Mad zammy monk guy that sell quest items

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

I'm absolutely thrilled with the addition of this guy. Man do i hate skilling just to do a quest to get an item.

My suggestion as a new player to here is a one time price cut to his services. It's not really the price that does it. its the combat experience gained i'm getting while i'm collecting herbs/potions trying to save money to unlock these items.  I do not exactly recall the level when i noticed him but i was in edgy killing men collecting herbs until i got big enough to move into chaos druids.  Atm im a Pure lvl 55 and i'm still saving for those gauntlets. i think i should have saved enough cash before i hit 76 hp...

Atm my only skills i have are herblaw so to make money i gain combat exp.  IF i had chosen a non combat skill then the whole massive exp gain before i can actually use the gauntlets would not apply

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

What exactly are you suggesting?

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

just maybe for each player (isp would be better) an option for a single price reduction on one of that guys options.

for a new player making millions is rough. but those who already play can just ask for some cash from a friend

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

It takes a lot of time and effort to get the skill levels and combat levels needed to do those quests in order to be able to wield those items.
It is only fair to make them expensive to purchase rights for.

In the end, you are better off doing the quests anyway.  It's a lot cheaper, and you level up while doing so.

Player avatar

moreswash Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

It takes a lot of time and effort to get the skill levels and combat levels needed to do those quests in order to be able to wield those items.
It is only fair to make them expensive to purchase rights for.

In the end, you are better off doing the quests anyway.  It's a lot cheaper, and you level up while doing so.

Except the issue of unwanted combat levels obtained from certain quests, like dragon slayer. Back in the day you could be a "plate pure" when map-pieces were trade-able. Now you can't unless you pay 2m. Another idea could be allowing fatigue to prevent quest reward xp.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

Back in the day you could be a "plate pure" when map-pieces were trade-able

man was i ever pissed when i found out too late about that......