Maddog took my hat

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

So yesterday me k1ng strike and swoosh staked for a blue hat and I put up 25m and a green hat on our 3s under the name new tree vs. big scum. As soon as I accepted the stake I dced. So I popped up a new client and got on k1ng strike to retreive my hat so I walked over to the spot where my hat should spawn. Maddog was on his 3 (blood in) and I guess he knew what was going on and began to stand on top of me and clicked war me over my hat that I won. My luck he picks up the blue hat and I pick up the bones. So I've heard the last time this has happened kleio got on a dudes account and retreive the scythe for the guy it happened to and his item was given back to him the rightful owner that won the scythe fair and square. But when it's me vs maddog in our situation kleio has decided to just " not get involved" which I think is 100 percent bullshit. Just think about it from my point of view. Maddog told me he has 26 blue hats plus one he stole right out from under me. I think the right thing should be done and my hat be returned. I've been an honest player since day 1. I'm on the verge of quitting over this just because the mods are going to sweep this under the table and let maddog keep the hat. If the hat doesn't get returned so be it. Farewell

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

bye 1less player wont cripple the server

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

See ya

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

It is clear that in the event of a stake, the player intends to loot the stake earnings. Upon rs2  rscrevolution recognized the ongoing issue and resolved this by automatically making stake wins go to the inventory itself, as this has negatively impacted the game for a long, long time. In the past, this has happened multiple times in fact, and historically speaking- it has been resolved. That being said, I can only ask any of you- who would ever stake a phat and not have full intentions of looting it? It's clear that not looting it would be at no fault of the disconnected person but due to unforeseen disconnection circumstances (which by the way have happened a lot lately due to the server getting ddos attacked) so it is also unclear if it was even the fault of the internet or the server itself. I've seen a guy get his hat returned that DCd during a Christmas event and died to a hero. I've seen hats returned from looted stakes that hit the floor and the player DC'd. Once I was personally offered the option to have the player pay ME back an 8m stake they had looted when i DC'd myself. I turned it down, as he was new and would have quit if I made him pay me what was basically his entire bank, but the point is that I did have the option. This is nothing more than an ongoing problem since 2001 that could be resolved by making the stakes go to the inventory instead of dropping. Name one player that wouldn't be upset if they dc'd and lost a large percentage of the bank? It's just logic. Return the hat please and thank you.

Player avatar

BM29boytisoy Send PM

subscriber

Yo guys, i know im not in the right position or the right person to say something about this incident but i just wanna say that admins should be doin wat should be done. How can we make this server bigger and better if we cant resolve issues like this? Im just sayin, if we wanna help our players, we should help each and everyone fairly. Give the same treatment to anybody. Noobs or not. Famous or not. New ones or old. Close friends or not. Stakers or skillers. Pkers or not. If you can do something about it why not do it? Im just saying my opinion here. Its for the well being of everyone. Thanks and have fun!

Player avatar

backdrizzle Send PM

Personal feelings towards king strike and new tree aside, return the fuckin hat to him. It isn't like mad dog can't afford it. I don't like the guy either but I would give him his hat back. He won fair and square. Stop being a dotard mad dog and give it back. Common decency should prevail in a situation like this, should not get to a point of mod-admin involvement.

Last edited by backdrizzle (1 Apr 2018 18:36)

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

if mad dog doesn't give the hat back and gets jailed with it it just makes them rarer, and he holds majority, so he gets richer either way he don't care

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Admins made the decision to not have it returned for 1 major reason... you could have logged back on to the account that participated in the duel( which you and everyone else could clearly see was no longer online ), and picked it up yourself, yet, you choose to log on and remain on a different account and wait for it to appear to everyone.

Also, at the time of the duel, there were no server issues going on.  If we have to be responsible for everyone's  connection issues, getting phone calls or other notifications while playing, that cause the app to close or disconnect,  we may as well make it a game where you never lose and always win.

IF the server were having problems, this would have been a different outcome, as if has been in the past.

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

If the client froze that particular user wouldn't be able to log in, whereas an alternative window would, without closing client and opening a new one. So that one reason isn't a good one imho

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

But my 2 cents doesn't matter on this one. Ultimately it's administrations decision. I don't have to agree with it, (and I don't) but I can't change anything. HIGHLY recommend implementing stakes going TO the inventory though, you wouldn't ever have this ongoing issue again.

