PVP casting feedback, seeking developer input

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

First off, I love it - gives PKing far more competitive feel. Not at all overpowered in F2P as some thought it might have been, fits very nicely

There's something that's bugging me though and that's bugged me for as long as I can remember and I been PKing here a long time now, it's to do with the delay on casting when you're leaving 3 rounds of combat in wilderness PVP (or world, considering DMM now). For example:

1. Player A and Player B enter 3 rounds. At the end of 3 rounds, Player B disengages from combat first
2. Player A can then continuously cast Player B while Player B has a delay of '2 ticks (2 seconds it feels like)' before he can cast again, the delay seems to end when ready to reattack.

On Pyru's server, neither player could cast when disengaging from 3 rounds of combat. Both players had to wait X amount of time after leaving 3 rounds till you can cast again. On Im(no)posts(er)'s game, there is no delay for either player once leaving combat on casting - no matter who leaves first either player can fire off shots at each other. On this server, whoever leaves first is generally at a disadvantage because they can't get shots off while being fired at, it's happened many times, I run and it feels like a TV show buzzer is going NUH UH when I click the spell on them, it just does nothing while they're pew pew'ing everywhere

Is it intentional? Unsure if it was a work around to stop a specific bug happening or something, I kno this isn't rly anything major, it's not urgent or game breaking. It's just something I've noticed mainly when 1v1'ing, not so much in team PKing because generally in team PKing when your opponent runs you'd be more worried about catching them and/or making a good enough run to get away rather than worrying about a couple of extra casts. I'm just curious more than anything why it's like it is on here and requesting could we possibly have no delay to cast for either player when leaving combat. I hope I explained it well enough for dev or a staff member to know what I'm on about I could get it on vid tho if necessary

TLDR:

IF YOU RUN FROM 3 ROUNDS OF COMBAT IN PVP, YOU CAN'T CAST YOUR OPPONENT AFTER YOU'VE RUN AWAY FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS, BUT YOUR OPPONENT CAN GET 2-3 SHOTS OFF ON YOU IF THEY'RE A GOOD CASTER LEAVING THE PERSON WHO EXITS 3 ROUNDS AT DISADVANTAGE, PLZ CAN WE HAVE IT SO THERE IS NO DELAY FOR EITHER PLAYER ONCE EXITED 3 ROUNDS OF COMBAT ON CASTING

Other thoughts:

Keep up the good work +1

Last edited by dmm Random (17 Aug 2017 13:01)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

It's not intentional. I'll look into it.

EDIT:
Will be fixed in next restart!

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Everyone should be able to cast as soon as they retreat as it was in RSC

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

Nyx said:

Everyone should be able to cast as soon as they retreat as it was in RSC

I don't recall it being like this - and yes, I played the original - I'm open to being wrong though (I don't have access to my old account, Ice56 any longer) can someone capture this in a video on the orig server?

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Hi, If you look at old screen shots of kills it will say, "your opponent is retreating" and the pile is under you, this is because they were casted dead on run.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Player avatar

yoyo y0z Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

It's not intentional. I'll look into it.

EDIT:
Will be fixed in next restart!

GJ man. It's bugged me for as long as I can remember lol

Thanks

I am good at cleaning toilets

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

Nyx said:

Hi, If you look at old screen shots of kills it will say, "your opponent is retreating" and the pile is under you, this is because they were casted dead on run.

This actually occurred when the cast killed vs the mele hit.

Player avatar

nyx2 Send PM

White Walker said:

Nyx said:

Yes but it was because you could cast as soon as they ran, here you can't

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

nyx2 said:

White Walker said:

Nyx said:

Yes but it was because you could cast as soon as they ran, here you can't

It was just a known bug, in terms of a misprint.. would also happen if you killed with range.