Original Runescaper joins the Revolution

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys!

Haven't played rscrevolution since RS2 was released. Couldn't stand it and retired immediately.

I guess I will introduce myself by sharing my past rscrevolution experience. As I would imagine the memories of playing the original rscrevolution is ultimately why most of us are here today.

I began building my wealth buying coal, iron, steel bars and reselling them. Through this process I became great friends with Piranha who was the 1st player to hit 99 mining. This guy mined coal and iron none stop! I bought nearly everything he mined. Because of the mass amounts of material I was able to gather, I was lucky enough to have then met Zezima. I sold Zezima tens of thousands of bars during his race to 99 smithing. We ended up becoming pretty good friends. Along the way I also managed to become friends with Tyler11 who was also one of the very 1st 99 smithers. With these connections I managed to carve out a very profitable role merchanting bulk rune 2Hs and rune kites for both players. I remember selling Rune 2Hs for roughly 1 mill a piece. Selling dozens per day. People were going crazy for them.

Outside of merchanting I spent the majority of my time pking. I don't know if anyone remembers "I Wicked I" or not, but to me he was the original greatest pker in the game. He was the first person who I am aware of that figured out how to "catch" when pking. He was a master at it and the hardest player in the game to escape from. We ran into each other and fought to death a hundred times throughout the years. He beat me the majority of the time, but nonetheless; battling this guy may be among my very favorite memories of the game.

After rscrevolution I played Diablo 2, Starcraft and eventually a short stint with WoW before retiring from video games completely.

The golden days of rscrevolution classic always seem to seep into my mind from time-to-time. I'm really looking forward to becoming a part of this community and hopefully meeting many people who share the same past experiences. I will never have time to play the hours I did as a kid, but I plan on sticking around over the long-haul.

Last edited by Webstien (21 Feb 2017 14:34)

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

Cool story, what was your name on rsc?

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Same as here. Webstien

I just recently recovered my rscrevolution account (today actually) after not logging on in years. Apparently they gave my name away?? I had to rename my character to Demorov99

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Welcome Webstien! Since you are a true RSC veteran I will point you towards the thread Making a list of all features not in original RSC, which doesn't quite cover the recent updates which are worth checking out. I think the most dramatic change from vanilla RSC would be our implementation of the equipment tab, in fact I propose it is impossible to go back once you've used it big_smile

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

kroniccough Send PM

subscriber

Welcome to the community, man! If you need any help getting started, feel free to pm me in-game, 'Kronic' is my ign. There are lots of differences here, but mostly for the best, in my opinion. Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay. smile
Happy scaping!

Player avatar

trotalong1 Send PM

subscriber

Welcome smile you may remember me from those same days your talking about, behind varrok west bank was a huge market where I also merched tongue kilkus one of my good friends was also a 99 smither\miner and I made good money selling his wares too smile always nice to see old players coming back.

Throw me to the wolves, and I will return leading the pack.

Player avatar

HoodedMagic Send PM

subscriber

Bluerose13x, very first 99 smither...also welcome!

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

Welcome to RSCR!

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Welcome Webstien! Since you are a true RSC veteran I will point you towards the thread Making a list of all features not in original RSC, which doesn't quite cover the recent updates which are worth checking out. I think the most dramatic change from vanilla RSC would be our implementation of the equipment tab, in fact I propose it is impossible to go back once you've used it big_smile

Love having the equipment tab. Guide was very useful to make the transition easy, thanks!

Welcome to the community, man! If you need any help getting started, feel free to pm me in-game, 'Kronic' is my ign. There are lots of differences here, but mostly for the best, in my opinion. Other than that, I hope you enjoy your stay. smile
Happy scaping!

Didn't read this before we met in game! Appreciate the willingness to help new players out around here, Thanks!

Welcome smile you may remember me from those same days your talking about, behind varrok west bank was a huge market where I also merched tongue kilkus one of my good friends was also a 99 smither\miner and I made good money selling his wares too smile always nice to see old players coming back.

Doesn't ring a bell but that was many years ago! I remember the Varrok market well though.

Bluerose13x, very first 99 smither...also welcome!

I couldn't remember if he/she was or not. I know that she was the first to be able to smith rune but don't recall her being in the race for 99. I do remember her smithing for free in Varrok as long as rune bars were supplied. Was always hundreds of people there trying to get items made.

Welcome to RSCR!

Thanks!

Last edited by Webstien (21 Feb 2017 23:09)

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

Welcome. Im this servers "Piranha". Hope to see you in the mine!

#1 MINER

Player avatar

salchicha742 Send PM

subscriber

Stolt Archer said:

Cool story, what was your name on rsc?

Lol dick

tr1pps ain't for kids