Mod abuse

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

I was getting all the way event spawn camped at castle by wut2 and am best pk after they killed me couple times in castle at rats. Killed me training at rats and spawn camped me at event tele as it was late at night and i couldn't get away. I tele'd back multiple times with event trying to get back into castle to continue training and would attack them after they attack/ranged me and i believe mod cash eventually manipulated game to skull me. I got attacked by the pair mentioned above ran from fighter attacked guy ranging me and it skulled me. "Coincidentally" this skulling happend immediately after mod cash appeared and then cancelled event right after they took my gear. I say "coincidentally" because exact same scenario happend 5 times prior without me skulling. mod cash then claimed he didn't do it to me and that he had barely logged on in time to cancel event. BUT he also claimed he told me to stop event tele'in too (which i didn't see it- IF he did). Point is both his scenario's couldnt' have happend, as they are contradictory, so it seems like he is liein. So 2 issues here.

1.) mod abuse is bullshit. I think he made me lose my gear in some way or another as he claims he can't skull me but he could have dc'd me or some other method of manipulation that i think should be looked at by others. Not huge deal was just a 2h and ammy but the abuse is the issue. Another mod abuse happend earlier today where a mod saved a dead man by jailing the attacker when he saw another dead man log in in full members gear and food when it was F2P and costing a major kill. Shit like that is absolute cancer to a game. I hear later that "he's a new mod on his phone and it was just an accident." GOOD JOKE! mods need to keep their friendships/feelings separate from mod responsibilities.

2.) I was then harrassed that I was the one abusing castle pk event by going out there and getting killed immediately at spawn. (very few people on and apparently 2 ppl named above had nothing else to do.) The real abuse is the people spawn camping in the manner they were to farm KD. Whether they tele alts out for KD kills or killing much lower level 3 itemer that is not bothering them by spawn camping. I could see argument against a 1 itemer with prayer going back continuously and attacking them, but that is definitely not what i was doing. Point here is that the people getting KD in a manner not in the spirit of the game is the problem. NOT someone that can't help it and is trying not to get PKED.

I'm new here and I've had 2 bad experiences with a mod at this point and it was mod cash both times. I apologize in advance to him if he truly had nothing to do with my skulling, but i feel at this point that he did. Every other mod i've encountered has been very kind and helpful and I thank them. I really enjoy playing here so far and thank you for keeping the game going.

Last edited by plaisted (16 Aug 2017 19:36)

Player avatar

dmm Random Send PM

subscriber

Mods can't skull you or manipulate the game in any way to make you skull. I don't even think an admin can do that. You gain a skull by typing ::skull or attacking a player before they attack you, which if they're 1-4 levels below you is an easy mistake to make, I left click attack people by accident all the time it's just an inconvenient part of the game. You are over reacting

Yours Sincerely
An ex Mod

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

Nah wasn't a mistake. Either a game bug or manipulated. Same 2 people killed me prob 5 times in same manner right where i tele in with event at 4 AM. I ran from guy attacking me after 3 rounds and attacked the guy that shot me a few time already while i was being attacked, right clicking as they were higher level. All i can say about it. Nothing to say on other things I wrote about? No thoughts?

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

Eventually - (and I'm not sure the metric or # of times) - If you've died and attack first, even if they were the initiator, eventually you will skull unless you wait specifically for them to attack you first.

If you logged out unexpectantly at any time during this process, it could have been a 'kick' command - at least that was the one I used previously when players would get stuck.

While I can't say for sure what happened here - I can say my first experience with Mod Cash was also not a good one - to the point that when I clicked this forum post, with said title - the first thing I did (as I was curious) was control+F -> cash - and yep.. that was who you were talking about.

He seems to be a bit testy, rude, and controlling - I remember on my DM - the first time I tried ::skull in lumby, the guards started maging me, and I found this uncontrollably hilarious and keep running around skulled and watching them mage the hell out of me, I couldn't stop laughing.  About 2 minutes into my fun - I get ported to the jail, no words, no pm's no nothing.. just sitting in jail, there was so much lack of communication that I thought it was a DM thing - like "Die to the guard 5x in a row, and get jailed" -- but nope, moments later Mod Cash appears and started saying he jailed me because I'm duping, or that he thinks I'm duping, or because others had been duping, etc - I was baffled as I had no idea that was something players were doing, but I assured him nothing was arry - to which he aptly replied "Well, you better hope there is nothing in the trade logs" - again, a pompass attitude for no reason - eventually he unjailed me, and I decided I wanted to die to my alt a few times, as I didn't care for my stats - I had permission to kill myself on my DM from the admins, and from n0m- as long as I was not farming KD - & I asked for KD-reset - he would keep jailing me, and talking shit about me in global - at my expense.  Eventually saying "I don't care what you say, go talk to Billy" -- so, I did -- and it still took ages to get unjailed - we are talking 1.5 hours + of lost subscription time, and I sit back and ask myself 'Why' - why did that happen? -- Unfortunately, I have no idea.

