RSCRevolution (Saradomin, Guthix, Zamorak) armour teaser

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Webstein that might be how you feel now. But people like me who have been playing rsc nonstop since 2002 actually want change.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Starknight Send PM

subscriber

Looks great! Can't wait to see it live in game. Keep up the good work.

Player avatar

mcdboy Send PM

Webstien said:

So basically make this into RS2 with worse graphics?

Not in favor of any special questing type gear. Plus that stuff looks pretty silly.

Just because rscrevolution may have added this stuff into classic if they hand't already moved onto RS2 is poor logic. It wasn't the better graphics of RS2 that made people quit it was the new ideas and implementations. What we don't want to do is follow the road rscrevolution ended up heading down. We want to stay on the path they were originally on.

I just don't get why people are coming back to play this game if they just want crazy new features, I can't even begin to make sense of that sort of logic. There are so many newer games out there that will offer that. I'm playing an ancient game because I like the original feel of the game. If I wanted new I would go play one of the 5000 new games available.

Adding full Dragon is about as far as I would mind seeing this game go. Make it so it can be smithed or make it a rare drop like current dragon gear. Do not make it some quest gimmick. The original concept of this game was being able to create all objects. Make smithing exceed 99 and put 1 dragon rock in a very dangerous area in wilderness with a very low respawn rate. More legit reason to enter wilderness and the gear will be to expensive to PK in thus will not change the way pking is currently done.

Actually, I didn't play rs2 because of the graphics, the loss of 3 combat system etc. I would love to have the features implemented here. I've been playing private servers since Angel and it grows tiresome and new additions wouldn't hurt and would make me more active again.

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Webstien said:

Not in favor of any special questing type gear. Plus that stuff looks pretty silly.

Just because rscrevolution may have added this stuff into classic if they hand't already moved onto RS2 is poor logic. It wasn't the better graphics of RS2 that made people quit it was the new ideas and implementations. What we don't want to do is follow the road rscrevolution ended up heading down. We want to stay on the path they were originally on.

I just don't get why people are coming back to play this game if they just want crazy new features, I can't even begin to make sense of that sort of logic. There are so many newer games out there that will offer that. I'm playing an ancient game because I like the original feel of the game. If I wanted new I would go play one of the 5000 new games available.

Adding full Dragon is about as far as I would mind seeing this game go. Make it so it can be smithed or make it a rare drop like current dragon gear. Do not make it some quest gimmick. The original concept of this game was being able to create all objects. Make smithing exceed 99 and put 1 dragon rock in a very dangerous area in wilderness with a very low respawn rate. More legit reason to enter wilderness and the gear will be to expensive to PK in thus will not change the way pking is currently done.

Question, as a replica purist do the following impede your enjoyment of the game?: Equipment tab, rings, skill-capes, Reaper, wilderness obelisks, team fortress, teams.

The equipment tab was something I wanted to see since Diablo. Before RS2 was even a thought within rscrevolution. This doesn't change the game, it simply makes complete sense. I don't think anyone is going to argue with this addition.

Rings are fairly insignificant and none visual. Especially to a pker. Doesn't change much for me. There is nothing silly or desperate about these rings. It feels original. No problems with it.

There is no problem adding the Reaper or other new bosses. This is the form of content that needs to be added. It doesn't change the feel of the game. It's the same game with a new monster to freshen things up.

Team fort is a needed concept when we are talking about playing a game with less than 1% of the population we once played it at. Anything to draw people to the wilderness is a good thing. The game won't survive without players in the wilderness.

Skill-Capes i'm not a big fan of. But not a huge deal. Its just a cape after all. If I am going to whine about a little cape, then heck I better develop my own server or I am never going to be happy.

But adding some funky striped neon green/red or whatever color armor to the game that everyone will likely have to wear (assuming its going to be top tier gear). Yes, that changes things a lot. A whole lot. Especially if I have to do some goofy clue scrolls or quests just to wear it. Adding pets to the game.. Yes that is also over the top.

There is a huge difference between wanting an exact replica and wanting to maintain the original feel of rscrevolution classic. I feel this new armor and the pets idea is going way to far with things. If I logged into this server for the 1st time and didn't see people walking around with Rune and Dragon, then I likely would have logged right back off and never looked back. If I logged into this server and seen goofy pets following everyone around.. Well I would have laughed and logged off for good. RSC players surely have a large representation of those who do not like change. Look what happened when heavy change occurred. Fortunately rscrevolution was able to attract new players to replace the loss of the old with a more advanced game. Unfortunately for us it's now 2017 and I don't think putting your marbles into attracting 1st timer Runescapers is going to be the makings of a successful approach to maintaining or growing this server (obviously). Bringing more old players back is the only significant card to be played. Players who haven't logged in for years will be wanting to see Rune and Dragon wearing characters. They want to see the game they missed so much that it led them to logging into RSCR to check it out in the first place. Not log into an entirely new world only to see so much change that they no longer relate to the game and likely will not give it the time of day to adapt. The additions that are currently implemented into this server aren't in your face and fairly easy to warm up to. As a newcomer you discover the changes little by little and think OK, that's pretty cool.

