Deadman Released!

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Deadman Mode has been released

Deadman mode is a new gamemode you might have heard thing or two about on OldSchool rscrevolution, the difference being that we will execute this idea more like iron-man than running a separate server and this game mode is not seasonal. We are not creating a new server or a world, deadmen will play along with regural players
Deadman mode rules are the following:

General mechanics:

-Full World PVP, except in safe zones:  Edgeville, Falador, Yanille and every bank apart from Shantay pass
-Specific parts of world are multi-combat areas, majority of world is single-combat.
-Multi-combat areas are in the major walking intersections in the game like Barbarian Village, Wolf mountain ect.
-Double experience rate(2x RSCR Rates)
-Teleporting and logging out requires you to stand still for 10 seconds.
-Attack range is determined by distance to nearest safe zone(distance to nearest safe zone / 2 = "wilderness level").

Experience Rates:
16X combat experience rate (22X subbed)
12X secondary combat rate (18X  Subbed)
8X skilling rate (12X subbed)

Rebuild experience rate: 3X the above

The experience rates are still up for discussion, however this is near the maximum we'll go.

Deadman Appearance:
-Deadman Characters will have their name drawn in blood red, in chat and above head.
-Attack option is only shown on deadman players.
256a5be490227c6a2ca61449efd2d7af.png

Single-combat area mechanics
-20 Second timer after combat before others can attack
-Timer is reset to 20 seconds on any damage from your opponent.
-You cannot attack anyone else but the person attacking you.

Seperate economy from main game:

* Can't trade or pickup items dropped by regular players
* Can't duel or kill regular players.
* Can't participate in mini-game events
* Seperate Auction House with only buy offers enabled

Skull mechanism:

-Skull default time for 15 minutes, maximum skull time 30 minutes.
-Each time you attack a player while you are skulled, your skull timer is reset and your skull time is extended by two minutes.
-If you attack player 30 or more levels below you, your skull time is set to 30 minutes.
-Your skull timer does not tick down if you stand still. You have to be on the move to lose your skull.
-Players who attack you when you are skulled will not be skulled themselves.
-Safe zones will have high level guards, which will kill any skulled players.

Kill-streaks:
Each time you kill a player, your kill-streak increases. This is indicated by your skull color changing.
Additionally, the amount of Deadman Keys you hold in your inventory is indicated above skull by key icons.

c27044d9baabc2e8abe851f3846a9063.png

Death in Deadman Mode:

If you die with a skull:
-You will lose percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage)
-You will lose percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage)

If you die unskulled:
If you have taken damage from a player:
-You will lose smaller percentage from 10 most valuable stacks in your bank to Bank Raid Chest. (Higher level opponent -> smaller percentage)
-You will lose smaller percentage of all unprotected stats (Higher level opponent -> Smaller percentage)
-You will lose all items from your inventory and equipment.

If you have not taken any damage from a player:
-You keep 3 most valuable items
-You don't lose any bank items
-You don't lose any experience

If you die and lose experience; your experience rate for that skill is doubled until you reach the experience you once had.

Bank safe slots
The first 10 items in your bank are safe slots, you won't lose these if you die!
45c0241ca982a1e5ab9302f19c00520f.png

Stat protection

This mechanic has changed during beta!

You can protect stats from being reduced on death.
1 Combat skill (attack, strength and defense)
1 Secondary combat skill(prayer, magic and ranged).
3 Skilling stats.
Hitpoints are auto-calculated on death, so your character won't get ruined from dying too much.

You can protect your stats by opening stat menu and right clicking the stat you want to protect, and selecting "Protect <stat>".
6441b4bb8b1d963fc6e015d4095ae04f.gif

Guarded Safe Zones:

Safe zones will have high level guards, which will attack any players with a skull and kill them.
Edgeville, Falador, Yanille and every bank apart from Shantay pass are currently decided to be safe zones.
d8aca18d57a76d4b9ba2e20eb1491866.png

Bank Raid Keys & Chests:

If you manage to kill a player in Deadman Mode, you will receive a Deadman Key. This key will give you access to chest which contains percentage of 10 most valuable stacks from opponents bank.

Deadman Key:
-Received upon killing a player
-Unlocks bank raid chest
-Cannot be traded, banked, only destroyed.
-When you kill a player who has got Deadman Keys in his inventory, you will get his keys.
-You can only hold maximum of five keys at a time, if you have five keys and kill someone, key will not be dropped.

Bank Raid Chest:
Loot from opening raid chest
e71637ea07a7a86c11c571e423a29aa3.png

Player avatar

callahanc Send PM

subscriber

Whoop can't wait

Player avatar

Universal Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

i can't even understand ... so anyone can attack u anywhere ....  but u can't .... and u have just 20 sec after attack ?? so 3 flats following u .. u have been attacked and attacker run away ... so rest 2 with full food will attack u again after 20 sec .... maybe that 20 sec will not enough to go in safe zone ...  one more thing if u do more XP ... so can u enable/disable that mode? if not what is the point? losing XP losing bank stuff dying ... omg not even going to try it ...

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/zh/1/13/Runescapeclassic_combat_ranged.gif[/img]
[img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/UseXRzwAStKldQZfSTic3w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Universal said:

i can't even understand ... so anyone can attack u anywhere ....  but u can't .... and u have just 20 sec after attack ?? so 3 flats following u .. u have been attacked and attacker run away ... so rest 2 with full food will attack u again after 20 sec .... maybe that 20 sec will not enough to go in safe zone ...

We have added a 20second player jump timer so you would have a chance to have a 1v1 fight without being ganged up by a large team, since we know that teaming will be huge in deadman as it is on the main game. Also you will have 20seconds after killing someone to get some loot or just grab a bank raid chest key and run for you life.

