Legends quest release

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mod Cola said:

GLeU said:

I've personally done legends quest on classic 3 times and twice on rs2. It's extremely tedious and annoying. Honestly not happy that all my accounts cant use iban anymore because of this dumb quest.

Not having Legends done does not stop you from using Iban.

On RSC you had to walk back to charge it....

On rsc NOBODY used It because of that very reason.

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Should add a level 1400+ skilling area tongue Seperate from the Legend's guild. Then just have legends a req for legends, maybe nerf the area to better fit legends req.

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Obviously as we can see, disabling access immediately is going to piss everybody off. Completing every quest is a tremendously awesome feat for a private server...the problem though, especially here, is that legends quest requires 108 quest points and a bunch of skills to even start it. While people appreciate the effort from the programming aspect, not everybody has the time or desire to undertake such a large task.

There's two solutions that are both fair in my opinion. I can't speak from experience because I have no characters with 1400+ skill total, but I can speak from observation and speculation:

1. Leave the 1400 skill total access as it is, and add special bonus area(s) that can only be accessed upon full quest completion. This keeps everybody happy, and the people that take the time to complete every quest in the game earn a nice bonus, which quite obviously is well-deserved.

2. As Admin Uncle stated, allow access with 1400+ total for now and eventually eliminate it, requiring (but giving) people time to do the quest. Allowing people to buy rights for D Sq and legends cape is fine as is, but it should not allow access to the guild.

Personally I think option #1 will provide the most positive response from the community, and will give questers something additional to look forward to when they complete every quest in the game.

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

Synbios said:

Obviously as we can see, disabling access immediately is going to piss everybody off. Completing every quest is a tremendously awesome feat for a private server...the problem though, especially here, is that legends quest requires 108 quest points and a bunch of skills to even start it. While people appreciate the effort from the programming aspect, not everybody has the time or desire to undertake such a large task.

There's two solutions that are both fair in my opinion. I can't speak from experience because I have no characters with 1400+ skill total, but I can speak from observation and speculation:

1. Leave the 1400 skill total access as it is, and add special bonus area(s) that can only be accessed upon full quest completion. This keeps everybody happy, and the people that take the time to complete every quest in the game earn a nice bonus, which quite obviously is well-deserved.

2. As Admin Uncle stated, allow access with 1400+ total for now and eventually eliminate it, requiring (but giving) people time to do the quest. Allowing people to buy rights for D Sq and legends cape is fine as is, but it should not allow access to the guild.

Personally I think option #1 will provide the most positive response from the community, and will give questers something additional to look forward to when they complete every quest in the game.

As it is now letting people with 1400 enter is fine, but I think the Legend guild's perks are not worth the hefty skill total. The best thing about it is the forge and anvil. Instead the 1400 skill total should be moved to a new area with better perks than just a convenient anvil and forge. See 'Max Guild' post in suggestions I explained the idea more there. Basically remove the forge and anvil from the Legend's guild and make a 'guild' that is more fitting of such a high skill total, then have the guild just for legends quest.

Player avatar

aperio1 Send PM

How can people say they got shit on for 1400 the game required legends your all just lazy to do the quest u would have eventually had 1400 skill point in times I don't see the point in crying .... I know the reap reason it the quest quit being lazy shouldn't have changed IMO once legends released people.knew this was coming an had time to prepare they just didnt

Last edited by aperio1 (20 Jan 2018 17:03)

Player avatar

MrMellow Send PM

subscriber

If making quest the only requirement there should really be 2 blk demons and dragons again

Player avatar

TnT FoX Send PM

aperio1 said:

How can people say they got shit on for 1400 the game required legends your all just lazy to do the quest u would have eventually had 1400 skill point in times I don't see the point in crying .... I know the reap reason it the quest quit being lazy shouldn't have changed IMO once legends released people.knew this was coming an had time to prepare they just didnt

I have 1400 and quest cape, personally I don't think the Legend's guild is good enough for the pain it is to get 1400, I did it for a clue scroll. Leave Legends to legends and make a custom 1400 area big_smile :et's make rscrevolution great again!

Player avatar

boysoul Send PM

subscriber

Synbios said:

i like the 1st one but in my oponion ppl saying 1400 hard 1400 total is easy really dont need a guild for 1400 if there should be a new "skill" guide make it a max guild then ppl got something to look forward to and after maxing

Player avatar

big stake Send PM

I understand the idea of wanting to gp sink, good for economy etc. But honestly it costs almost 10m to build a 61 staker for plate rights, klanks, axe, and now 5m for d square rights? Killing the server and staking in general rip rev, heading in the wrong direction.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

big stake said:

I understand the idea of wanting to gp sink, good for economy etc. But honestly it costs almost 10m to build a 61 staker for plate rights, klanks, axe, and now 5m for d square rights? Killing the server and staking in general rip rev, heading in the wrong direction.

