Can we please have a poll to revert his tree fix?

Player avatar

snibzilla Send PM

subscriber

Magic logs have been more or less killed off by this fix on the trees. Is there any way we can have a poll to vote for this fix or to revert it back to the way it was before? Most people I have spoken to are not very happy with the fix, but then again I understand it's not my call to make. Is a vote at all possible? Thanks.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

The reason why those trees were fixed finally was because people made 1k magic logs in 1 hour which is ridiculous speed and dropped down the magic log prices rock bottom. Now their price goes finally up like they should be and people cant sit there for a day and have 20k logs.

Lol...

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Who was getting 1k logs an hour? Bank is too far for that to seem possible. Also the prices were about 600 a log. Sharks are 350-450 a shark, and I could fish sharks fairly fast, I can guarantee I could fish way more fish than logs, especially with the bank right next to the fishing spot.

Also, who cares what the price is for magics, you don't need to sell logs to make money at that lvl. You make magic longs and high alch them for profit, so the amount you make per log is set in stone.

I guarantee the price of Nats will go down due to a huge drop in the amount of logs on the market, so if you want to talk about prices falling and markets crashing, you need to take all things into consideration.  The change will affect much more than you think.

Also WCing is one of the few things we could do as a group with no hate felt towards each other. The only time I was aware that there was the ability to cut a tree when it didn't exist was when more than one person was cutting a tree. Basically it was acting as if you were the only person cutting. So it wasn't allowing everyone to get unlimited logs, just some people kept cutting for a random amount of logs. When a new tree popped and fell it would stop your cutting and give you a chance to start again. But more than likely you were not going to start over again.

This was very cool and like I said before, very group friendly which made woodcutting a social skill, which is needed in a competitive mmo.

This "bug fix" was not a fix. It ruined our fun, it was fun hanging out together cutting magics, and it benefited the community as a whole, by creating and stengthening bonds between players that otherwise would have never occurred in game.

I already made a post on this in the general section of the forums, would like people interested in the supject to please check it out, or a mod to merge the two threads. Thx.

Player avatar

DerpyMcDerp Send PM

Because of the way batching works, miners mine in cooperation,knowing everyone can get all the ores too, instead of mining against against each other and having to wait for the rocks to repopulate. If you're going to fix trees. Fix mining too. Piss everyone off.

It was a huge relief that this system allowed for everyone to get a fair shot at resources, and not have to hope you were the only one. Especially since you can't world hop to find a less populated area.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Except when you cooperate with mining, everyone gets 1. Just 1. You don't defeat the timer and respawn  it again. You still have to wait the minute, or 30, or whatever timer it has.

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

For people mentioning sharks. Food is fairly quickly consumed vs logs or ore. That is why fishing is made the way it is.

I'd think a solution could be 'special' trees and addition of guilds and special places that have higher requirements to access. OR! areas with more normal resources like someone mentioned, a woodcutting guild, but it cant be too many or we'd be back to where it was before the 'fix' needs balance.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Fortune said:

Except when you cooperate with mining, everyone gets 1. Just 1. You don't defeat the timer and respawn  it again. You still have to wait the minute, or 30, or whatever timer it has.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Billy said:

Fortune said:

This is a horrible example... how many places can you mine coal? And how many rocks are there? Now how many magics yew or any tree do we have to cut? Very few.  Also in regular rscrevolution, they are making ore inexhaustible soon. I have no idea how many magics there are and how that works atm, but we should be able to get logs much faster than regular rscrevolution just as our xp rates are higher here IMO. This is a private server where we shouldn't  feel like we are doing nothing but grinding IMO

No one has even touched the points I have brought up about the social aspect of it.

Last edited by Z Han Solo (20 Jan 2018 18:52)

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

TnT FoX said:

For people mentioning sharks. Food is fairly quickly consumed vs logs or ore. That is why fishing is made the way it is.

I'd think a solution could be 'special' trees and addition of guilds and special places that have higher requirements to access. OR! areas with more normal resources like someone mentioned, a woodcutting guild, but it cant be too many or we'd be back to where it was before the 'fix' needs balance.

Logs are used for fletching, and I have used way more wood than fish since creating my account. The price of fish is low and the price of logs is high, will be even higher now and Nats will be worth way less.

Player avatar

Rex1005 Send PM

Ive made almost all my friends at the magic trees. Now sadly seers is dead and so is most of my will too enjoy the game.

