Reminder: Use a Unique Password!

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi,

It has come to our attention that other rscrevolution Private Servers have experienced a data breach. Unfortunately, some of our players use the same password here as elsewhere regardless of server or game version.

If you are one of these players, CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD TO SOMETHING UNIQUE IMMEDIATELY. We deeply value your security and privacy as a player, and so should you! You should also change your RSCR password(s) if you have not done so since November 2016.

RSCRevolution has not been affected in this case, thanks to our professional and dedicated staff. Our developers are vetted thoroughly to ensure that they can be held to the highest standards, and share in our core philosophy to elevate the game in every way. 

If you have any lingering questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out here or on Discord.

See you in-game,
Billy

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

What a bunch of clowns on that other server >_>

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

Just an fyi for you guys. It has been found that it is fate (ex owner of both major servers) and 2 others that were trying to access other servers. They didnt get past altering the website before they were shutdown. Keep your eyes out for odd things, as it is possible he may try here as well. Seems he is out to get those who found success where he could not. while 2 servers he started are running strong. And he sits at home wondering what he will eat next.

He has no access to any current database, only the ones he has from a year ago here and months ago there. Everyone is safe, unless you have a password that is very old, to the point it is in database he has ownership of.

That guy is pure scum. I am sorry that you ever had to deal with him n0m. Keep up the hard work!

Player avatar

Rex1005 Send PM

So if ive been using the same username and password for like a decade or more i shude change :s this is my first privet server my other rex1005 account was threw rscrevolution

Player avatar

fmlbruh Send PM

subscriber

Only if u made ur acc here over a year ago.

Player avatar

Rex1005 Send PM

Oh okay tyvm. I started here about 4 months ago so im good big_smile

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

No. It was not me. They are trying to frame me for the hacking.

I would love to know how the hacking was done, what they have found out by the logs and etc, theres absolutely no proof that it was me, just theories.

RSCL has crypted passwords with SHA512 + salt and a private key with hmac. I wouldn't spend my time bruteforcing them...

I haven't done anything towards RSCR either and I had the database from the get go, no hacking what so ever, and RSCR had a very poor encryption so it would take anyone 1 second using any online password cracker for their algorithm (they do have a better encryption today).

Anyways, you can think whatever you want, you can frame me for whatever you need so it feels better for you. But next time instead of just throwing out theories, post solid proof.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Fate was an owner and developer here and we have not had any breach, so there is no reason to point fingers. We have had a relationship of mutual respect.

Staff has had to post something like this every year, due to players using repeat PWs. Just use different passwords between game servers guys!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Mod Coney Send PM

fmlbruh said:

Only if u made ur acc here over a year ago.

Nerd

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

Adios Fate. Hope your new life is better.

Player avatar

threeeyez Send PM

Yes I have learned this the hard way, always use a unique password especially one different from any other servers for the same type of game. People will never hesitate hack you, especially nowadays, internet is riddled with scammers and hackers.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane."

Boromir Send PM

Ah yes. I think different passwords can be very important.

I don’t do it though.

Last edited by Boromir (1 Mar 2024 01:16)