pve propped gear

Player avatar

Cocor Send PM

We need more gear with pve special properties
We have a few such as poison and anti dragon breath shield.   Hp steal or confuse chance to monsters on our weapons for example. poison resist or magic resist, even stat restore could help.  This could have people train with a variety of weapons if they did certain things
Maces could daze
Axes steal hp
Staff confuse. And so on
These are just examples open for suggestions or criticism

i would really like to so the hp steal most of all but maybe to counteract afk trainers a bit i thought you would have to wear a full set head to toe to gain a bonus?
since people 3 item or less in wildy for the good xp

Last edited by Cocor (29 Jul 2017 22:54)

Player avatar

Aqua Send PM

Player avatar

Noliferqt Send PM

+1 (resists for bossing)

also add more endgame bosses xD!

Last edited by Noliferqt (2 Sep 2017 21:04)

rscrevolution.com aka. Nolifer <terrisluts>
normal rscrevolution aka. S a y u m i <Maxed>
[img]http://sig.rsbandb.com/s/78/S%20A%20Y%20U%20M%20I.png[/img]

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

+1

I'd like to see some new high level gear or expensive enchantments we could add to gear to do some of this...

- Something that makes all monsters no longer aggressive
- Something that increases range of bows and/or mage
- Add poison to a regular weap (pve only and ludicrously expensive, maybe a charging system)
- Add automatic weakens/curses to regular weap (pve only and ludicrously expensive, maybe a charging system)
- Auto bury bones (ring?)
- Store high alch runes in a weapon/piece of armor (ludicriously expensive)

Player avatar

Mod White Send PM

Cocor said:

We have a few such as poison and anti dragon breath shield.   Hp steal or confuse chance to monsters on our weapons for example. poison resist or magic resist, even stat restore could help.  This could have people train with a variety of weapons if they did certain things
Maces could daze
Axes steal hp
Staff confuse. And so on

i would really like to so the hp steal most of all but maybe to counteract afk trainers a bit i thought you would have to wear a full set head to toe to gain a bonus?

You mean barrows?

Player avatar

Noliferqt Send PM

dippymister said:

+1

I'd like to see some new high level gear or expensive enchantments we could add to gear to do some of this...

So essentially, you want things that makes you able to AFK across even more skills.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

dippymister said:

+1

- Add poison to a regular weap (pve only and ludicrously expensive, maybe a charging system)
- Add automatic weakens/curses to regular weap (pve only and ludicrously expensive, maybe a charging system)
- Store high alch runes in a weapon/piece of armor (ludicriously expensive)

I would like to see more items but these suggestions are awful.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Fair enough - this is why I stay away from forums lol.

Player avatar

The Craft Send PM

dippymister said:

Fair enough - this is why I stay away from forums lol.

Some of the most interesting thoughts I've seen in a while actually.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Noliferqt said:

dippymister said:

+1

So essentially, you want things that makes you able to AFK across even more skills.

I don't see how these would contribute to AFKing outside of the auto bury bones... Making monsters no longer aggressive would be helpful for people farming high level monsters so they can get their ducks in a row (alch drops, id herbs, etc.) in between mobs.
Range of bows would make safespotting mobs easier, plus helpful for reaper.

Auto bury bones would help afkers yes, but what if it cost, say, 20m gp? A lot of people probably aren't willing to pay that to auto bury dbones/big bones. They'd rather spend the 20m on dragon bones and bury in wild with double xp. Probably enough to get 99 or close to it. But for a dedicated skiller going for overall xp, it could be worth it over time.

When I say ludicrously expensive I am talking about 20m+, possibly more.

Player avatar

Cocor Send PM

dippymister said:

Noliferqt said:

dippymister said:

+1

I don't see how these would contribute to AFKing outside of the auto bury bones... Making monsters no longer aggressive would be helpful for people farming high level monsters so they can get their ducks in a row (alch drops, id herbs, etc.) in between mobs.
Range of bows would make safespotting mobs easier, plus helpful for reaper.

Auto bury bones would help afkers yes, but what if it cost, say, 20m gp? A lot of people probably aren't willing to pay that to auto bury dbones/big bones. They'd rather spend the 20m on dragon bones and bury in wild with double xp. Probably enough to get 99 or close to it. But for a dedicated skiller going for overall xp, it could be worth it over time.

When I say ludicrously expensive I am talking about 20m+, possibly more.

economy changes so cant hold a price but only way i see this being fair is you have to pick them up to be autoburied

Player avatar

Cocor Send PM

Mod White said:

Cocor said:

Maces could daze
Axes steal hp
Staff confuse. And so on

You mean barrows?

i had to google what barrows was lol
never knew about it my ideas are just from previous gamesi  use to play, mostly xenimus

Player avatar

monk Send PM

dont make it more like a rs2 its allready waytoomuch.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

monk said:

you act like you have to use any new gear brought into the game. stop trying to hold the game back

Player avatar

CrowdKilla Send PM

subscriber

Mod White said:

Cocor said:

Maces could daze
Axes steal hp
Staff confuse. And so on

You mean barrows?

Barrows or something like barrows would be amazing.

Player avatar

monk Send PM

GLeU said:

monk said:

you act like you have to use any new gear brought into the game. stop trying to hold the game back

Well people play this game for nostalgia, this aint even close that anymore, i dont get the nostalgia fealing when i log in on this server. I dont mind since i dont even play this game anymore. Gleu why you have to be allways so negative

Last edited by monk (19 Sep 2017 14:37)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

IRL trash talk removed

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Noliferqt Send PM

monk said:

Well people play this game for nostalgia, this aint even close that anymore, i dont get the nostalgia fealing when i log in on this server. I dont mind since i dont even play this game anymore ...

I would have to agree with this, I came back to rscrevolution Classic from retail just to play rscrevolution Classic and get to relive and experience anything from oh-so tedious tasks to funny tryhard pk-kids throwing insults at each other, and while I do see the need for some quality of life improvements plus some extra, it does feels like the server is somehow moving in a direction were it ceases to be nostalgic - in attempts to please everyone.

So the question is how much is too much? And by pleasing the current population, are we infact limiting a potential population?

Last edited by Noliferqt (23 Sep 2017 01:57)

Player avatar

Tobe Send PM

I don't think that many of you realise when this server was going in the replica direction, the playercount was pretty dry.
RSC was a game of many flaws. Tbh I like most the add ons to the game. Banking,Noting,Clue scrolls,Batching etc

Player avatar

Tobe Send PM

I want to add that sure - replica was a nice idea. But it just does not work with 100 people on

n0ms been doing a good job.

Last edited by Tobe (23 Sep 2017 11:04)