thats annoying if theres no trees available for you to cut or whatever, just add more damn trees lol. Ask the admins to do so. Make a suggestion, i'm pretty sure it would be done.

RSCR is doing better than ever right now, why is there the same selected few guys on forums demanding changes on everything.. just stop it lol.

Player avatar

newguy2015 Send PM

subscriber

Jauro2 said:

skillystr said:

C L A W S said:

How does someone fishing on a few chars ruin the economy, when the fish literally will be gone from the game after a few days? I guess, you're playing on android and you are butthurt because you can't do it yourself? Why don't you just mind about your own business and let people play the way they want? and for the woodcutting, i can understand thats annoying if theres no trees available for you to cut or whatever, just add more damn trees lol. Ask the admins to do so. Make a suggestion, i'm pretty sure it would be done.

RSCR is doing better than ever right now, why is there the same selected few guys on forums demanding changes on everything.. just stop it lol.

Goddam micdrop, someone promote this fella already

Player avatar

Pegi Send PM

beta

the question is, who even uses a fishing rod or harpoon unless you're fishing for your own entertaiment? if we want fish on our plates, i'd suggest a big ass trawler which would save all of our time by giving 1000x more fish per minute, compared to that old fashioned way. i mean in 10 minutes, we could get big ass load of fish and what's even better, we could do it on multiple trawlers at once!

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/dy3c6r.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

newguy2015 said:

Jauro2 said:

skillystr said:

Goddam micdrop, someone promote this fella already

Lmao it's gonna get capped, I'll pay real world money for it to be capped. Billy just pm price. For 2-3 ACC capping
And btw I've stated plenty of times. If us originals wanted to run 10 accs we would lmao. No point in ruining this experience for others. That's just keeping it real.. why donate when u  can waste 3 hrs today ur helpless life to make a bunch of accs. To farm fish crash market and take over all tree locations so you can buy your subscriptions in game.. pfft. Support the server. Stop fighting with me so u can continue to cheat.

Last edited by skillystr (30 May 2018 14:09)

Player avatar

C L A W S Send PM

they already have tried 1ip and capping login limit, it failed so they wont do it again smile and how am i cheating? its called being efficient, its part of the game and how you wanna play, if you wanna play on 1 acc thats how you wanna play, if i wanna play on 6 accs thats how i wanna play smile no need to go cry on forums, same as someone multi on 6 accs vs 1 person in the wilderness, is that cheating? No its part of the game, enough said you are delusional

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

If you want to play this way there is always ironman. Although I do see the op's point. I have 2 ideas that may work.

Maybe a cap on accounts logged in possibly. 4 or 5 seems like a good number. I am on droid so I usually have 2 going during events or when I'm farming stuff. Gets hectic with more than that. But I've seen people with 8+ accounts going. That I don't really agree with, but I also don't really care either.

Or possibly a 1 ip limit outside of wildy (for a set distance) (maybe 2 in fishing guild). It is annoying to goto a good farming or training spot outside of wildy and find it filled with people. Especially when it's the same person on 4 chars. This would also make less known or less used areas used again. You could make all town's multi ip but outside town walls 1ip for however many tiles you see fit.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Most people are here to pk, not make money off of fishing.
-1 as we need the supplies!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Fish markets are truly bad because so many do fish. Started with it, stopped when it started being pointless and waste of time since there was faster ways to make money. But what can you do tongue

Lol...

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Pegi said:

the question is, who even uses a fishing rod or harpoon unless you're fishing for your own entertaiment? if we want fish on our plates, i'd suggest a big ass trawler which would save all of our time by giving 1000x more fish per minute, compared to that old fashioned way. i mean in 10 minutes, we could get big ass load of fish and what's even better, we could do it on multiple trawlers at once!

brings community together
effective tactic avoiding multilog
+1

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

I saw your title and thought, you let the way others play ruin your experience? sad really

OH MAN 1 GUY IS CLICKING ON 6 SCREENS, IM NOT HAVING FUN!!!

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO