Why Multilogging and Botting are Effectively the Same

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Vanillacoke said:

What is one ip gonna do anyways? I got a pc & 2 phones. Can play pc on wifi & each phone on own service so even with one IP there are plenty of ways around it. Can download an app to change IP. People could go to starbucks or anywhere else with free wifi and play one phone on service other off starbucks wifi and bam the multiloggers still gonna multilog. My point is regardless of whats done, they will still be able to multilog.

Those all sound like major pains to take in order to multi.  I don't think it would be worth all that.  It's fine anyway, I've decided to give up on doing any real pking here so congratulations multiloggers, you win!

Last edited by Eww Bald (25 Feb 2018 02:49)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

kweef Send PM

subscriber

Tell Akuma that..

Player avatar

big beef Send PM

i multi logg 2 accounts my main and a fisher. i dont like the multi logging either but you almost have to do it to keep up. i also dont like it because it gives a false amount of actual people online, it might say 100 players online but in reality theres like 25 people playing/multi logged which does suck and gives less interaction through out the game whether it be for pvm/pvp/skilling.

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

kweef said:

Tell Akuma that..

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

big beef said:

i multi logg 2 accounts my main and a fisher. i dont like the multi logging either but you almost have to do it to keep up. i also dont like it because it gives a false amount of actual people online, it might say 100 players online but in reality theres like 25 people playing/multi logged which does suck and gives less interaction through out the game whether it be for pvm/pvp/skilling.

# of unique players are almost always above 75% of the player count. It's not as bad as you think.

Player avatar

Josephine Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

I'd rather see a few guys around that answer me 50% of the time then no guys there at all. If multiloggin were not allowed not even ghosts would be seen :-(

Player avatar

Dunkonjordan23 Send PM

subscriber

in a way this dude has a good fucking point lol

[img]https://i.imgur.com/kk6e6Jq.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kiraush Send PM

subscriber

While I don't personally dislike multilogging, I can see why someone would make this post.

However, from what I've read, I feel you're bringing up the wrong negative effects that it could/does have.

Sure, being antisocial on 4 of 5 characters isn't the greatest thing, but the negative aspect that I see would be scenarios like:

A player with 65 mining can mine, lets say, 300 coal an hour.

Or, the same player, could make 5 alts to have 1 smithing/fletching/cooking/herblaw but shoot for adequate mining/woodcutting/fishing/etc stats to supply the main account with materials to level the appropriate skills.

In the example above, this would increase the individual players productivity from 300 coal an hour to 300*6 per hour, or 1800 coal per hour (effectively doing 6 hours of work in a single hour)

Obviously the number would be lower, taking into account some misclicks, and times one account will instantly mine the coal while another may take upwards of 7-10 seconds and fall a little behind, but you get my point.

To reiterate though, I don't particularly have a problem with multilogging. I am simply saying, I can understand why someone wouldn't particularly like it from an economic perspective.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Kiraush said:

While I don't personally dislike multilogging, I can see why someone would make this post.

However, from what I've read, I feel you're bringing up the wrong negative effects that it could/does have.

Sure, being antisocial on 4 of 5 characters isn't the greatest thing, but the negative aspect that I see would be scenarios like:

A player with 65 mining can mine, lets say, 300 coal an hour.

Or, the same player, could make 5 alts to have 1 smithing/fletching/cooking/herblaw but shoot for adequate mining/woodcutting/fishing/etc stats to supply the main account with materials to level the appropriate skills.

In the example above, this would increase the individual players productivity from 300 coal an hour to 300*6 per hour, or 1800 coal per hour (effectively doing 6 hours of work in a single hour)

Obviously the number would be lower, taking into account some misclicks, and times one account will instantly mine the coal while another may take upwards of 7-10 seconds and fall a little behind, but you get my point.

To reiterate though, I don't particularly have a problem with multilogging. I am simply saying, I can understand why someone wouldn't particularly like it from an economic perspective.

I see his point but also believe his view of the consequences are incorrect.
But we are bringing up a dead post
Also botting? not up in here, hes saying it like it happens all day. I would recommended deleting this thread by an uniformed person because it can scare away new players.

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Vanillacoke said:

What is one ip gonna do anyways? I got a pc & 2 phones. Can play pc on wifi & each phone on own service so even with one IP there are plenty of ways around it. Can download an app to change IP. People could go to starbucks or anywhere else with free wifi and play one phone on service other off starbucks wifi and bam the multiloggers still gonna multilog. My point is regardless of whats done, they will still be able to multilog.