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

also in the case of the guy at xmas, it wasn't a server issue, he was playing while going down the road and "got hit by a car" and dropped his phone

Player avatar

Mod Lucki Send PM

Banned

I guess my question here would be. You disconnected immediately after accepting the duel request. Then immediately logged into k1ng strike, you would have seen New Tree win the stake, and would have also seen New Tree disconnect. There is a 60 second timer before ground items appear for everyone else after the staker wins.. So within all that time, there should have been plenty of time to log New Tree back in, collect the party hat, and not try to have a click war with Maddog. Why was New Tree never logged back in?

Every adventure requires a first step..

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

People are getting way too used to Mods babying them and feeling like they can do anything and a Mod will just come get their items back. The server is fine, if no one else Dce'd but him then it was on his end and that's no one else's fault but his connection. These things happened in RSC and rscrevolution wouldn't have interfered at all. It's a game of life, just like how you can be mugged while walking down the street irl.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

Mod Cash said:

rscrevolution wouldn't have interfered at all.

rscrevolution re-wrote the way staking was processed for this reason.

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

But Cash, you are ABSOLUTELY right, historically speaking you guys have done a better job than rscrevolution, and I applaud you for having a clean server that people have a strong community of trust in staff when it comes to scammers

Last edited by iamtheironman (1 Apr 2018 19:42)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi, if we agree to change the way items are awarded at the end of a duel, as a player in this thread pointed out, then maybe we could provide customer support for this kind of issue since it would be resolved in the future for everyone. Currently we provide the same lvl of support as real RSC did for mistakes like this which is not much. Sorry we don't have a better answer for you at this time.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

I was literally in shock and scared to log back into new tree because in that situation I'm not aware of the timer and my client said connection lost so I thought I couldn't logg into new tree because I didn't want to risk losing the hat but ended up losing the hat anyways to some bullshit guy who doesn't even need the hat. Return the hat and do what is right is all I ask!

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

If the hat is returned I won't speak another word about it and I'll encourage others to do the same. If I grabbed someone's hat off the ground no matter what the color if they won it. I know mods or admin would force me to give it back to the person that won it fair. Just like kleio going on a dudes character and getting the scythe back for the guy who dced. And i know the kleio situation isn't the only time this has happened hell you guys have probably even done it for maddog he's been around long enough to run into some shit like this. I'm asking you to put maddog name aside and my item be returned

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

Mod Lucki said:

I guess my question here would be. You disconnected immediately after accepting the duel request. Then immediately logged into k1ng strike, you would have seen New Tree win the stake, and would have also seen New Tree disconnect. There is a 60 second timer before ground items appear for everyone else after the staker wins.. So within all that time, there should have been plenty of time to log New Tree back in, collect the party hat, and not try to have a click war with Maddog. Why was New Tree never logged back in?

I saw that new tree was still logged in for a bit it happened so fast it didn't cross my mind to just log back into new tree and I was scared id miss the opportunity to grab it and also didn't realize how much time had passed when I got my server up and going I'm on Droid it takes a bit longer for me to load up than someone on PC. #return the hat

Last edited by K1ng strizike (2 Apr 2018 00:28)

Player avatar

K1ng strizike Send PM

Maddog jamie said:

This is what kleio told me :

"We do not reverse stakes anymore, a system that puts stake wins to iventory > bank > ah caimbales should have been in place, but was reverted in code or smth. Keep it if you want, thats way not cool, but its ur call.

i returned scythe for one guy, then we had a chat on admin chat about it
and we decided to never do it again"

I've already told you why i'm keeping this.. You used to talk shit about for years. If it was an random i'd have given it back.
But this is what i call karma.
And why you're quitting isnt becouse of me. I saw you staked your bank (2 greens and mills) and lost, you're cleaned.
That's why you're quitting. farewell

I'm still up 100 mill I'm not quitting until I see the outcome of this situation. I'd love to stick around but I cannot let this be swept under the table just because someone that is Rich in game has power. You should just do the right thing man. I haven't done anything to you but yet you hate me? I don't even Kno you nor remember what the hell you are talking about.