Team Highscores, New Market, Shortcuts and More! (Patch Notes May 16)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi all, staff and especially n0m have been working hard on this patch, posting developments in the development log section so you could see our progress. Check it out!

Table of Contents

1) Team Highscores

2) New and Improved Marketplace

3) Agility shortcuts

4) Performance and stability

5) Quick-Option NPCs

6) Misc. Bug Fixes and Updates

7) Final Thoughts

1) Team highscores

Navigate to Community -> Team Highscores. Now every player can clearly see which team is the most dominant in the wilderness, in team deathmatches, and in skills!

You will even be able to keep track of individual team members using this feature, to see who is pulling the most weight for their clan.
b4ab5153089c043037efbc5f77e22b8b.gif

2) New and improved Marketplace

The most notable change to our Market in Edgeville (formerly Auction House), besides the new and improved GUI, is the addition of a “buy items” tab where players can post offers for items they’d like to buy. In addition, when clicking on the item on sale, the text input focus will automatically switch to the “amount” field. We also added market history viewing and better collectable information for when your listing gets sold/bought (see below). Also since the Market code is further optimized, it puts even less of a load on the server even though it has so much more functionality!
9af64a3d82bbbbbb574350b6febb5f89.gif
4e09e88511f5b90c84fe5335f07ce6a2.png
60da141519aa95e303d02c0702a307fb.png

3) Agility shortcuts

We have added fourteen new agility shortcuts to the map, rewarding players who trained their agility. The shortcuts range from requiring 20+ all the way up to 95+, and span the whole map.

Click to expand this menu to see the screenshots and information regarding these new useful shortcuts.

New agility shortcut locations, reqs, info (click to show) ▼

4) Performance and stability

Our new logging system uses less disk space, and no longer depends on transmitting massive strings of information. Logs now directly reference the associated player’s profile in the database for a much smoother experience.

Most importantly, n0m has implemented parallel processing for the server client updating task which should mean a massive improvement on server performance compared to our old sequential client updating. In addition, n0m fixed a few dozen errors that would break functions or log your character out, or cause the server to skip ticks and lag, and one bug where high amounts would freeze server processes.

5) Quick-Option NPCs

Self-explanatory. We all know RS2 got at least SOME things right.
375288e5da292e55bb9dfa2cc90f4b9f.gif
192368dbc6e26a4c50957df38e48f9dc.png

6) Bug Fixes and Updates

Wilderness::
-Changed 1 ip wilderness system radius to 24 sq from 15 sq.
-Fixed: Aborting obelisk teleport freezes player
-Fixed KD not displaying correctly
-Fixed bug where you would get stuck at deathmatch arena. If disconnected after battle win, all loot will be automatically transferred to your bank, and you'll be teleported out.
-Added low walls in landscape file to make character walk on top of obelisk platform when clicking obelisk, rather than walking to side

Client:
-New scrollable interface that can be used for anything, currently used for market history, collectable notifications, later will be used for team bank logs.
-Fixed scroll bar going out of boundaries
-Fixed bug on text fields being hard to click
-Fixed Visual glitch with adding/withdrawing from bank
-Fixed client registration username having spaces removed unintentionally
-Fixed Limiting objects in sight caused gnome maze to have invisible objects.
-Fixed chat box getting stuck if you switch application while having keyboard open.
-Fixed login screen displaying subscription days left wrong.
-Fixed batch menu can get messed up and refer to wrong item/requirements
-Tweaked rendering - around 3-4 more FPS give or take   
-Camera scroll and rotate will require you to hold your finger for 100ms before it will do anything.
This is to fix accidental scrolling when trying to click
-Fixed bug with camera rotation and scrolling, where it would click after action up.

Quests, minigames:
-Grip will teleport out of the room if you cant reach him
-Underground pass obstacles spam fix.
-Made swamp paste and flour stock at trawler store 300
-make the guardians at last stage of evil dan miniquest halve prayer
-Dragon Axe checks for Heros finished to be equipped
-Quest Cape teleports require 100 quest points
-Misc. Dialog typos
-Typo fix, and Waterfall never had action programmed to it.
-Railing damage fixed from 10 to 3

Content:
-Fixed bowstringing removing 2 bowstrings to string one bow
-Made cooking the swamp paste and seaweed batched
-Content: poison antidotes (Implemented drinking and effects)
-Fixed Subscriptions not registering right away
-Fixed Equipment System: Shouldn't be able to wear gauntlets with platebody
(You can still wear gloves if you want! But we've brought back the Plate vs. Chain+Gaunts strategy that is so old)
-Fixed: Equipment System: Iron mace disappearing while equipped on logout.
-Fixed Examine description for Custom rings.
-Salarin the twisted will weaken you if you attack him and not only when he attacks.
-Shadow spider prayer drain modified to wiki information.