Universal said:

one more thing if u do more XP ... so can u enable/disable that mode? if not what is the point? losing XP losing bank stuff dying ... omg not even going to try it ...

This is a very high xp rate game mode, losing some experience is just an additional challenge in this more. I would like to add that gaining experience after losing some is accelerated until you reach the level you had before.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Mod Kleio said:

Universal said:

i can't even understand ... so anyone can attack u anywhere ....  but u can't .... and u have just 20 sec after attack ?? so 3 flats following u .. u have been attacked and attacker run away ... so rest 2 with full food will attack u again after 20 sec .... maybe that 20 sec will not enough to go in safe zone ...

We have added a 20second player jump timer so you would have a chance to have a 1v1 fight without being ganged up by a large team, since we know that teaming will be huge in deadman as it is on the main game. Also you will have 20seconds after killing someone to get some loot or just grab a bank raid chest key and run for you life.

Universal said:

one more thing if u do more XP ... so can u enable/disable that mode? if not what is the point? losing XP losing bank stuff dying ... omg not even going to try it ...

This is a very high xp rate game mode, losing some experience is just an additional challenge in this more. I would like to add that gaining experience after losing some is accelerated until you reach the level you had before.

As Kleio said, the point of 1v1 system is that you can't get slaughtered by multiple players. For example 3 players attacking you at same time, each one of them casting spells and ranging you. In the mentioned 1v3 situation, only one can attack you at a time and if that one person runs away or dies, you have 20 seconds time to either loot or keep running towards safety. The point is not to completely make you safe from multiple people, rather make it easier for you to run away from them, or fight them one by one.

Universal said:

You completely misunderstood what this is.
You can't disable/enable this gamemode as you like, just like you do with iron man; you make a character and make it a deadman and it is permanent.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

The upcoming updates are so sick. Let's rock!

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

knack baby Send PM

subscriber

cant wait to see the rage that comes from ppl dying in this. will be dead within 2 days sry to say, Awesome that you were able to pull it off though.

Some people know more then you, and i'm one of them.
[img]https://images.discordapp.net/eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNDY3NjE3ODI1NDk1NDQ5NjAvMjYyNDc2NDM2NjAwOTEzOTIxL1ZFTlQuanBnIn0.qphFDhO8hZjWCmnyxt7mEr7jG5s[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

knack baby said:

cant wait to see the rage that comes from ppl dying in this. will be dead within 2 days sry to say, Awesome that you were able to pull it off though.

If there is rage from XP or Bank raid losses, we can always adjust the mechanics of this game mode smile

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Mod Kleio said:

knack baby said:

If there is rage from XP or Bank raid losses, we can always adjust the mechanics of this game mode smile

I think the bank loss makes sense, since what is lost goes to the killer.  But the XP loss is frustrating and doesn't really benefit anybody.  I see how it definitely makes the mode more challenging, but I don't think it makes it fun.

Last edited by S O B BSpace (2 Aug 2017 21:40)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

knack baby said:

I know how much you get off on making people rage. Hope to see u playing, Rev needs some good competition.

Player avatar

Universal Send PM

n0m said:

Mod Kleio said:

Universal said:

Universal said:

As Kleio said, the point of 1v1 system is that you can't get slaughtered by multiple players. For example 3 players attacking you at same time, each one of them casting spells and ranging you. In the mentioned 1v3 situation, only one can attack you at a time and if that one person runs away or dies, you have 20 seconds time to either loot or keep running towards safety. The point is not to completely make you safe from multiple people, rather make it easier for you to run away from them, or fight them one by one.

Universal said:

You completely misunderstood what this is.
You can't disable/enable this gamemode as you like, just like you do with iron man; you make a character and make it a deadman and it is permanent.

Thank you for full explanation smile its like hardcore haracter big_smile

[img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/zh/1/13/Runescapeclassic_combat_ranged.gif[/img]
[img]https://image.prntscr.com/image/UseXRzwAStKldQZfSTic3w.png[/img]

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

I was really hoping to use the same name from the beta test.  I just logged in and that character is not wiped and no option to play deadman

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

WHERE I FUCKING STRAT PLAY THIS , PUT A GODDAM,N LINK TTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Chroz Send PM

subscriber

Trupk3r said:

WHERE I FUCKING STRAT PLAY THIS , PUT A GODDAM,N LINK TTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

hey tru hope youve been doing well man!

1. Start a new Character
2. Log-in
3. It brings you to Tutorial Island, in the initial room talk to the "Deadman".... hes standing next to the "Ironman"

Leader of the "All players level 90+ should bring a Silverlight to Black Demons for day in Edgeville Dungeon rather than fucking 3 item for weeks training in the wilderness" Movement

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Fishing guild bank is not a safe zone.  People 35 levels higher than me can attack me there.  Intended?

Last edited by S O B BSpace (4 Aug 2017 01:44)

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

pringle Send PM

subscriber

never been on a server with admins, that know how to fuck up, and kill the wild more than this one. Jesus christ.

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

pringle said:

never been on a server with admins, that know how to fuck up, and kill the wild more than this one. Jesus christ.

This is the only rsc ps that even has admins and active staff. U mad u bad

Player avatar

pringle Send PM

subscriber

GreenKing said:

pringle said:

This is the only rsc ps that even has admins and active staff. U mad u bad

comes from the kid WHO played other games past 3 months. LOL..

Last edited by pringle (4 Aug 2017 18:57)

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

pringle said:

Keep crying

Player avatar

Aqua Send PM

what are  Seperate Auction House with only buy offers enabled