Anyway to play this game with the normal exp rates?

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

This boosted exp take all the fun out of building a pker.  I there a way to play this game with the normal exp rates? Or is there a clone that has the normal exp rates. its depressing to have already hit combat 40+ in just over a day.  I'm just to satisfied with how easy this game is. heck i decided to add 2 defense to seed things up a tad and i was multiple defense levels a kill. Common thats friggin lame.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Believe it or not, I actually kind of agree with you. I came to the private server scene cause I woke up from a dream about killing Elvarg, and I didn't want to download a bot to get RSC to work. Well, let me tell you. It was a little disappointing to come out of that lair without so much as a scratch. So I am passionate about doing something with the combat system. We need to rescue the first half the game from obscurity (I don't know anyone who actually used every metal sword from iron to rune, as another example - most people skip substantially because the leveling to rune is so quick. Reaching endgame content in your first few hours playing is not sustainable.)  I think my proposal is good enough to not share the details now. But I would like to make combat leveling more consistent, rather than extremely rapid at first and extremely slow at the end.

n0m and the rest of staff may take some convincing and we have had other more pressing priorities lately. But in short, I know where you are coming from and i think there are situations, such as what youve pointed out, where rapid leveling breaks or depreciates the original game content.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

i'm sure others do.  i can't help but how much better players would treat each other if it took month and years to make a good character. ( not that ive run into trolls yet) Not a few days or weeks. I remember making a good friend killing chaos druids in edgy dungeon. i was there for years and well it was the wild so naturally i'd try to kill anyone i could fight.  I never did kill her. she had the luck of the gods considering she was inpure.  i tried for many months to kill her, We actually started short chats while i tried killing her. Eventuality i gave up and had someone to chat with collecting herbs.  That will never happen in this game because training a player is so fast.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

3o5 Send PM

subscriber

Most of us have multiple characters at multiple levels. I personally have 27 characters right now and I will be adding more soon. Leveling a flats takes about 400 play hours. If that's too fast for you then shoot for all 99s like many have and take it a step further and go for 200m exp on all stats. If leveling is too quick, don't spend money on subs and it'll always be slower than some of us are used to.
Most of us use enchanted bstaffs to level new characters or party train.
A lot of us have busy personal lives and cannot commit to training so many characters. I have a wife, 3 kids, 3 mortgages, and own/ run a full time business. The game is very time consuming and it's taken me over 3 years to compile my list (lots of pking etc too of course).

I suggest that they make a slow man mode for people like you. Also, if you make an Ironman, things go much slower (with the exception of combat). My Ironman is my favorite account and you should look into it.

Welcome to RSCR

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

Billy you are a genius!!. I have stressed this type of scenario before. Too much middle man content is skipped because of this. Look at fishing for example.  Their are several tiers of fishes from shrimp to sharks. Beginning fishermen have a hard time selling shrimp or early level fish because everyone only buys the highest level fishable food in this case swords or sharks. Even with woodcutting most people only buy magics or yews at least and for someone in the lower levels selling oaks or say willows they're just shit out of luck because no one wants em. Sure maybe someone can buy em to power level fletching but for the most part that person is shit out of luck. I mean why buy trout or salmon as food when you have the coin to buy sharks?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Needs higher experience rates you're tripping.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

But to answer OP question, no, there is currently no way to lower your XP rates below default. Sorry about that.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

Billy said:

Believe it or not, I actually kind of agree with you. I came to the private server scene cause I woke up from a dream about killing Elvarg, and I didn't want to download a bot to get RSC to work. Well, let me tell you. It was a little disappointing to come out of that lair without so much as a scratch. So I am passionate about doing something with the combat system. We need to rescue the first half the game from obscurity (I don't know anyone who actually used every metal sword from iron to rune, as another example - most people skip substantially because the leveling to rune is so quick. Reaching endgame content in your first few hours playing is not sustainable.)  I think my proposal is good enough to not share the details now. But I would like to make combat leveling more consistent, rather than extremely rapid at first and extremely slow at the end.

n0m and the rest of staff may take some convincing and we have had other more pressing priorities lately. But in short, I know where you are coming from and i think there are situations, such as what youve pointed out, where rapid leveling breaks or depreciates the original game content.

im mostly sold

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Mod Rah said:

Billy said:

im mostly sold

What I get from this is armour being wearable at different levels instead of what the rates are now. Id agree with this tbh.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (18 Feb 2018 06:18)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