Backend:
-Player Profile snapshot system allows for viewing and restoring character’s save state from nearly any time.
-Completely remade backend system for staff use, more robust logs, optimizations

Final thoughts

Thanks for reading our patch notes! Please keep in mind that there are so many more things we are planning on adding or changing, and we couldn’t possibly have put everything we wanted into this one patch. So stay tuned into the Development Logs for future updates!

This thread will be moved to Update Logs in the following days.

Best regards,
Billy, n0m, Mod Uncle, and RSCRevolution Staff

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

ot Send PM

subscriber

Im just curious why it was decided to make stringing bows use two bow strings? Other than that everything looks great. Good work.

Player avatar

Oopsie Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

Solid KD, Tractor

Well done Uno and co, you officially formed the shittest squad in the history of rscrevolution Classic

+1 nice update

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

ot said:

Im just curious why it was decided to make stringing bows use two bow strings? Other than that everything looks great. Good work.

Other way around, when you had two bowstrings in inventory but only one bow, it would use up the 2nd bowstring before checking to see if there was a 2nd bow. It's fixed now, and I rephrased the bullet point so it's less confusing.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Shinobi Send PM

subscriber

On point here guys. Good work, can't wait to test it all out!

Best Ninja

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I did some more tweaks, should feel less delay on walking.. at least I had less delay, tell me if theres lag issues and ill work more on it.

Player avatar

Arya Starkz Send PM

subscriber

+1 Brilliant update!

Winter Is Coming!

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

On the team highscores, it doesn't seem to show agility when you go to an individual team.

But great update! Always knew RSC GODS would be #1, just not by this much big_smile

Player avatar

Badboy666 Send PM

subscriber

+1 great update, it had been a while since last one.
But: -Territory is still laggy when pking (less, I must admit, but still)
-Woulda really liked seeing black dragon-catherby shore shortcut, woulda been pretty much only one I would use.. Reaper one is nice though
-When checking a team alone, it doesn't show their overall lvls (says 1, 0exp)
Other than those lil tweaks, solid update pushed. big_smile

Rest in peace Eric. You will Always remembered. May you guard Wilderness forever
-Baphomet, Smokablunt, BluntToker, Annabelle and many more.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Badboy666 said:

+1 great update, it had been a while since last one.
But: -Territory is still laggy when pking (less, I must admit, but still)
-Woulda really liked seeing black dragon-catherby shore shortcut, woulda been pretty much only one I would use.. Reaper one is nice though
-When checking a team alone, it doesn't show their overall lvls (says 1, 0exp)
Other than those lil tweaks, solid update pushed. big_smile

I went there and walking seemed fast/snappy for me, so I need to know better what I'm looking for and what kind of situations it happens in.

Player avatar

ot Send PM

subscriber

Just walked through Ardougne and saw the log bridge on the mini map, but not in game. Just a heads up.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

ot said:

Just walked through Ardougne and saw the log bridge on the mini map, but not in game. Just a heads up.

I'm aware of this but thanks for reporting. There was an issue where the log bridges were giving more XP than intended (you're supposed to do laps around a course, not spam the same object!) so I removed them until I get a chance to hotfix the issue.

For the time being, I think you can walk over where the bridge was just with normal walking so there's that at least.

Player avatar

ot Send PM

subscriber

okay great, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it. It didn't bother me.

Player avatar

Reines Send PM

subscriber

remove 1 ip wild. 1 ip for Territory and 24 squares surrounding is fair with a 3 minute buffer.

Squaaaaddddd

Player avatar

Honour Send PM

subscriber

Epic patch guys! Very impressive +99

Peace over anger.
Honour over hate.
Strength over fear.

aka. punKrockeR

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I am very excited for all the agility shortcuts and the team highscores. I'm going right now to see how RSC Gods ranks in fishing.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

market place meh, where are all the ideas I had for a year or more now.
List of herbs, cut gems etc etc. So many items are hard to find and dont have classifications.

Ty for setting it so it automatically sets the cursor to price every time +10000!!

SOME items still defaulting to amount sad

Last edited by runeknight95 (17 May 2017 02:16)

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

runeknight95 said:

market place meh, where are all the ideas I had for a year or more now.
List of herbs, cut gems etc etc. So many items are hard to find and dont have classifications.

Ty for setting it so it automatically sets the cursor to price every time +10000!!

SOME items still defaulting to amount sad

I read your post and wanted to add more types and implement your other suggestions but I forgot after I started fixing other issues hmm

Player avatar

biggyrsps Send PM

nice update mate

Player avatar

Zeldar Send PM

Nice and big updates, gj tongue