Fishing Trawler Guide!

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

Hello everyone! I'd like to introduce to you, the Fishing Trawler mini-game!

Located in Port Khazard, just North-East of Yanille which you can reach by teleporting with a charged dragon amulet.

You need a minimum of level 15 fishing to play.

The mini-game takes 10 minutes to complete.

33mssif.png

First off, you'll want a Bailing Bucket which will be used to bail-out water that is filling this raggedy old boat.

Secondly, you will need rope to repair the nets otherwise you will no longer be catching any fish with a torn net. Probably caused by all the rusty swords and junk that gets caught up in them. 15-20 rope are recommended to complete the mini-game if you want to continue catching fish.

Finally, you will need swamp paste to fill the leaks that are attempting to sink your boat. I know what
you're thinking, we need to get a better boat.

15mmfc0.png

Don't worry! All these materials can be purchased at the nearby general store in the port.

11gj1aq.png

If you're tight on gp's and want to make the materials yourself,

Rope can be made by collecting 3 balls of wool and asking Captain Ned in Draynor village to weave them for you. He will also sell them for 15gp each. Sounds like a lot of work.

10oo0mt.png

Swamp paste can be made by collecting swamp tar just east of Draynor village, mix it with some flour and cook it over fire or an oven. Considering you'll be using your bare hands to cook this stuff, I'll leave that up to you to figure out. Sounds messy and terrifying.

2u5yg55.png

2aew0fb.png

vimbrc.png

mbthlg.png

Starting the mini-game you need to talk to Murphy, he's the captain of the sea. Also, he's the most useless one.

foonid.png

Once you've spoken to him, you will have a chance to change your mind and go back to the port during a 60 second timer.

2f04uww.png

After that timer is finished, the old captain is in your way, unhelpful and just reminds you when HIS boat is sinking into the sea. Thanks a lot Murph.

28hpzew.png

We're going DOWNNNN!!!

14awmx3.png

With no help from our friend Murphy, you end up sinking and are unable to collect your fish, thus failing the mini-game. I suggest you bring a friend, unless you're like Uncle and Kronik who seem to be expert Trawlers.

2vw78dw.png

This mini-game allows you to level-up your fishing skill while having the opportunity to catch many different types of fish, most notably sea turtles and manta rays which are only found playing Fishing Trawler.

Don't forget to collect your bounty from the nets on the docks. For me, it was empty because Murphy is an utter failure. I take no responsibility.

2872fyg.png

Here's the Catch!

Shrimp, fishing level 1

Fresh from Bubba Gump inc.

Sardines, fishing level 5

Anchovies, fishing level 15

Tuna, fishing level 30

Lobsters, aka ''lobs'' aka ''lobbies'' fishing level 40

Not fresh, but frozen from our friendly Red Lobster Restaurants.

Swordfish, fishing level 50

(Food allergy warning required by the FDA)

Shark, fishing level 76

Sea Turtle! fishing level 75 requiring level 82 cooking and granting 20 hit points when consumed.

So majestic, our ancient sea creature, makes delicious stew.

Manta ray, fishing level 81 requiring level 91 cooking and granting 21 hit points when consumed! Nice!

The brains of the operation, having the largest of all fish. I'm sure that would make a great stew as well. Mmm BRAAAINNNS!

You may also catch some very unique items;

Oysters, which occationally contain pearls that can be crafted making pearl-tipped crossbow bolts. Granting fletching experience when crafted with regular crossbow bolts, these have the same power as mithril arrows.

Buttons, for your one and only shirt that's never washed.

Broken arrows, broken staves, ceramic remains, an old boot, rusty swords, broken glass and damaged armor. All very useful if you're into hoarding odd items. They do provide VERY little experience so don't be so disappointed when that's majority of what you've fished out of your nets.

Here is a thread where players post their trawling achievements and videos to give you a better idea of the mini-game.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8584

Thank you for reading! Hope to see you all sailing the seas!

Last edited by PolarBear (3 Oct 2016 20:34)

Player avatar

Mod Tru Send PM

mod

Very well written to introduce people to the fishing traweler, i sticked your topic. Thanks bud & ALL of you enjoy the TRAWELING!!

[img]http://oi64.tinypic.com/2vma6x4.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

PolarBear Send PM

subscriber

Thank you!

If anyone is looking for a ship-mate just PM me in-game, I'm always willing to play!

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

i lolED ty for guide

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Neox Send PM

I am always down to do this mini game. Pm neox. I can do it solo but duo is way harder (but more fish). If anyone wants to come with their alts then just add me.