+1

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

It's not about sinking gold, it's about people who put all the time and effort into doing all the quests so they can wield the items.   Should not be free just because you want to stake.  Pay for what others work hard to earn.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Mod Cola said:

It's not about sinking gold, it's about people who put all the time and effort into doing all the quests so they can wield the items.   Should not be free just because you want to stake.  Pay for what others work hard to earn.

Except staking accounts if they suck you have to make a new one so... yea.. kinda does mess with staking.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (24 Jan 2018 08:28)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

aperio1 said:

Lazy? im 99 smithing, 99 mining? 1450+ skill total on my 1 def account, I was once in a time the highest skill total hybrid pker around... And u call it lazy? LOLD. No, i dont find it satisfying doing quests... running around like a monkey, i enjoy skilling and PKing, not reading and running.

And i've been around/spent more time than most of the people playing right now into this server/game. Thanks for input tho

Last edited by Trupk3r (26 Jan 2018 01:41)

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

Trupk3r said:

aperio1 said:

Lazy? im 99 smithing, 99 mining? 1450+ skill total on my 1 def account, I was once in a time the highest skill total hybrid pker around... And u call it lazy? LOLD. No, i dont find it satisfying doing quests... running around like a monkey, i enjoy skilling and PKing, not reading and running.

And i've been around/spent more time than most of the people playing right now into this server/game. Thanks for input tho

Anyone who goes past 1400 skill total, is not lazy. It takes time and effort to reach that, especially if you spend on it just few months tops.
Imo all quests are way easier to complete than 1400 skilltotal tongue

Legends access should be possible if you had either 1400 skill total or all quests, we should have that choise. I am really pissed off for not being able to wear my dragon square anymore tbh. . .

Lol...

Player avatar

HankBlockHitta Send PM

subscriber

Mod Cola said:

+1

No face, No case!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Mod Cola said:

Except staking accounts if they suck you have to make a new one so... yea.. kinda does mess with staking.

~K!zL

a solution could be allowing players to request stat resets on staking accounts. so they can remake there shakers but not have to pay for quests.

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

lame

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

AxisFreak Send PM

subscriber

Normally I don't have any issues so I rarely post on the forums. I think this update is completely unnecessary. Why are we changing things that are already fine? Whatever happened to "If its not broke, don't fix it". This is a prime example of over complication. There was no need to change the requirements for the Dragon Square Shield. This is unfair to players who already put in the time, effort and gold to get this item.  I love this server and love the people that come with it. It sucks to  return to the server after a month break just to realize that I've pretty much had privileges revoked for no reason. I'm tired of  putting in hours and hours of time just to have everything I've been working towards changed a week down the road to cater to a select few. Pick standards and stick to them. Constant change of requirements is unfair to players who have already committed to your server.

She called me a D Square so I gave her that D Long

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

How many quests do you have left to do? Legends is a requirement for the dsq shield in RSC. We chose to release dsq ingame years ago without the quest, rather than leave that item out. If you want to use the item without completing quests, you can buy permissions from Mad Zeonk.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Alikben1 Send PM

subscriber

AxisFreak said:

Normally I don't have any issues so I rarely post on the forums. I think this update is completely unnecessary. Why are we changing things that are already fine? Whatever happened to "If its not broke, don't fix it". This is a prime example of over complication. There was no need to change the requirements for the Dragon Square Shield. This is unfair to players who already put in the time, effort and gold to get this item.  I love this server and love the people that come with it. It sucks to  return to the server after a month break just to realize that I've pretty much had privileges revoked for no reason. I'm tired of  putting in hours and hours of time just to have everything I've been working towards changed a week down the road to cater to a select few. Pick standards and stick to them. Constant change of requirements is unfair to players who have already committed to your server.

Well, because it was broken. Everyone knew that Legends quest is coming and therefore there will be the changes regarding the dsquare shield/legends guild/legends cape. Most of you should know that the way of rscrevolution classic wasnt always easy and you had to work for the things you wanted.  Besides, Rscr have created you an easier way, to purchase the rights.

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtvph_0EfnUoRet965eMm6xXYNSWuDN6DaG8sMDQsxjRg8kfxF[/img]