HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Billy said:

@S O B, the Revenant has a chance to drop the same rare as you get from completing the quest. Only, people who obtain it as a drop from the Revenant will get to equip it first.

So... what happened?  You guys did exactly what you said you wouldn't, put out a rare that will be hoarded by a few pker's... and then made the skiller friendly rare non-tradeable... both really bad decisions in my opinion.  I enjoyed the quest and everything about this update otherwise.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

S O B BSpace said:

Billy said:

@S O B, the Revenant has a chance to drop the same rare as you get from completing the quest. Only, people who obtain it as a drop from the Revenant will get to equip it first.

So... what happened?  You guys did exactly what you said you wouldn't, put out a rare that will be hoarded by a few pker's... and then made the skiller friendly rare non-tradeable... both really bad decisions in my opinion.  I enjoyed the quest and everything about this update otherwise.

too funny

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Billy said:

Agreed, this idea is totally stupid. at the end of event it will be  3-4 pkers with like 10+ masks and everyone else 0.

Last edited by joe dirt (28 Oct 2017 23:05)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

Did either of you bother to click the map showing where the Rev is? It's in a 1v1 zone, everyone has a chance to go get one, they offer you free casts, rune sets and potions to have a shot at that and you still cry?

i'm fking done rofl this is too good

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

When the FREE SETS start this week, there will be NO EXCUSES for all to not rise up and take on the Revenant themselves!

There will be nothing to lose but our (temporary rune) chains!

Remember, all temporary food, sets, talismans, potions etc will be wiped when the event ends midnight November 5th.

If we break 300 online, I will have to do a massive drop party some time this event. And another for every 100 thereafter.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

antiman Send PM

subscriber

Anyone know why server is down?

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

joe dirt said:

The effort put in is +1.  Thanks for all the hard work

-1 on the free PK supplies  way to fuck the hardworking skillers of this server 
-1 a rare only dropped by an npc in the wilderness, will be 3-4 ppl with like 10+ and everyone else with 0

Bro, I love you but sometimes I seriously can't tell if you're trolling or not. Skillers get way more stuff than the people who only PK, like skiller events with 1m+ in prizes majority of the time, every single day as one example and so much more like double xp on their skills... That most pkers don't care about. These pkers just like to PK and they deserve something epic to do for events too, man. We need to give them some nice treats also. The free pk stuff is a great thing because it will allow the skillers a chance at the mask without having to worry about losing their gear. It also will show them the thrill and fun of pking so that they can experience it without losing their things. And if they're worried about K/D, you now can sub it down to 0/0 at Mad Zeonk In Edgeville. The Revenator is only roaming around in the 1v1 side of the wilderness anyways so no people cant multi you. The event is only a week long thing and it wont affect the economy. The rune sets, talisman, pots, food will all vanish when the event ends. It's just a holiday event and just some fun that I can guarantee that %98 of players like. Hence our 280+ Player count today. lol

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Mod Cash said:

joe dirt said:

The effort put in is +1.  Thanks for all the hard work

-1 a rare only dropped by an npc in the wilderness, will be 3-4 ppl with like 10+ and everyone else with 0

Bro, I love you but sometimes I seriously can't tell if you're trolling or not. Skillers get way more stuff than the people who only PK, like skiller events with 1m+ in prizes majority of the time, every single day as one example and so much more like double xp on their skills... That most pkers don't care about. These pkers just like to PK and they deserve something epic to do for events too, man. We need to give them some nice treats also. The free pk stuff is a great thing because it will allow the skillers a chance at the mask without having to worry about losing their gear. It also will show them the thrill and fun of pking so that they can experience it without losing their things. And if they're worried about K/D, you now can sub it down to 0/0 at Mad Zeonk In Edgeville. The Revenator is only roaming around in the 1v1 side of the wilderness anyways so no people cant multi you. The event is only a week long thing and it wont affect the economy. The rune sets, talisman, pots, food will all vanish when the event ends. It's just a holiday event and just some fun that I can guarantee that %98 of players like. Hence our 280+ Player count today. lol