HankBlockHitta Send PM

subscriber

Chedster said:

Billy you are a genius!!. I have stressed this type of scenario before. Too much middle man content is skipped because of this. Look at fishing for example.  Their are several tiers of fishes from shrimp to sharks. Beginning fishermen have a hard time selling shrimp or early level fish because everyone only buys the highest level fishable food in this case swords or sharks. Even with woodcutting most people only buy magics or yews at least and for someone in the lower levels selling oaks or say willows they're just shit out of luck because no one wants em. Sure maybe someone can buy em to power level fletching but for the most part that person is shit out of luck. I mean why buy trout or salmon as food when you have the coin to buy sharks?

Because nobody wants train or pk with trouts or salmons. You should try to play ironman if normal mode is too easy for you!!

No face, No case!

Player avatar

Mod Rotta Send PM

Perhaps when creating character, entering to the tutorial island, you could select an option there like Ironman etc. that you would like to play with 1x rates. Of course this would not be changed back to higher rates other way than using subs.

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

+1 mod rotta. Making it optional upon character creation allows for anyone who wishes to experience original rates capable of that option without forcing those rates on everyone else. Closest thing now is a unsubbed ironman but you'd still have 8x combat and 2x skills even without subs

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

An option to play on lowered exp rates upon starting isnt very motivating. Most of those players wouldnt play for too long-not really motivating when everyone else play on higher exp rate and you have to work on your character harder.

But i agree with 305 that you should try to train further.Try to get all 99 etc. Once you work on it,you'll know how much time it takes. As Billy said in the voice chat before that first 40 levels is really easy but then it gets harder.

I see what you mean Billy, but we are a private server afterall and the beauty of it is a custom content,including higher exp rates!(especially that)

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Xp rates should be lowered way to ez to lvl now or remove hotspot or territory's.... I remebr being the 1st legendary player to ever max out at that time 2nd plsce was 300 lvls behind me....i mean...was something to be proud of now maxing is beyond ez hell im the only player to max out more then once i should have some type of kool rare lol

Last edited by JediMindTrix (19 Feb 2018 23:44)

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

JediMindTrix said:

Xp rates should be lowered way to ez to lvl now or remove hotspot or territory's.... I remebr being the 1st legendary player to ever max out at that time 2nd plsce was 300 lvls behind me....i mean...was something to be proud of now maxing is beyond ez hell im the only player to max put more then once i should have some type of kool rare lol

No you're not. Yoyo's did it twice, fail post

Turtles

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

o0ps13 said:

JediMindTrix said:

Xp rates should be lowered way to ez to lvl now or remove hotspot or territory's.... I remebr being the 1st legendary player to ever max out at that time 2nd plsce was 300 lvls behind me....i mean...was something to be proud of now maxing is beyond ez hell im the only player to max put more then once i should have some type of kool rare lol

No you're not. Yoyo's did it twice, fail post

lol true

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Yoyo never maxed twice NEVER! who did he max on the 2nd time then? Riiiiiiiiight he did not max twice only has 3 123's

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

I don't care enough to go looking through 1000000 forum posts to try find out exactly what the name was and when it was, judging by how offended you are that you've been called out as wrong perhaps that might be something you might be interested in, he maxed the second one not long before he got banned permanently for RWT

Turtles

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

o0ps13 said:

I don't care enough to go looking through 1000000 forum posts to try find out exactly what the name was and when it was, judging by how offended you are that you've been called out as wrong perhaps that might be something you might be interested in, he maxed the second one not long before he got banned permanently for RWT

Kk next time get your facts correct shitter funny how nicky just told me on facebook he maxed only once lmao.

Last edited by JediMindTrix (20 Feb 2018 01:41)

Player avatar

kingkyle Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

This boosted exp take all the fun out of building a pker.  I there a way to play this game with the normal exp rates? Or is there a clone that has the normal exp rates. its depressing to have already hit combat 40+ in just over a day.  I'm just to satisfied with how easy this game is. heck i decided to add 2 defense to seed things up a tad and i was multiple defense levels a kill. Common thats friggin lame.

This is crap if you are not happy with xp rates why not play actual rs. your complaining it's too much yet here you are on a private server which was designed to enable you to lvl faster if ypu think xp rates are too high then  what the he'll are you doing playing a private server?

Against all odds against all mods
Unstoppable