Those all sound like major pains to take in order to multi.  I don't think it would be worth all that.  It's fine anyway, I've decided to give up on doing any real pking here so congratulations multiloggers, you win!

Who are you in game?

Player avatar

Edge Hs Spy Send PM

Theres different types of multilogging

Some multilog coz they know the opponent has multiple flats and its fun and gf no hard feelings. Might not do that to somone who obviously has 1 char and no connections yet. Thats the way it should be

some are really bad like nyx who comes and weakens you or use a second char with bow straight away without even trying to fight and call it 1vs1 with a straight face. Then misses first catch and talks shit... thats bein a lamer. People should just understand who theyre fighting and if its someone who obviously has 1 char only pls dont just log higher level RIGHT AWAY/TO PJ or more chars. Make it more fun for everyone.

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Edge Hs Spy said:

Some multilog coz they know the opponent has multiple flats and its fun and gf no hard feelings. Might not do that to somone who obviously has 1 char and no connections yet. Thats the way it should be

some are really bad like nyx who comes and weakens you or use a second char with bow straight away without even trying to fight and call it 1vs1 with a straight face. Then misses first catch and talks shit... thats bein a lamer. People should just understand who theyre fighting and if its someone who obviously has 1 char only pls dont just log higher level RIGHT AWAY/TO PJ or more chars. Make it more fun for everyone.

Someones mad LOL and I've not even played in a month

Player avatar

Logic4 Send PM

you will see a lot of people quit if you cant multi anymore

Player avatar

Edge Hs Spy Send PM

nyx6 said:

Edge Hs Spy said:

You were on today, you were on a few days ago, you were online atleast 4 different days past 10days playing for hours, I know you were away for 2 weeks but dont say you havent played for 4 weeks. We get it you havent logged every day like you used to but still why lie. Not mad, pking is dead anyways. Its 2 big teams. Most of the time its outnumbered one way and those huge flat wars are just boring as fuck. Just saying everyone knows thats your style of pking. I dont mind, I only have 1 flat but will have another one soon maybe next month. Sure, that cant compete with your 4+ but thats just the way you PK. Did I say something wrong? Did I lie? Just my experience, no one else does that.

Player avatar

hit em up Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Edge Hs Spy said:

nyx6 said:

Edge Hs Spy said:

You were on today, you were on a few days ago, you were online atleast 4 different days past 10days playing for hours, I know you were away for 2 weeks but dont say you havent played for 4 weeks. We get it you havent logged every day like you used to but still why lie. Not mad, pking is dead anyways. Its 2 big teams. Most of the time its outnumbered one way and those huge flat wars are just boring as fuck. Just saying everyone knows thats your style of pking. I dont mind, I only have 1 flat but will have another one soon maybe next month. Sure, that cant compete with your 4+ but thats just the way you PK. Did I say something wrong? Did I lie? Just my experience, no one else does that.

nyx is insane leave him alone

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Edge Hs Spy said:

nyx6 said:

Edge Hs Spy said:

as I don't really play peak time, the stupid numbers rarely affect me.

4+ erm Try 15 wink

I've played twice since back I was away 2 weeks, but then just can't find motivation to play.

As always your entire team is obsessed with me, and that everyone is me.

Also who are you?

Last edited by nyx6 (24 Jul 2018 07:17)

Player avatar

Edge Hs Spy Send PM

wow 15 holy shit

am new player, dont have a team, not obssessed with you

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Edge Hs Spy said:

wow 15 holy shit

am new player, dont have a team, not obssessed with you

By the name of what?

Player avatar

Edge Hs Spy Send PM

hit em up said:

Edge Hs Spy said:

nyx6 said:

yeah he has been online now with 5+ accounts. I played for a hour and he was on this entire time. tomorrow he will say he hasnt played for 5 weeks. Nyx btw my ingame screenname starts with I.

Player avatar

nyx6 Send PM

Edge Hs Spy said:

hit em up said:

Edge Hs Spy said:

yeah he has been online now with 5+ accounts. I played for a hour and he was on this entire time. tomorrow he will say he hasnt played for 5 weeks. Nyx btw my ingame screenname starts with I.

I been playing past 2 days