I've modded on several servers - and I have never met such a hot headed low grade moderator.

I would hope he would clean up his act - he is making RSCR staff look bad.

Player avatar

yoyo y0z Send PM

subscriber

How can you not help it using Zeonk or however it is you are teleporting to Castle? That part of your post is confusing to me. You don't want to get PK'd you say? Don't go to the Wilderness then :S. That's not the game's fault that you're deciding to put yourself in a situation like that, remember, it's the wilderness - anything can happen. Once you hit that teleport button that's it, you're in the Wilderness..

To end all this once and for all (I've seen it myself people farming kills intentionally and unintentionally, seen prayer beasts dieing and insta ::event command and re-attacking)

1. Create randomized landing zones when you use Zeonk or a Obelisk to teleport to Castle. 5 different x / y co ordinates which the game will randomly chose between and land you on. West of Cas, south of it, east of it, bit north west of it, you get the point.

2. Add code that will block you from teleporting back to the wilderness using the ::event command if you have died in the last 60 seconds.

Neither of those pieces of code will have a negative impact on the game or the players, only positive

I am good at cleaning toilets

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

This guy was crying for hours on global lol

To clear up for other posters, he was using ::event not the normal teleport as I understand he was teleporting in over and over without food etc He then skulled(as said mods can't skull you) assume he was skulled by attacking someone who attacked him on the previous death,

It was reines you were fighting no connection to mod cash and mod cash doesn't pk, so not sure what cash motivation would be even if he had the power(he doesn't).

No one is camping the spawn, the spawn was just set to where people stand for PK(infront of castle)

There has been too much of event set at castle lately, let the wilderness work as it's meant to.

Last edited by Nyx (16 Aug 2017 14:31)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

To yoyo and nyx- Again very familiar with how wilderness works. 100% positive i was attacked first  again after i died. 

to nyx- you are one of the most toxic players i've ever seen and you have problems reading both here and in global. again- they were spawn camping the tele as it was quite a bit west of castle pking area and bank box and standing directly on top of spawn point. you guys talk about reines with a man crush and act as though he can do no wrong... not a great role model as far as i can tell as a new player.
to address your "crying on global" comment- not crying about a lost r2h and ammy... Don't believe in mod abuse if that is in fact what happend and it wasn't a game glitch to skull me. Also don't believe in being scolded for going out into wild and using game mechanics as they're made. Don't blame the guy being abused. again people farming KD not in spirit of the game is the issue. Seems like a shitty rule to try and enforce... 1 iteming always was and still is part of the game and so is dieing non skulled keeping three items.

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

And still non of you have a word to say about what happend to the dead man "Lumby Train" is who i believe it was and how he was jailed to prevent him gaining a easy kill. Mod abuse definitely DOES happen.

to yoyo- good ideas for event tele. there should not be a grey area.

Last edited by plaisted (16 Aug 2017 19:31)

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

You spammed the ::Event tele 5 times in a row. Dying and coming back. I logged in/ Stopped ::event. logged out. Literally all that happened. So fast that I never even xed out the welcome box that pops up when u log in. I don't know anything about this person other than he was spamming the ::Event after I said chill out.

Mods can't skull you and nothing was manipulated. If you'd like an admin to check the logs and prove it for you I encourage that. Go for it. I did absolutely nothing that could even be considered mod abuse. I took away my ::Event that I put there to be nice. I am allowed to take it away.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

Again- how did you tell me to chill out and have me keep "abusing" event tele when you only logged in for 2 seconds?? past this i have no argument with you that i can prove. it is your right to cancel the event- no argument. other ideas for future events have been posted above. love having the events- thanks for hosting.

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

As for white walker. You Troll and annoy the entire server killing your own alt multiple times over and over and over and over. And you do it for no other reason than to get attention and after we just fixed a bug that would allow you to dupe by doing that exact thing. You wanted the attention and you got it. I think my concern for someone duping is more important than your just doing it to be an ass. Not to mention it is against the rules to farm your own alts for a PK cape. You also completely twisted everything in what you just wrote about me. "I kept jailing you" i jailed you for like 20 seconds to talk in private man, get over yourself.

