Anyway to play this game with the normal exp rates?

Player avatar

Yeshua Loves Send PM

It's always been my personal belief that if one prefers to play with the original 1x exp rates, they should simply play the original game. Private servers allow the liberty to increase the exp rates and make the playing experience more enjoyable and less grindy. And the original RSC exp rates are already so excruciatingly slow that even with the multiplied rates, it still takes a player many, many hours to max their stats here on RSC Revolution. I believe a recent player maxed with around 54 days of in-game playing time. That is over 1,000 hours! I agree that if anything, the development team should INCREASE exp rates, not decrease them. Many of us are advanced in years now, with family and work obligations taking precedence. Grinding forever simply is not viable for many anymore. I know you want an authentic RSC experience though. I promise you that you will get that here. Like one of the posters said, 1-40 goes pretty quickly. After that, the time spent levelling is increasingly logarithmic, just as in the original game. I promise you that if you train anything level 40+ for a while, you will be of a different opinion smile

Last edited by Yeshua Loves (20 Feb 2018 04:31)

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His Word I do hope.
- Psalm 130:5

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Believe it or not, I actually kind of agree with you. I came to the private server scene cause I woke up from a dream about killing Elvarg, and I didn't want to download a bot to get RSC to work. Well, let me tell you. It was a little disappointing to come out of that lair without so much as a scratch. So I am passionate about doing something with the combat system. We need to rescue the first half the game from obscurity (I don't know anyone who actually used every metal sword from iron to rune, as another example - most people skip substantially because the leveling to rune is so quick. Reaching endgame content in your first few hours playing is not sustainable.)  I think my proposal is good enough to not share the details now. But I would like to make combat leveling more consistent, rather than extremely rapid at first and extremely slow at the end.

n0m and the rest of staff may take some convincing and we have had other more pressing priorities lately. But in short, I know where you are coming from and i think there are situations, such as what youve pointed out, where rapid leveling breaks or depreciates the original game content.

this is why so many of us have constantly suggested new content (weapons armor etc etc) because everything takes no fucking time to reach on here. game gets boring and pointless to play quick. hence why a lot of us old schoolers dont play anymore.

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

i see alot of reply saying if i liked the original game go play it.  thats impossible because you cannot create new players in classic.  i looked into deadman but it has boosted combat exp gains too.   i prefer combat, i despise skilling,

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

King Joffrey Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

i see alot of reply saying if i liked the original game go play it.  thats impossible because you cannot create new players in classic.

Incorrect. All you need is a rscrevolution account with membership to log into rscrevolution Classic regardless of when your account was created, they never closed registrations after the 15 year anniversary, just left them open

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

Incorrect. All you need is a rscrevolution account with membership to log into rscrevolution Classic regardless of when your account was created, they never closed registrations after the 15 year anniversary, just left them open

I took a quick look into this. did a quick forum search for rscrevolution classic and i could i didn't easily find new about a classic reopening. I did see this though

You can play Classic if you have rscrevolution Membership and you have previously played Classic.

wow. news to me.  Shame they decided i was a bot in classic. That was the final straw for me.

Last edited by sirpyrrhic (25 Feb 2018 02:12)

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

kingkyle said:

sirpyrrhic said:

This boosted exp take all the fun out of building a pker.  I there a way to play this game with the normal exp rates? Or is there a clone that has the normal exp rates. its depressing to have already hit combat 40+ in just over a day.  I'm just to satisfied with how easy this game is. heck i decided to add 2 defense to seed things up a tad and i was multiple defense levels a kill. Common thats friggin lame.

This is crap if you are not happy with xp rates why not play actual rs. your complaining it's too much yet here you are on a private server which was designed to enable you to lvl faster if ypu think xp rates are too high then  what the he'll are you doing playing a private server?

Because original RS is full of bots. Duh.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".