Those are the types of changes that need to keep being made. Changes even the sharpest RSCer won't notice within their first 5 hours playing without somebody directly telling them. If you can execute changes following that rule of thumb, then you are probably keeping enough originality of the game. If a person requires more change than that to keep them playing, you will likely lose them soon enough regardless.

But that is just my opinion. The bottom line is that you can't make everyone happy no matter how hard you try.

Last edited by Webstien (15 Mar 2017 02:38)

Player avatar

tobzster Send PM

Webstien said:

Billy said:

Webstien said:

Question, as a replica purist do the following impede your enjoyment of the game?: Equipment tab, rings, skill-capes, Reaper, wilderness obelisks, team fortress, teams.

Adding pets to the game.. Yes that is also over the top.

If I logged into this server and seen goofy pets following everyone around.. Well I would have laughed and logged off for good. RSC players surely have a large representation of those who do not like change. Look what happened when heavy change occurred. Fortunately rscrevolution was able to attract new players to replace the loss of the old with a more advanced game.

Unfortunately for us it's now 2017 and I don't think putting your marbles into attracting 1st timer Runescapers is going to be the makings of a successful approach to maintaining or growing this server (obviously). Bringing more old players back is the only significant card to be played. Players who haven't logged in for years will be wanting to see Rune and Dragon wearing characters. They want to see the game they missed so much that it led them to logging into RSCR to check it out in the first place. Not log into an entirely new world only to see so much change that they no longer relate to the game and likely will not give it the time of day to adapt. The additions that are currently implemented into this server aren't in your face and fairly easy to warm up to. As a newcomer you discover the changes little by little and think OK, that's pretty cool.

+1 to these points
pets is also too much.. i agree

Player avatar

Ched Urcheez Send PM

subscriber

Damnit all you wanting this to stay like original RSC y'all are not the only pebbles on the beach. There are us that want change. Trust me if you want a server that is just like original RSC then go there they do exist not naming any names. Quit bitching this isn't exactly RSC anymore. Its a hybrid. Like Billy said with equipment tab rings obelisk skillcapes etc this game has already changed from the original. You want original?? Go elsewhere or STFU!!

Fight the boy become the man. Sit and watch as the young grow old

Player avatar

mcdboy Send PM

Ched Urcheez said:

Damnit all you wanting this to stay like original RSC y'all are not the only pebbles on the beach. There are us that want change. Trust me if you want a server that is just like original RSC then go there they do exist not naming any names. Quit bitching this isn't exactly RSC anymore. Its a hybrid. Like Billy said with equipment tab rings obelisk skillcapes etc this game has already changed from the original. You want original?? Go elsewhere or STFU!!

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Ched Urcheez said:

Dude, if you want so much change go play one of the 5000 games that offer that. There are so many games out there that offer updates and new content on a regular basis.

This is a classic game. A lot of the people come to play this game for that exact reason.

Why the heck do you choose to play a 20 year old game if you want updates and new stuff? This makes very little sense. Our logic behind not wanting to see massive changes to this game is very justified.

The day this server starts making massive changes is the day it begins to die. My logic to support this concept is pretty sound and reasonable. Maybe I am wrong, but it's certainly something that needs to be heavily analyzed and considered before going forward.

But you know what buddy, great post. You really offered a lot to this discussion. Now try to act like an adult next time you respond or I will have to tell your mom how you have been behaving on the Internet. People that act like this drives more people away than anything being discussed in this thread.

Last edited by Webstien (15 Mar 2017 22:47)

Player avatar

Ched Urcheez Send PM

subscriber

I have no problem with originality. All I'm hoping is the voice of the ones wanting it to stay original don't outweigh those that want change. And obviously people do want change or none of the new stuff wouldn't exist hence rings skilled etc. and for that matter telling me to go elsewhere.. every RSC private server has changed at least something from original RSC. Whether it be xp rates dragon armor New weapons. no server is exactly the same as RSC. Hell even muds server as close as it is with its low ass original drop rates still has skillcapes.. so it isn't the same either. I do however apologize for raging. If I'm entitled to my opinion so is he.

Fight the boy become the man. Sit and watch as the young grow old

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Ched Urcheez said:

I have no problem with originality. All I'm hoping is the voice of the ones wanting it to stay original don't outweigh those that want change. And obviously people do want change or none of the new stuff wouldn't exist hence rings skilled etc. and for that matter telling me to go elsewhere.. every RSC private server has changed at least something from original RSC. Whether it be xp rates dragon armor New weapons. no server is exactly the same as RSC. Hell even muds server as close as it is with its low ass original drop rates still has skillcapes.. so it isn't the same either. I do however apologize for raging. If I'm entitled to my opinion so is he.

All good. Thanks for choosing to not further escalate the situation.

The right solution is probably somewhere in the middle. We need change but maybe not get to crazy with certain things. There is certainly plenty of voice in both directions.

Player avatar

Mod Coney Send PM

ugly imo lol