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

plaisted said:

Again- how did you tell me to chill out and have me keep "abusing" event tele when you only logged in for 2 seconds?? past this i have no argument with you that i can prove. it is your right to cancel the event- no argument. other ideas for future events have been posted above. love having the events- thanks for hosting.

Because I am also a normal player/ Was trying to farm on my personal account and saw your name come up like 6 times on the feed. "I said can you like stop abusing the tele please?" Then u did it two more times and I said ok Its going away then. Logged on mod, stopped event, logged out. That is all that happened and I'm just done with the whole situation and I'm not responding anymore I did nothing wrong and this is all ridiculous in the first place.

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

Mod Cash said:

As for white walker. You Troll and annoy the entire server killing your own alt multiple times over and over and over and over. And you do it for no other reason than to get attention and after we just fixed a bug that would allow you to dupe by doing that exact thing. You wanted the attention and you got it. I think my concern for someone duping is more important than your just doing it to be an ass. Not to mention it is against the rules to farm your own alts for a PK cape. You also completely twisted everything in what you just wrote about me. "I kept jailing you" i jailed you for like 20 seconds to talk in private man, get over yourself.

Bullshit.

Utter Bullshit.

How the fuck can I be after farming a cape if I ask you specifically to wipe my KD?

Also, how the fuck could you consider me to be duping when I had like a grand total of 50k at the time?

As others have mentioned in global, AND in pm's, you're a hot head.

Also, are you denying that you jailed me AFTER I HAD ADMIN PERMISSOIN - and stated "I'm done with you, go talk to Billy" ?

As you & I know, it's in the chat logs, so..

Last edited by White Walker (16 Aug 2017 21:20)

Player avatar

Reines Send PM

subscriber

you kept ::Eventing to the spot. you didn't run you waited for us to attack you. you made no effort
to go train, so don't blame the mod for abuse as he did no wrong. I am more than happy to give you some r2h's if you need. we didn't want you to lose your r2h.

I have to admit now its hilarious your carry on from being pked. also I am a great role model. I am nice to all I just like to pk. but if you said, Hi mate i'm struggling to make some money or to get some armour i'd be the first to help you out.

Squaaaaddddd

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

White Walker said:

Mod Cash said:

Bullshit.

Utter Bullshit.

How the fuck can I be after farming a cape if I ask you specifically to wipe my KD?

Also, how the fuck could you consider me to be duping when I had like a grand total of 50k at the time?

Also, are you denying that you jailed me AFTER I HAD ADMIN PERMISSOIN - and stated "I'm done with you, go talk to Billy" ?

Put yourself in my shoes,

I had literally just spent an hour testing a dupe where you kill yourself/npcs and items dupe. Then you see someone dying over and over on the feed. I summoned you just to talk. I asked why you were doing it and you told me it wasn't for abuse and check the logs and I said ok and put you back. Maybe one minute of your time was used. Then you started doing it 10x more and I had people pming me complaining about you farming kills or whatever which isn't allowed. That's when I stopped you and I was not on discord to see that you were talking to n0m. You went to jail what another 1-5 mins while I personally pmed n0m asking about it. He said it is fine to xfer over items to your alt on a deadman account but you were doing it not to xfer at this point you were just trying to piss me off so you would need the KD reset. I let you out immediately after I talked to n0m and dropped it. You just cant seem to let it go. I did not waste hours of your time. Especially when you were doing nothing but killing yourself. That's basically wasting your own sub time. You could have been getting xp rather than try to get over on a mod that's just trying to do his volunteer job.

I have left you alone since this incident but you still keep bringing it up and starting more drama. Can we just drop it now? I don't have it out for you and I don't like to argue. You want me to apologize then fine. Sorry for wasting your time. Lets squash this beef.

Player avatar

White Walker Send PM

Mod Cash said:

White Walker said:

Mod Cash said:

Bullshit.

Utter Bullshit.

Put yourself in my shoes,

I had literally just spent an hour testing a dupe where you kill yourself/npcs and items dupe. Then you see someone dying over and over on the feed. I summoned you just to talk. I asked why you were doing it and you told me it wasn't for abuse and check the logs and I said ok and put you back. Maybe one minute of your time was used. Then you started doing it 10x more and I had people pming me complaining about you farming kills or whatever which isn't allowed. That's when I stopped you and I was not on discord to see that you were talking to n0m. You went to jail what another 1-5 mins while I personally pmed n0m asking about it. He said it is fine to xfer over items to your alt on a deadman account but you were doing it not to xfer at this point you were just trying to piss me off so you would need the KD reset. I let you out immediately after I talked to n0m and dropped it. You just cant seem to let it go. I did not waste hours of your time. Especially when you were doing nothing but killing yourself. That's basically wasting your own sub time. You could have been getting xp rather than try to get over on a mod that's just trying to do his volunteer job.

