Unobtainables for Ultimate Iron Men.

Player avatar

Emiko Star Send PM

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it were possible if you guys could add some of the more unobtainable items to NPCs in the higher up areas or add them to mob drops somewhere?

E.g. Adamantite kites, and adamantite plate bodies, maybe rune battle axes and 2 handers.

There are a variety of things impossible or impractical for me as an ultimate iron man to obtain. I could spend the next 7 months smithing to make an adam kite, or work towards getting a dragon square for example, the dragon sq being far more practical, however I'd still spend significant time to obtain adam kites or even rune squares.

Just floating it in there.

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

Aren't all of those items already obtainable from mob drops? I think all of those items are dropped between black drags, fire giants, and black demons.

And isn't the whole point of ultimate iron man to have to deal with these roadblocks?

Player avatar

Emiko Star Send PM

dippymister said:

Aren't all of those items already obtainable from mob drops? I think all of those items are dropped between black drags, fire giants, and black demons.

And isn't the whole point of ultimate iron man to have to deal with these roadblocks?

If by dealing with them you mean ignore them entirely, then yes.

You can put 1/100 effort into obtaining a stronger shield over a long period of time, or spend all that effort for an inferior product with no real gain.

I asked around, the plates and shields don't drop, and by the time I get anywhere reasonable I wont even need these anymore. So it's just utterly unused content.

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Emiko Star said:

dippymister said:

You can put 1/100 effort into obtaining a stronger shield over a long period of time, or spend all that effort for an inferior product with no real gain.

I asked around, the plates and shields don't drop, and by the time I get anywhere reasonable I wont even need these anymore. So it's just utterly unused content.

Would some sort of shop for only ironmen help? Can ironmen afford to spend 50k gp in equipment at your level?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Emiko Star Send PM

Billy said:

Emiko Star said:

dippymister said:

Would some sort of shop for only ironmen help? Can ironmen afford to spend 50k gp in equipment at your level?

What I resorted to was doing thieving. With batching I can earn a fair amount of gold off guards to afford my stuff, so if I were to die I'd only need to spend maybe 4-5 hours thieving to buy a nice set of adamantite gear to get back out with.