Okay fair enough. and damn you just owned me.  Ya i was unaware of the rev only being in a 1v1 area. 
-1 on the free PK supplies  way to fuck the hardworking skillers of this server  - Yes this was troll.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

nyx3 Send PM

Great, much better idea for the double sub, than making just weekend.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Mod Cash said:

joe dirt said:

The effort put in is +1.  Thanks for all the hard

Love to read things like this <3

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

We are proud to announce

Free Rune PK Sets (Temporary)

The Cursed Warrior in Edgeville has come from back in time when rune was purple to give free PK gear!
The gear has stats same as rune and will disappear when the event is over.
Everyone should PK or hunt the Revenant in the wilderness now, with nothing to risk!
92e7aed5ff43b3dd63b72f89903c2757.png

With free food (pumpkins), unlimited runes (talisman), free potions (witch's brew), and now the free PK gear, there's no more excuses! Grab your friends and fight the Revenant in east wilderness now!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Billy said:

We are proud to announce

Free Rune PK Sets (Temporary)

The Cursed Warrior in Edgeville has come from back in time when rune was purple to give free PK gear!
The gear has stats same as rune and will disappear when the event is over.
Everyone should PK or hunt the Revenant in the wilderness now, with nothing to risk!
https://i.gyazo.com/92e7aed5ff43b3dd63b … 3c2757.png

With free food (pumpkins), unlimited runes (talisman), free potions (witch's brew), and now the free PK gear, there's no more excuses! Grab your friends and fight the Revenant in east wilderness now!

wish there was an f2p pot. lol

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Mod Cash said:

I see where you guys are coming from and how you arrived at the decision, but I still disagree and will explain why.

The free pk stuff is a great thing because it will allow the skillers a chance at the mask without having to worry about losing their gear. It also will show them the thrill and fun of pking so that they can experience it without losing their things.

There aren't many, if any, skillers that haven't experienced pk'ing quite a bit.  You're not showing them anything new, they just don't LIKE pking.  Billy saying "There's no excuse not to get out and pk", uh... yea there is, we don't LIKE IT.  It's not fun for us.  Most skillers are very wealthy and could give two shits about losing a set of rune.  That's not the reason we're not pking.  It's just placing content that all players would like to have, and giving it to pkers only.  I tried to go fight rev on several occasions, it was pointless, I quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to get a single kill and was NO FUN AT ALL.  It doesn't matter that the zone is a 1v1 if I can't get to rev at all.  Giving skillers free rune is like giving a dwarf free Jordan's and telling him to get in there with NBA players, "no excuses".

And if they're worried about K/D, you now can sub it down to 0/0 at Mad Zeonk In Edgeville.

Not a fan of solutions that are just "pay us some money".  I personally don't care about K/D though.

Skillers get way more stuff than the people who only PK, like skiller events with 1m+ in prizes majority of the time, every single day as one example and so much more like double xp on their skills... That most pkers don't care about.

Skilling events and double exp create more people skilling, which bring more pk resources into the economy, fueling pk'ing.  Having pk events creates more demand for skiller resources, so pker events can definitely be a positive.  But when you provide free food, pots, gear, and spells it pretty much screws that up...

It's just a holiday event and just some fun that I can guarantee that %98 of players like. Hence our 280+ Player count today.

Everyone loves the aesthetics, new quest, double xp, etc.  Yes, the holiday event is great, but it's not due to the revenant.  That's what most people are complaining about in-game.  And player count has dropped considerably once most people used up their 2x xp and completed the quest, so revenant was not the driving force in player count, as we're back to around 150 now.

My proposed solution is to add more ways to get the black mask.  Keep revenant drops, but also add the drops to other NPC's or create other fun ways to obtain it that don't force players to play the game in a way they don't want to.

Again, this is just a specific issue I have with one aspect of the event, but otherwise love all the effort and results of the devs.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

^ amazing, hilarious, lolz, would real again, 12/10

100+ people in wild last night, tons of random azz skillers farming the rev and running around the castle and other wildy areas trying out PKing

you wouldn't know because you spent the last 24 hours writing that post. it's also a week day at 4pm GMT where most UK / USA / CANADA players are still at work and school. weekend had 200+ all day long because most people have nothing to do at the weekends.

you are well and truly a dumb fuck

Last edited by Team Hollywood (31 Oct 2017 16:25)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

So you're mad pkers finally get a holiday?