I have left you alone since this incident but you still keep bringing it up and starting more drama. Can we just drop it now? I don't have it out for you and I don't like to argue. You want me to apologize then fine. Sorry for wasting your time. Lets squash this beef.

This is the part that you are not understanding:
.."but you were doing it not to xfer at this point you were just trying to piss me off so you would need the KD reset. .."

- I don't do anyting to sit around and piss people off.

Do I do things that some would consider stupid ? -- Sure, but I should be free to do that, all I'd like to.

To englighten you - the benefit was making multiple builds - at will, which is pretty unique - you can easily look at my statistics on highscore and see I've killed waaaaaaaaay more things than the level requirement for my primary stat, of 57 defense - I like to try/do unique things, and test them out - it is what I do, and what I enjoy.

To your note about "You troll and annoy the entire server by killing your own alt" - I call BS - like 3 people total were vocal in global, at best - I think it mostly annoyed you, not them.

In fact, I feel I'm pretty well accepted on this new account, have a good group of friends, and we help each other out often, with various tasks - Ironically enough, to include mass self killing - (to include those who were initially confused/ignorant to what I was trying to accomplish in global chat).

We can squash it, but you've got to learn balance when dealing with others - if you see PMs from other about another player, but they are not breaking rules, or as you mentioned - attempting a dupe glitch - you can simply just let them know that White Walker is a bit off, but isn't breaking any rules, or trying to get a PK cape.

I've been in your boots at several times in my life as a volunteer position of moderator or higher, so I do know what you deal with - which is why I suppose I have a higher standard of expectation than most.

An apology would help me to move on - because from what I can gather - you were way off on my intentions, and made quite a few assumptions without asking.

Player avatar

plaisted Send PM

@reines
come on man you know you were right on top of where i'd spawn in and you know i wasn't trying to fight you. I had no possibility of killing 2 and you now i had no intentions of skulling. You can't possibly think i was enjoying getting obliterated by you 2 over and over. at one point i believe you even said "lets try to 2 hit him lolol" which is ok- it may have been enjoyable for you and i know its the widy and what happend to me can happen. I figured i'd waste as much of your food as i could in the process until you got bored. That said, i don't know this communities rules/expectations as far as "farming KD" is concerned and think it's silly KD is attempted to be controlled. as far as your character is concerned- i donno how much you help others i guess, but have only seen you shit talk- which i kind of enjoyed to be honest. again my anger isn't against the item lost- but against mod abuse if it happend and against being scolded for boosting your KD. This server is too small and too few players- let us have fun in the wild/ do what we want.

also @reines
do you have any idea how i skulled then? you know you attacked me and wut2 was shooting me before i attacked him for the skull.

Last edited by plaisted (16 Aug 2017 22:42)

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

Touche' Salesman.

Player avatar

Reines Send PM

subscriber

plaisted said:

@reines
come on man you know you were right on top of where i'd spawn in and you know i wasn't trying to fight you. I had no possibility of killing 2 and you now i had no intentions of skulling. You can't possibly think i was enjoying getting obliterated by you 2 over and over. at one point i believe you even said "lets try to 2 hit him lolol" which is ok- it may have been enjoyable for you and i know its the widy and what happend to me can happen. I figured i'd waste as much of your food as i could in the process until you got bored. That said, i don't know this communities rules/expectations as far as "farming KD" is concerned and think it's silly KD is attempted to be controlled. as far as your character is concerned- i donno how much you help others i guess, but have only seen you shit talk- which i kind of enjoyed to be honest. again my anger isn't against the item lost- but against mod abuse if it happend and against being scolded for boosting your KD. This server is too small and too few players- let us have fun in the wild/ do what we want.

also @reines
do you have any idea how i skulled then? you know you attacked me and wut2 was shooting me before i attacked him for the skull.

as for your skull it was weird it happened. maybe cause the 10-15 minute timer passed from when we first attacked? im unsure..
or maybe you attacked him before he ranged I cant remember.. either way if I see you on happy to throw you some 2h's to keep you going.

as for the shit talking I do it to certain people and to give myself a giggle sometimes.

Squaaaaddddd