Custom projectiles for mage and ranged

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

After tinkering for a while I think these additions would look pretty neat if they were added. The ranged projectile could be modified to display each arrow type being fired I'm sure, but for now this is just a taster of what I achieved so far. Do you think these should be added to RSCR?

First off the magic projectile, the further it travels the more it changes colour. Similar to the @ran@ method.

Look closely, you'll notice as it travels further it flashes.

Now for the ranged projectile, firing a single arrow makes more sense than a random green splat right?

Thoughts?

Last edited by Shinobi (6 Feb 2018 21:14)

Best Ninja

Player avatar

PattyKane Send PM

subscriber

+1 to the range one for sure.

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

PattyKane said:

+1 to the range one for sure.

#1 MINER

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

I definitely liked the range aswell. +1 to that. Not so sure about the spell, of course it would be nice to see which spell player is using when they cast.

Lol...

Player avatar

PattyKane Send PM

subscriber

Semirotta said:

I definitely liked the range aswell. +1 to that. Not so sure about the spell, of course it would be nice to see which spell player is using when they cast.

Agreed. If range arrows are implemented, use old green range cast for earth spells. Red for fire, blue water, white for air.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

PattyKane said:

Semirotta said:

Agreed. If range arrows are implemented, use old green range cast for earth spells. Red for fire, blue water, white for air.

What about spells that uses a combination of fire/air etc.. maybe make the projectile red and white?

Best Ninja

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

It is common sense to do this.......

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

+1 Oh wait it's my post.. +2 big_smile

Best Ninja

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

its a cool idea to be sure. but to be honest just about everyone will only take a few days before they use the max level'd spells and arrows. Also this may bring up an excuse for more insults towards players who are not using the "best" arrows or spells.

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Vanillacoke Send PM

Could make a visual effect of each spell by category. Like death spells will have a grim reaper effect. Fire ones will be red reaper and so on. Blood spells will be a a pool of blood or something. God spells already have visuals.