Sept '17 Newsletter (Development Sneak Peak and POLL)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Thank you everyone for your feedback! We can't get enough of it so please do not hold back smile

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

The PUBG concept looks dope! I'd play that.

Rc and slayer would be awesome.

Oh and make fort open 2hrs every 6 hours.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

CrowdKilla Send PM

subscriber

YES TO RUNE CRAFTING. Holy shit that'd be amazing! Minus the whole nerfing how much runes monsters drop.

Last edited by CrowdKilla (13 Sep 2017 00:31)

Proxicity Send PM

subscriber

I am 100% in favor of Runecrafting.

I once was a good boy. There. That's my signature. I dunno man,

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Nice most of this looks good but  -1 Runecrafting.  you want runes? hit up some greater demons or fire giants they drop enough as it is.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Ardo Send PM

subscriber

joe dirt said:

Nice most of this looks good but  -1 Runecrafting.  you want runes? hit up some greater demons or fire giants they drop enough as it is.

Enough for teleporting?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

There are so many updates coming up, so I forgot to mention. The remaining quests Digsite and Legends Quest are being replicated and are coming up shortly.

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Ardo said:

joe dirt said:

Enough for teleporting?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Exotic Dance Send PM

subscriber

You should not limit the time frame in which fortress is available, if you want more people in general, this is only going to make people log in twice a day versus actually trying to grind resources for longer durations of time. It's too in favour of pkers and not balanced with skilling as originally intended because skilling/farming/grinding takes time to gather the resources and materials. Double resources was a good draw in the original, coupled with the fact that you could farm safely as a skill team, with a pk team protecting the entrance as long as your pk team could hold out against the opposition. This forced larger teams to compete for the area. Including having to gear up to protect the resources even while on the skill team because you didn't want to go home empty handed after farming for an hour. It also opened the community between skillers and pkers, and they began to communicate more and make friends and biz partners they would not have otherwise had. Old fort was just better. It lost it's spark because it has not been good or served the purpose for skillers, so it's just the same old pkers going round and round killing the same guys with no fresh activity because they complained until it became balanced in their favor instead of fair for all types of players

Last edited by Exotic Dance (15 Sep 2017 13:08)

Player avatar

Evil Man Send PM

subscriber

been wanting to return to the game but waiting for slayer... also yes please to runecrafting.

Player avatar

FiredUpNatsu Send PM

I don't pvp at all, but that minigame sounds exciting. I love to skill lol so having Runecrafting and Slayer would be so awesome! I'd love to have 2 new skills to work on! big_smile Thanks!!

Player avatar

FiredUpNatsu Send PM

Exotic Dance said:

You should not limit the time frame in which fortress is available, if you want more people in general, this is only going to make people log in twice a day versus actually trying to grind resources for longer durations of time. It's too in favour of pkers and not balanced with skilling as originally intended because skilling/farming/grinding takes time to gather the resources and materials. Double resources was a good draw in the original, coupled with the fact that you could farm safely as a skill team, with a pk team protecting the entrance as long as your pk team could hold out against the opposition. This forced larger teams to compete for the area. Including having to gear up to protect the resources even while on the skill team because you didn't want to go home empty handed after farming for an hour. It also opened the community between skillers and pkers, and they began to communicate more and make friends and biz partners they would not have otherwise had. Old fort was just better. It lost it's spark because it has not been good or served the purpose for skillers, so it's just the same old pkers going round and round killing the same guys with no fresh activity because they complained until it became balanced in their favor instead of fair for all types of players

I really agree with this as well. As stated in my last post, I don't pvp, so I don't go to the fortress. If it were more accessible without getting slayed again and again as a naked player just trying to gather material, it would be enjoyed by more people.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Yes to PUBG, i hope it's the beginning to many more closed world type battles, especially team based, like capture the flag and node holding.  I already know this is basically a certainty, but how about we not be forced to go into wildy to make runes in rc?

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

FiredUpNatsu said:

Exotic Dance said:

I really agree with this as well. As stated in my last post, I don't pvp, so I don't go to the fortress. If it were more accessible without getting slayed again and again as a naked player just trying to gather material, it would be enjoyed by more people.

>.<<<<<<<<<<

Player avatar

Demoplan Send PM

subscriber

I'm a little late to the party, but I'd love to see Runecrafting as well.

Player avatar

R4PTOR Send PM

When i first started playing, i was amazed at the sheer price of every single item posted to AH. I could buy feathers from 3 shops at a couple gp each and resell for 100+ each! It was amazing because people actually bought the stuff. Flax, magic logs, coals and fish sold like crazy, and things where good. The cogs of the economy machine were well oiled and running great. This was fantastic as every rare is absurdly expensive.  Even the more useful rings are over the 1m mark.
Then a shift happened. Everything slowed down. Items started to expire more often. Prices plummeted.  People stopped buying the flax and magic logs. Even dragon bones have been down to 3k in the past week or so. I have a friend who spent 2 days trying to offload discounted coal. Finally managed to find a buyer.

One of the best things i ever did for gp was farm fire giants for various runes. The biggest appeal of this server for me was the fact that it was rscrevolution without the pay wall, and triple exp gains. No endless grindfests to be found unless you have a 99 lvl goal. So being able to farm for an hour or so and walk out with 200k+ worth of stuff for semi afk work was huge! When the update to the mage arena shop dropped, i watched first hand every single rune type fall in price. All but 3. Law. Blood. Nature.

Now the talk is on runecrafting... i could go on and on in detail about how this is bad for the economy. Skillers get the items pkers need. Its a cycle. By throwing in RC, itll disrupt the cycle even more than the rune shop did.

With all that said, there is no 1 cause to the disruption of ah. No 1 update did it. Every economy has its ups and downs. Id just like devs to keep in mind that without end game rares, there is no material goal. Without the gp to buy said rares, theyll become a myth. And when that happens, auction house will lose its purpose, and phats wont mean anything.

<(^_^<) <( ^_^ )> (>^_^)>

Yum bb

Player avatar

S l u r p e e Send PM

Map showing players will need to be different for deadman. You pk everywhere so people will know where you are and attack.

Player avatar

S l u r p e e Send PM

Map showing players will need to be different for deadman. You pk everywhere so people will know where you are and attack.

Player avatar

Mr R I C H Send PM

I come here for nostalgia would not like Runecrafting in RSC would throw off the vibe for me personally.

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

#whitegloves

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules