Lava Maze Buff, Legends Guild Nerf

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

The Lava Maze Dungeon, which you might remember as the location of the Mysterious Furnace that hardens rune armor, has just received a buff:
-Three black dragons total (added one)
-Four black demons total (replaced the greaters)

But the Legend's Guild, while still a very attractive place to skill (and will only be made more elite with the addition of new skills and quests), was too convenient for how close it was to a bank. As such we made the following changes to the dungeon:
-One black dragon total (removed the red dragons)
-Two black demons total (removed one)
-Fire giants unchanged but,
-A poison spider spawns at the base of the stairs

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

buff all npcs

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

I never post on forums, or try to get involved in any of this stuff. I log on and skill - and that's pretty much it. But, that being said:

I don't see the logic behind nerfing legend drags...

As far as proximity to bank its pretty well negated by the webs and all the mobs in between. If you're going to bank bones it is way faster to use a mule at tavelry dungeon and trade across water... or heros guild w/quest cape... or blue drags in wild. All I've ever seen people doing there is range training w/o banking.

If you're going to nerf legends guild maybe can we at least get a tele there now? Easter egg tele or quest cape maybe?

Edit: And if the lava maze buff is supposed to be some sort of incentive to go into wild... it's not. Why would I go farm black drags in the lava maze?? It has the longest bank trip of any drags in the game (I think?) and I'm probly gonna get killed on the way. I'd go train range there, but I'm not gonna bring tons of arrows just to get pked and lose them. Maybe it would be useful for black demons but you'd still be better off farming in tav dungeon either way.

And just my 2 cents... If you're trying to make the wild more active, providing incentives for skillers to go into it is not the way to go about it.

1) Many skillers (like myself) will still not go, even if there are major advantages. I don't want to deal with the stress and added complications of wild, regardless of what advantages there are. I've never been to territory or hotspot or whatever it is, and I have no intentions of ever attempting it (yeah, this is probably just me).

2) All you're doing is bringing in a bunch of non-pkers, who are going to either 3 item, run away at any sight of danger, or just be an easy kill for pkers. Either way, doesn't add anything to the pk scene.

Last edited by dippymister (12 Sep 2017 03:30)

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

dippymister said:

I never post on forums, or try to get involved in any of this stuff. I log on and skill - and that's pretty much it. But, that being said:

As far as proximity to bank its pretty well negated by the webs and all the mobs in between. If you're going to bank bones it is way faster to use a mule at tavelry dungeon and trade across water... or heros guild w/quest cape... or blue drags in wild. All I've ever seen people doing there is range training w/o banking.

If you're going to nerf legends guild maybe can we at least get a tele there now? Easter egg tele or quest cape maybe?

Edit: And if the lava maze buff is supposed to be some sort of incentive to go into wild... it's not. Why would I go farm black drags in the lava maze?? It has the longest bank trip of any drags in the game (I think?) and I'm probly gonna get killed on the way. I'd go train range there, but I'm not gonna bring tons of arrows just to get pked and lose them. Maybe it would be useful for black demons but you'd still be better off farming in tav dungeon either way.

And just my 2 cents... If you're trying to make the wild more active, providing incentives for skillers to go into it is not the way to go about it.

1) Many skillers (like myself) will still not go, even if there are major advantages. I don't want to deal with the stress and added complications of wild, regardless of what advantages there are. I've never been to territory or hotspot or whatever it is, and I have no intentions of ever attempting it (yeah, this is probably just me).

2) All you're doing is bringing in a bunch of non-pkers, who are going to either 3 item, run away at any sight of danger, or just be an easy kill for pkers. Either way, doesn't add anything to the pk scene.

Go farm in taverly dungeon then.

Player avatar

pajser91 Send PM

dippymister said:

Agree

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hero's guild in RSC had a blue dragon, we buffed it to a red dragon (Mod Reptar).
Legend's guild had none of those high level npcs to farm, but here it has four fire giants, two black demons, a bunch of shadow warriors which drop weapon poison and high level herbs, and a black dragon. The black dragon and black demon can be ranged from the same spot. All four fire giants can be ranged through the wall!

So there is plenty that could still be nerfed from legends guild but I think it is at a good place now, and will get less crowded as skills and quests are added.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

J25PkWL.jpg

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

But the Legend's Guild, while still a very attractive place to skill (and will only be made more elite with the addition of new skills and quests), was too convenient for how close it was to a bank. As such we made the following changes to the dungeon:
-One black dragon total (removed the red dragons)
-Two black demons total (removed one)
-Fire giants unchanged but,
-A poison spider spawns at the base of the stairs

Thank god for that, plus KBD is boosted hopfully more return to the wild

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

https://i.imgur.com/J25PkWL.jpg

How would you know if you NEVER go to the wilderness. I've seen tons of random kids in wildy since this update. All you've done in the last 2 years is rush / no life so you can go sit in Legends on your accounts and farm and never leave whilst you collect all your supplies on your mule. Throw your toys out the pram more bud. Legends still OP but of course you'd cry about a dragon and demon being removed

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Pretty decent now that you can range demon and drag from the same spot. tongue

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

dmm Random said:

S O B BSpace said:

How would you know if you NEVER go to the wilderness. I've seen tons of random kids in wildy since this update. All you've done in the last 2 years is rush / no life so you can go sit in Legends on your accounts and farm and never leave whilst you collect all your supplies on your mule. Throw your toys out the pram more bud. Legends still OP but of course you'd cry about a dragon and demon being removed

I'm on 4 accounts in wildy right now and have been out here the last 3 days...  but how I choose to play and enjoy this game shouldn't concern you at all, really.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

dmm Random said:

S O B BSpace said:

I'm on 4 accounts in wildy right now and have been out here the last 3 days...  but how I choose to play and enjoy this game shouldn't concern you at all, really.

Yeah mate I know ur a beast sell me a pass

eYFkNkb.png

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hold up. The main reason for nerf is that legends was overbuffed, bank nearby and best spot of all the others.

Not saying that one of the reasons for this wasnt hopes of increased wilderness and KBD activity but it was not the main reason for the nerf.

Player avatar

Chedster Send PM

If a person has 80 agility then wouldn't taverly dungeon black dragons be closest to bank? Also if you have 70 agility you could say pipe to blue dragons is close to bank too considering that you can pass through the wall behind west fally bank.

Last edited by Chedster (2 Oct 2017 04:26)