Permanent Economic Fix

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

My idea is to remove low alch, high alch, and give shops only limited stock of goods.

The problem with this game is everything is infinite but real world is finite, it would make the economy work correctly if infinite was removed. Monsters could still drop things but ultimately the fiat money system would be controllable and infinite shop items would be solved, rather than having people buy D axes etc from shops and always having a max price of 200k the max would be set by the game via monster drops and shop supply(now limited).

Smithing would also benefit as shops wouldn't have limitless supply to compete on certain items.

This is ultimately a flaw in the design of the original game.

Removing infinite would put control of the economy into the hands of the Staff to act as a central bank.

Last edited by Nyx (18 Feb 2017 17:13)

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

removing high alc would ruin many aspects of the game and unbalance things to much, as for items being sold in stores 200k is plenty expensive for drag axe without people hoarding and merching them into 1m each and most items you cant buy in stores which is why there are so many skillers on the server.

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Sure if runecrafting comes into play take out drops and shops for them.

And for fletching make is easier to make more arrows.

But removing the high and low alch. +1

But really though I'd hate to pick runes from the ground without RoRiches.

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (20 Feb 2017 06:08)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

There problem is real simple: lack of players.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

gaylord said:

Player avatar

HoodedMagic Send PM

subscriber

To keep an economy strong there is several aspects of the game missing. One strong one is players.
Only issue is the high xp that's a good and a bad thing.
Why do u think there was so many pkers on the org RSC? Bc skilling was very hard and time consuming.
With low amount of skillers it kept the economy at bay.
Pkers are good for the economy. It burns resources. Tons of them.
When u have 200+ players that can kill high level NPCs and get good drops or adds to the economy.
That's the issue, xp rates.
I have been on this server for 7days of game time. My skill total is 1203. I have 80 smithing already. Among other high levels.
It shouldn't of took me only 7days to get 1203 skill total.
That's what killing the economy, but for a private server you have to have high xp rates or people will leave.
On the org RSC there wasn't many players that could smith rune armour.
Not many players could kill a KBD or fire giant easily.
They aspects are what's hurting the economy. And adding the territory to the wild is hurting it more. I see a increase of rune ores. Addy ores ect hitting the marketplace.
I see 80,000 nature runes from 1 player.
That's insane. Either drop rates, or xp rates need to be lowered to keep the economy truly stable.
That's just my thoughts

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

gaylord said:

This would help initially, but with the ease in which items are acquired through skilling and farming, the experience rate, eventually even a large increase in the player base would lead to the same problem.  Removing alchemy, infinite shop supplies, etc., aren't bad ideas, but whatever the fix is for the economy, it needs to be done slowly and over the course of months.

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

gaylord said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Problem is not lack of players, what difference does it make? smaller countries don't mean people are better or worse off. The problem is infinite resources.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

Making shop times a little slower and drop rates a little less of what they are now would help. Making any exp lower would be dumb, so many high level pkers and skillers the new people wouldn't stay and taking out high and/or low alch would cause chaos and a huge flood to the markets. Maybe add a 5 second timer instead of the 3 for them to remove some income of money but ultimately, it is the lack of consumers. Lots of shops selling and few buyers buying type thing. We need a little of everything to fix anything. Even then, it would only be small amounts. Maybe even adding a tax to enter guilds, a tax on ah and even a tax on items in the castle chest I. