Why the pk scene is in decline and seeing no growth

Player avatar

cunnilingus11 Send PM

If a new player is to come here, it's likely they will spend many days training before they can even enter the wild, then when that day comes, when all the supplies have been gathered, it's more than likely they will arrive at the castle, to be gang-banged by 20 chars.

This has always been a problem but what makes this worse for new players is; people are now sharing password lists, it's quiet easy for someone to log in to any character they want after a 1v1 and make it into a 10v1.

If you don't think this kills pking then you're very wrong, we're a small community as it is and pking is dead enough as it is..

Hopefully there would be some rotational days where it's 1-ip or people shouldn't be allowed to share accounts.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Honestly getting sick of all these stupid threads from uninformed, uneducated and outright idiotic people who are so new they're only thinking about themselves when posting. You clearly are pretty new, or else you would know that it's been tried and it failed miserably, you'd know there's hundreds of threads going into detail on why 1ip didn't work, why it can't work in the future, etc etc. If you're too lazy or incompetent to go read those threads, here let me spell it out for you in a couple of sentences

1ip in a small community = huge teams. There is no way to defend yourself with 6 individual people vs you. Was tried for 4 months here, server basically died. Was very soon reverted. 1ip can't and will never happen until the playerbase is bigger. Playerbase won't get bigger all the time there is greedy admins and developers opening new servers, splitting up the playerbase.

Seriously do some research man before posting

Turtles

Player avatar

Moaccounts Send PM

There is an issue you're right, but we know for a fact 1 ip isn't a solution.

People always cry when things are done to them but it's ok for them to do worse.

Last edited by Moaccounts (16 Mar 2018 14:25)

Player avatar

am legend Send PM

The population in these servers isn't big enough to have an active pking scene with 1 account each/1 ip, back in the days there were hundreds and thousands of unique pkers, these days there are probably 50 pkers left in the whole scene spread up on 2 servers, few new ones coming and going every now and then, but the same people keeping it alive, and without having a bunch of accounts/multilogging, there would be no pking scene anymore.

When you have a bunch of accounts, you can keep the action going and going and going on... with 1 account each, there would literally be no PK.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

It's always the same people responding to these types of threads and it's the one who don't do anything but play rs all day.

Seriously, if you're looking to increase your player base, don't you think you should listen to the NEW PLAYERS?

Ok, so 1 ip is not the answer.  Neither is to expect new people to dedicate their lives to learning how to pk all over again using multis, etc.  It's too much to ask if you actually want  new people to come here.  There must be an answer that makes sense.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

ateam Send PM

Eww Bald said:

It's always the same people responding to these types of threads and it's the one who don't do anything but play rs all day.

Seriously, if you're looking to increase your player base, don't you think you should listen to the NEW PLAYERS?

Ok, so 1 ip is not the answer.  Neither is to expect new people to dedicate their lives to learning how to pk all over again using multis, etc.  It's too much to ask if you actually want  new people to come here.  There must be an answer that makes sense.

You must spend 23 hours a day on this forum complaining, then it's the people who play rs all days fault

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

ateam said:

Eww Bald said:

You must spend 23 hours a day on this forum complaining, then it's the people who play rs all days fault

Huh?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Cartmen Send PM

I see it working... make it one ip address logged at once... you can make many characters but only one from your ip.... seems to work on stopping my brother and I from joining any tournament together.... seems silly that we will protect simple lottery and tournaments from multi user... but when it comes to the overall preformance and skilling in game seema that having as many users on at once is more important... but ill continue my fight or battle agaisnt the multi user ip bots... haha

** but maaaaaaaaa*

Player avatar

Quitter Send PM

I recruited a few friends to play and they got gangbanged multiple times and ended up quitting as did I. The mods decided to keep the veteran players happy and make it near impossible for the new players to pk.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Quitter said:

I recruited a few friends to play and they got gangbanged multiple times and ended up quitting as did I. The mods decided to keep the veteran players happy and make it near impossible for the new players to pk.

Learning this myself.

Last edited by Eww Bald (16 Mar 2018 21:16)

Player avatar

Zach Nocare Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Quitter said:

"a few friends" should be enough to go do some gang banging yourselves ?

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Cartmen said:

but ill continue my fight or battle agaisnt the multi user ip bots... haha

Multi user IP bots?   

If you want a 1v1 fight... stay on the east side of wilderness, where there is 1v1 fighting only.
That is the only place you will not get "gang banged" , as you a say.

Also, there are far less people mutli screen pk'ing that you think. 

What you guys seem to not understand is that every option you have said, has already been tried.

