What is the Mindset to XP Boosts?

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Do XP boosts actually bring in more players/revenue or is it just a short term fix?  It seems like access to better resources would be better in the long run since subs are no longer needed once you've got your pker built or your 99 skill.

I don't remember rsc having any issues with a slow xp gain system, especially when there weren't problems with bots.  What's the long term benefit of xp boosts, I wonder, if any?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

fernung Send PM

To be honest it got me to subscribe Gold+Plat. I really enjoy the quicker boosts instead of the same grind I've done for years lol

Player avatar

manmadegod Send PM

Yes saying most ppl playing this are adults with kids and jobs the xp boost is nice. Hard to no life anymore lol.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

fernung said:

To be honest it got me to subscribe Gold+Plat. I really enjoy the quicker boosts instead of the same grind I've done for years lol

Yeah man, I totally get it but once you have your goal stats, will you ever buy subs again?

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Eww Bald said:

I don't remember rsc having any issues with a slow xp gain system, especially when there weren't problems with bots.  What's the long term benefit of xp boosts, I wonder, if any?

RSC was LOADED with bots.   Partially why it was left to die

Player avatar

fernung Send PM

Eww Bald said:

fernung said:

Yeah man, I totally get it but once you have your goal stats, will you ever buy subs again?

As long as I'm not burnt out on the game then yes I'd get more subs. If all stats were 99 then I probably wouldn't, but I really enjoy not having to spend hours grinding out a skill when I can sub and accomplish what I want in minutes. It's not easy to find the time to play when you have work and a family so every minute counts lol

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

Eww Bald said:

RSC was LOADED with bots.   Partially why it was left to die

It was in the end but not when I started playing it wasn't. 

Anyway, that's beside the point.  The real question is maybe whether XP boosts are good for longevity or bad.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

fernung said:

Eww Bald said:

fernung said:

As long as I'm not burnt out on the game then yes I'd get more subs. If all stats were 99 then I probably wouldn't, but I really enjoy not having to spend hours grinding out a skill when I can sub and accomplish what I want in minutes. It's not easy to find the time to play when you have work and a family so every minute counts lol

Again, I totally get the not having time thing since I have little time to play, myself.  I just remember rsc being all about the grind and once you got your lvls you were like "what's next?".  Why not prolong it and keep people playing longer and getting more involved?  Good things don't come easy, right?

Player avatar

fernung Send PM

Eww Bald said:

fernung said:

Eww Bald said:

Again, I totally get the not having time thing since I have little time to play, myself.  I just remember rsc being all about the grind and once you got your lvls you were like "what's next?".  Why not prolong it and keep people playing longer and getting more involved?  Good things don't come easy, right?

The grind was fun the first few hundred times I attempted it lol, but I feel like the sub perks are what keep me playing this game instead of just playing OSRS or a different RSC server. It still has the semi-grind to it but I can still see progress for the time I'm able to play it instead of only getting a level or two every week (due to time constraints). Personally, I feel like there are enough skills and quests to keep me occupied for a very long time even with the gold+plat sub

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

fernung said:

Eww Bald said:

fernung said:

The grind was fun the first few hundred times I attempted it lol, but I feel like the sub perks are what keep me playing this game instead of just playing OSRS or a different RSC server. It still has the semi-grind to it but I can still see progress for the time I'm able to play it instead of only getting a level or two every week (due to time constraints). Personally, I feel like there are enough skills and quests to keep me occupied for a very long time even with the gold+plat sub

That's awesome. smile

Do you think you will still play actively a year from now?

Player avatar

fernung Send PM

Eww Bald said:

fernung said:

Eww Bald said:

That's awesome. smile

Do you think you will still play actively a year from now?

Possibly; a big thing for me is the android client. If it was only for PC then I could easily see myself logging in less and less as time went on (it happens with every PC game for me for some reason), but to be able to pull it up on my phone and play for ten minutes here and there helps keep me reeled in. I'm starting to get into the community more, which also helps keep me interested in the game and website in general

Player avatar

Tyrael84 Send PM

I'd suggest adding two new world's. A sub only world with F2P Pking only just like normal and a sub only world with P2P Pking.

World 1; normal.
World 2; additional world but only for subs
World 3; p2p Pking; subs only

The all items/areas/etc purely f2p brings new players in knowing they can enjoy the entire game for free. That's why I joined. But the reason I'll get sub here soon is because of the exp and I want to support the server.

Current system is fine, as a player, in my eyes. I don't know what the bottom line of the server is but I'm sure it pays for itself and then some.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

I don't play this game to level or to get items I play to pk. So I literally only train/skill if its dbl xp other than that I'll just pk. Cause that's what RSC is about.

Plus dbl xp allows me to make multiple pkers at different levels.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (10 Feb 2018 23:29)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

KizL said:

I don't play this game to level or to get items I play to pk. So I literally only train/skill if its dbl xp other than that I'll just pk. Cause that's what RSC is about
~K!zL

Wrong rsc is about mining duh

#1 MINER

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

manmadegod said:

Yes saying most ppl playing this are adults with kids and jobs the xp boost is nice. Hard to no life anymore lol.

Correct. Along with this, donations are marks of loyalty to a server. We want to ensure the stability.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]