Stat changer for Wilderness

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Greetings PKers!

I have had this idea for two years or longer, and have brought it up at different times in different topics but I still think that this is the way to go with wilderness.
Hear me out!

Everything would work just as things work now, you'd train your combat stats and the highest stat you can have is the level you have gained experience for.

But here's the idea, you would be able to modify your "Wilderness" stats through a new interface as long as you're outside wilderness.
This interface would allow you to:
1. Deposit experience from a stat. This would lower your stat level and store your experience taken away in that stats experience bank.
2. Withdraw experience to a stat from that skills experience bank.

Pros:
This new system would allow everyone to participate in action, where they otherwise couldn't because they are too high level. This is a major benefit.

Downsides:
??

We could run this system for a weekend, as a trial. If it doesn't work we just ditch the idea and move forward. If it works, we keep it.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I'm pretty sure many of us have stated in the past that we would like a turnip style of system. I'm all for it. I'd love to pk at other levels but i just can't be fucked to level.

Player avatar

iamtheironman Send PM

downsides is that everyone who has ever used a sub to reset stats is pissed they spent subs to lower it back down

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

We'll do the final decision about this in a week, this thread is the poll. Keep your feedback about it!

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

I love this style - been playing on 5t0rk the last lil' bit, much more fun with flexible stats.

Do it, and I'd come back tbh.

Last edited by White Walker (1 Oct 2017 21:56)

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Will you be able to do a 1 99 1  mage from a 40 30 99 char? Or can you just go as high as your original stat youre modifying?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

Not sure it will work, people will just keep upping there stats above the current pkers.

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Stolt Archer said:

Will you be able to do a 1 99 1  mage from a 40 30 99 char? Or can you just go as high as your original stat youre modifying?

Hopefully the latter..shouldnt be able to transfer xp, only lower that same skill below the max you have it leveled to.   Could be interesting, so if you had a flat, you could then use just him at any lvl as they are all high enough, just remove 99 attack down to 40, def to 1, keep str and keep hp and be around lvl 63 (lowering magic and prayer too).  When done at that level, revert back to flats..

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

ReconOne said:

Stolt Archer said:

Hopefully the latter..shouldnt be able to transfer xp, only lower that same skill below the max you have it leveled to.   Could be interesting, so if you had a flat, you could then use just him at any lvl as they are all high enough, just remove 99 attack down to 40, def to 1, keep str and keep hp and be around lvl 63 (lowering magic and prayer too).  When done at that level, revert back to flats..

Agreed

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

I think it's a cool idea but it will kill the servers in come after everyone trains 2 flats there's no need for training anymore

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

I think a valid gold membership should be required to use the stat changing feature. as this will greatly reduce the requirement of having to train multiple accounts.

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

i3lunt t0k3r said:

I think it's a cool idea but it will kill the servers in come after everyone trains 2 flats there's no need for training anymore

I agree

Player avatar

Tyra Send PM

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

i3lunt t0k3r said:

And what good comes of training more than 2 accounts? None... More time training means less time spent PKing, more time questing for items just to be able to PK means less time spent PKing, less time spent PKing means less resources get used, negatively effecting skillers who sell their items to PKers... Training combat is the most ridiculous thing left in this shitty ancient game, anyone who would rather people mindlessly stare at their screen watching themselves AFK for hundreds of hours just to finish one account to go and PK with should really give their head a shake and wake the fuck up. This server has a great playerbase, the largest infact of any server but probably the least PKing.

Make it so the player must be gold subbed to use the stat changer, watch the server pop, simple

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

S l u r p e e Send PM

Yeah going to lose a lot of money if this goes live. No reason to buy subs if you need 1 character. Might be a good idea to make it where you have to buy a sub to use setstats command

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

+1 that would be epic besides the whole I've made 3 pures that wouldn't be worth poop anymore. But I'm OK with it.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

KizL said:

+1 that would be epic besides the whole I've made 3 pures that wouldn't be worth poop anymore. But I'm OK with it.

~K!zL

As long as the re-allocation of stats adjusts the HP to the value it would have been to have just achieved those levels, pures that have trained longer for higher hp xp will still have the advantage.

example:

If you level normally to 40-1-99 and 34 pray, you would have 87hp (no extra str training for more hp xp) and you would be level 61

My lvl 62 guy has 94 hp (lots of rats) 40-1-99-94-34pray

If they made it so a flat could turn into a 40-1-99-99-34 (or 31 pray w/e) that would be crap since a regular guy doing that would take around 90,000 rat kills (my guy has Rat(Lv:13) kills    64348 @ 94 hp). 

Would really just help those out who dont have a guy every 10 levels, if they are out on a flat and see a bunch of 50s playing, they can lower stats to be that lvl and go pk, if 80s hop on they can raise it to 80s levels and go, can try out different builds too on a single person, 99-1-99 60-40-99 etc etc to find something they like without having to level one of each up.

TLDR
Have HP adjust with stats for what calculator shows = pures still have better hp stat if they trained it.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

I could see that, earn the right to have that advantage and it can carry over with it

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

I have had a ton of fun and love everything else about this server so far but I -

Hate this idea. Been playing about 2 months and put a ton of my effort into making a main/flats and also different level Pker's with desired stats and spent a lot of RL money on subs. I should now (and when they are all finished witch most are not) reap the rewards of putting in the work to have the different level pkers. It's also a bullshit slap in the face to let a flats drop his def to 1 where as a guy who put in the work to get huge str/attack and keep 1 def had to do a lot more work. Or a pure ranger for example.... LOL

Further more the update that came out a week or 2 ago to buy quest weps/items with out having to do the quest but pay a large amount of gp instead is absolute garbage if you follow through with this crap idea. This is all a huge waste of money (ate up about 10 mil of mine) if i can just lower my flats with quest cape down and use the items anyway!!

Making pures/alts has always been a HUGE part of RSC. This update has no place in this game except for some lazy people who don't want to put in a little bit of work to have desired pking stats. I also don't see it as being fun to have everybody always have the option to walk to castle ten levels higher than you...

Lastly using this thread as the poll is a shit idea as well. Do a real poll as is being done with the rings. I've been pissed about this topic and haven't been playing/subbing as it might all be for nothing as 99 percent my play time is now on new pkers and pking on current pkers. Point of last sentence is: I've been actively thinking about this since seeing it mentioned by Billy in game and I only just noticed this thread today.

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

One more point- Everyone keeps acting like requiring a sub to use feature will do anything at all to keep RL income coming into game. Most everybody subs their main's already and then also subs the alts they are working on. There will without a doubt be a LOT less subbing if this goes live.