~K!zL

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

S O B BSpace said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

If you sensed any anger while reading my post, it must have been a reflection of yourself.  I said several times I'm happy with the event, and wanted to provide constructive feedback.

Yea, I get that but it's just your point of view. You're trying to speak on behalf of skillers.. When it's simply not the case dude.

Only thing that reflects on me is my sexy bod.

~K!zL

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

KizL said:

S O B BSpace said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

If you sensed any anger while reading my post, it must have been a reflection of yourself.  I said several times I'm happy with the event, and wanted to provide constructive feedback.

Yea, I get that but it's just your point of view. You're trying to speak on behalf of skillers.. When it's simply not the case dude.

Only thing that reflects on me is my sexy bod.

~K!zL

I can only speak for myself AS a skiller.  Of course it's opinion... everything anyone says here is opinion.  I didn't appoint myself chancellor of skillers or anything.

EDIT:  I re-read the post and shouldn't have used "we" and "us", I agree it looks like I was speaking on behalf of others, so I should have just said "I".

Last edited by S O B BSpace (31 Oct 2017 17:24)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

all good fam. smile I did understand just was like uhhhh lol

~K!zL

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

YWT1BCT.png

@Paul

Nuff said, (I'm sure he won't mind me saying this) Recon is major skiller, quester, clue scroll god - definitely not a PKer, look at him giving it a go. Maybe I'll update this post later with photo's of all the other skillers running round the wilderness too

Player avatar

Ruathain Send PM

S O B BSpace said:

Mod Cash said:

I see where you guys are coming from and how you arrived at the decision, but I still disagree and will explain why.

The free pk stuff is a great thing because it will allow the skillers a chance at the mask without having to worry about losing their gear. It also will show them the thrill and fun of pking so that they can experience it without losing their things.

There aren't many, if any, skillers that haven't experienced pk'ing quite a bit.  You're not showing them anything new, they just don't LIKE pking.  Billy saying "There's no excuse not to get out and pk", uh... yea there is, we don't LIKE IT.  It's not fun for us.  Most skillers are very wealthy and could give two shits about losing a set of rune.  That's not the reason we're not pking.  It's just placing content that all players would like to have, and giving it to pkers only.  I tried to go fight rev on several occasions, it was pointless, I quickly realized I wasn't going to be able to get a single kill and was NO FUN AT ALL.  It doesn't matter that the zone is a 1v1 if I can't get to rev at all.  Giving skillers free rune is like giving a dwarf free Jordan's and telling him to get in there with NBA players, "no excuses".

And if they're worried about K/D, you now can sub it down to 0/0 at Mad Zeonk In Edgeville.

Not a fan of solutions that are just "pay us some money".  I personally don't care about K/D though.

Skillers get way more stuff than the people who only PK, like skiller events with 1m+ in prizes majority of the time, every single day as one example and so much more like double xp on their skills... That most pkers don't care about.

Skilling events and double exp create more people skilling, which bring more pk resources into the economy, fueling pk'ing.  Having pk events creates more demand for skiller resources, so pker events can definitely be a positive.  But when you provide free food, pots, gear, and spells it pretty much screws that up...

It's just a holiday event and just some fun that I can guarantee that %98 of players like. Hence our 280+ Player count today.

Everyone loves the aesthetics, new quest, double xp, etc.  Yes, the holiday event is great, but it's not due to the revenant.  That's what most people are complaining about in-game.  And player count has dropped considerably once most people used up their 2x xp and completed the quest, so revenant was not the driving force in player count, as we're back to around 150 now.

My proposed solution is to add more ways to get the black mask.  Keep revenant drops, but also add the drops to other NPC's or create other fun ways to obtain it that don't force players to play the game in a way they don't want to.

Again, this is just a specific issue I have with one aspect of the event, but otherwise love all the effort and results of the devs.

Agree there should be various means of obtaining the black mask.