Magic..

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

I've never really had magic. my first character had magic till i learned about pures and them immediately i made a new character that became my main. i seldom used my original character.

So how over here does pking and using magic work? i see most player 90+ using magic and melee in edgy dungeon.
-I'd assume they are using firewave?
-Does magic auto cast or do you need to cast each spell?
-What about once out of combat for food i still see some spells flying around.
-what are the max hits for magic?
-i have never seen any god spells in edgy dungeon. any reason for that?
-are there spell fails?

atm no real interest in actually using magic. maybe in a few years i'll make a mage.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Edge dungeon is P2P area, therefore most likely yes players in that area will be using Fire Wave as the area is 24/7 P2P items/spells rules, as opposed the regular above ground wilderness which is on a rotation where it's sometimes totally P2P rules, sometimes it's totally F2P (to find out the current state of the wilderness, type ::wilderness in game)

You can't autocast any spell on RSC unless you're using a 3rd party program to do it for you (would not recommend, insta ban)

There is no delay upon exiting combat on when you can cast a spell on your opponent. There used to be a delay but it was removed. Actually a insanely good tactic in 1v1's (even team PKing) once you can get the timing down to cast as soon as you run

I think Fire Blast max hit is 8. Earth Wave is 10, Fire Wave is 11? IDK about any other spells, never really used them. Fire Bolt hits 5 though I think

God spells can only be used I believe one day per week. As far as I remember the rotation is as follows: F2P, F2P, F2P, P2P (Gmage on), P2P, repeat. Meaning that God spells may only be used on that specific day. Even though Edge Dungeon is always P2P rules it was decided by the community that God mage should be limited

Yes you can fail spells if you're not 10 levels at least higher than the spell you want to cast. For example if you're 78 magic and you try to cast Fire Wave, you're most likely going to fail 60-80% of the casts (roughly). If you wear like the wizard robes and stuff and drink a wizards mind bomb, I'm sure you could cast without failing around 7 levels above the spell you want to cast. That's how people used to do it on low level mages so they could keep their combat low

Turtles

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

God spells can only be used I believe one day per week. As far as I remember the rotation is as follows: F2P, F2P, F2P, P2P (Gmage on), P2P, repeat. Meaning that God spells may only be used on that specific day. Even though Edge Dungeon is always P2P rules it was decided by the community that God mage should be limited

wtf? really. wow thats super lame.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

wtf? really. wow thats super lame.

I'm not sure if you would be saying the same thing if you were consistently on the receiving end of it, especially when matched up against people who are very good at casting and / or teamwork. RSC these days is generally big teams mentality when it comes to PKing, therefore with spells such as god spells, it's absolutely more than possible to very nearly consistently 1 hit your opponent before they get a chance to even run away if you and a few others can stay precise for just a few seconds and that just ruins PKing, nobody really wants to get continuously one hit by a group of 4 guys casting 26 every time they cast.

One thing you can use 24/7 in Edge Dungeon (also above ground, provided ::wilderness tells you the wild is currently p2p) is the Ibans staff/Iban blast spell. It's not considered as a godspell and can therefore be used on either day. It's extremely powerful and gets used a lot, especially because with the quest cape you can just teleport right to recharge it rather than walk all the way through underground pass, only problem with Iban is you can't wear a shield so you're much more vunerable to taking damage

Turtles

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

On classic used to be god mages ruled low lvl pking in mems and wines owned low lvl pking in f2p.  Why don't any of the old tried and true systems work here???

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

well simple solution to me would be change the multi aspect to only include one ranger mage and melee or maybe even just allow 2 on 1's. 

still i'm irritated that if i wanted to use god spells ( i have no magic atm) i could only do it at the whim of the dev's