Basically, what you have said is 1 log in per IP... so that means your brother can't play when you do...

Player avatar

Third Send PM

pfft it aint even that bad, practice ur double logging and make a few accounts. ive never been team pked by more then 3 people at once....make a pure, make a tank mage, be your own team. If that doesnt work find a partner.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

No comment. Seen this a million times already..

Best Ninja

Player avatar

Diztordit Send PM

subscriber

Pk is dead because instead of seeing people say GL, GF, etc, you get I fucked ur mom, learn 2 catch, etc.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Diztordit said:

Pk is dead because instead of seeing people say GL, GF, etc, you get I fucked ur mom, learn 2 catch, etc.

I think there may be something to this...

Player avatar

gp Send PM

beatdown said:

When i first started here i got gangbanged left right and center all day every day

Now i'm the most dominant

now this is a community you can sink your teeth into >>><<<< hahahahah very funny BD made me do a real life  lol

but on another note, new player here, old time vet, just did my first trip into wildy after getting some reasonable stats for range, i was just having a look, first thoughts was that it was dead to start with but then it actually surprised me watched a few fights come and go, ranged a few lower levels, even managed to poach an r2h, but i can agree with one thing, that after lolling at a butthurt person for getting pwned shortly after somebody logged in with an account to trump my own and take me down, it gave the thought that the more seasoned players here do have it on lock down, which I cant argue with really..it's the wildy..and the wildy never changes....dog eat dog and all.

i mean i have to agree with Beat#down RSC is srz bznz, i think all etiquette should be left at edgeville in terms of telling someone your about to f'k them right in the pu$$y

but a solo pker of any build can't compete against a "team" of one persons accounts, so moving forward (and this is a loaded question). do you want to encourage multi-logging which does make the wildy seem more popular, but in actual fact isn't

or

do you want people to have to be a team of separate individuals, then when their friends arn't on they have to solo and take the greater risks or find a new team mate (community).

If maintaining the authentic feel is the target, then you wouldn't really have had the ability to multi-log and be organised like that in the original RS because it was too frantic so it is an hard decision, a conundrum, account sharing well that's a different thing altogether. understand i wasnt butthurtz for getting pk'd i expected to be killed sooner than i actually was, it just seemed as tho people have people (or their other accounts) on stand by at various levels ready to strike.

but overall i did have fun anyhow.

r4ange, m4ge or m4in, if you see me in the wildy it means you've already f'd up. wink 
\\stay frosty

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

pk is dead because people don't like to die or lose (beatdown, chaotix, djz, nyx, sosa, bowtech) so they recruit 20 man teams so they can be comfortable stepping foot in wilderness. teams being so big means for less frequent PKing and when there finally is a fight, people will only come if they have a lot of people on. it' will never get better, it's only got worse as the years gone by and it's at peak shitness now and nobody is willing to change, beyond repair. no update can change a shitty PKing community who are so hellbent on toxicity and banning people from PKing and stroking their e-peens on global. pathetic

Last edited by o0ps13 (27 May 2018 10:19)

Turtles

Player avatar

Jammy Bank Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

o0ps13 said:

pk is dead because people don't like to die or lose (beatdown, chaotix, djz, nyx, sosa, bowtech) so they recruit 20 man teams so they can be comfortable stepping foot in wilderness. teams being so big means for less frequent PKing and when there finally is a fight, people will only come if they have a lot of people on. it' will never get better, it's only got worse as the years gone by and it's at peak shitness now and nobody is willing to change, beyond repair. no update can change a shitty PKing community who are so hellbent on toxicity and banning people from PKing and stroking their e-peens on global. pathetic

lol

Player avatar

gp Send PM

well i have to take your word for it because brand new and have no comparison, of how its got worse, but it was mentioned of a 1vs 1 area which i did not know existed (if it does) but this would be bad for people who pked in teams in that area, or rangers such as myself who like to strike at opportune moments, so i am agreeing with you essentially wink but i just don't know the solution,

maybe if you couldn't log out after level 10 wild ??? but then it causes a massive concern about disconnections or if the server "jumps" even if you do try and limit ip address log ins, people can find a way around it.

its hard trying to keep everyone happy, i can imagine that. smile

maybe if you leave you account logged out (in)  the wild area over 24hrs it counts as a death ?? then it would make "moving" your army of accounts that bit more "frustrating" it might discourage the extent you say its got to. i don't know chief?<>

Last edited by gp (27 May 2018 12:24)

r4ange, m4ge or m4in, if you see me in the wildy it means you've already f'd up. wink 
\\stay frosty