What people dont understand is yes youd get 2k logs per day, but then youd need to pick flax, spin flax, cut bows, string bows, and finaly alc them. All of witch would take 2 days for me anyways. The whole money gaining excuse is a load of crap. People where just seeing the wcers makeing money and wanted to put a stop too it.

I dont see a change happening and its kinda sad cause no more new friendships will come from wc. The skill has become like prayer. Once your 99 your done.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Z Han Solo said:

Billy said:

Fortune said:

This is a horrible example... how many places can you mine coal? And how many rocks are there? Now how many magics yew or any tree do we have to cut? Very few.

No one has even touched the points I have brought up about the social aspect of it.

You're right, it is a horrible example. The two really aren't comparable. You need coal for the majority of the smithing skill tree. Of course there are going to be a bunch of rocks. In some ways, coal is more like flax, but you can stand in 1 spot and get infinite flax. I get it sucks nerfing Wc, but why are we actually complaining? Because they fixed a legit bug and now it's harder. Needing more trees is different discussion. Back on original you had 30 something servers, so you really had 100 or so mage trees. We have but one server, so I can see the argument for more trees.

Player avatar

Rex1005 Send PM

I also seem to remeber a few months ago people complaining about the high price of magic logs.

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Fortune said:

Z Han Solo said:

This is a horrible example... how many places can you mine coal? And how many rocks are there? Now how many magics yew or any tree do we have to cut? Very few.

You're right, it is a horrible example. The two really aren't comparable. You need coal for the majority of the smithing skill tree. Of course there are going to be a bunch of rocks. In some ways, coal is more like flax, but you can stand in 1 spot and get infinite flax. I get it sucks nerfing Wc, but why are we actually complaining? Because they fixed a legit bug and now it's harder. Needing more trees is different discussion. Back on original you had 30 something servers, so you really had 100 or so mage trees. We have but one server, so I can see the argument for more trees.

If you think this is my only argument, and that I am just bitching because I like things easy for me, then you are just ignoring everything else that I have said. I am going on 1500 TS after a month an a half on this server and I am by no means lazy or wanting things to be just easy mode. There is so much more to this than making magics easy to get.

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Fortune said:

Z Han Solo said:

Also you brought up a good point about the different worlds. I was trying to remember how I didn't have a horrible memory about getting 99 fletch and it was because of this very reason. We had unlimited trees damn near. When the trees were gone, just change to another server. I made a majority of my money from this and rune crafting natures.

Player avatar

Fortune Send PM

subscriber

Z Han Solo said:

Fortune said:

Z Han Solo said:

If you think this is my only argument, and that I am just bitching because I like things easy for me, then you are just ignoring everything else that I have said. I am going on 1500 TS after a month an a half on this server and I am by no means lazy or wanting things to be just easy mode. There is so much more to this than making magics easy to get.

I am ignoring the rest of what you said. Each skill does have its group and you may lose some people, but wc isn't the glue that is holding the server together. You click once and can still get numerous logs. They didn't get rid of the queue, they just stopped the bugged respawn. There is still time to chat during cutting and waiting for spawn, you aren't constantly clicking instead of socializing.

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Fortune said:

Z Han Solo said:

Fortune said:

I am ignoring the rest of what you said. Each skill does have its group and you may lose some people, but wc isn't the glue that is holding the server together. You click once and can still get numerous logs. They didn't get rid of the queue, they just stopped the bugged respawn. There is still time to chat during cutting and waiting for spawn, you aren't constantly clicking instead of socializing.

If you are correct, where are the crowds? Is everyone on vacation?

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Comparing Magic logs to coal... How about comparing magic logs to Rune ore? That is much more fair.

Coal takes 30 mining, How many willow trees are there? That's more of a fair comparison. Willow logs are cheaper than normal logs, I used them for fire making.

Comparing apples to oranges here.

Player avatar

Z Han Solo Send PM

Let's compare it to official  servers WCing where you can change servers for fresh trees, effectively  multiplying the amount of trees.

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Just started cutting some logs myself, its god awful

Heading back to team territory to get some real logs l8er gators

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

EddBerkel Send PM

I just wanna add to that I am greatly disappointed by the change. I understand that you need to balance the economy, but is there a different way this can be accomplished? Some ideas...

1. While cutting magics, have it so sometimes your axe will break and you will either need to repair it or purchase a new one.
2. Lower the amount of money earned from alching magic longs?
3. Possibly have a max limit on how many logs can be retrieved from 1 tree? So someone doesn't have 10 accounts all getting a bunch of logs.
4. Limit the number of ip's that can cut magic trees at the same time

I'm not sure what the best answer is, but it really feels like our wood cutting community was taken away.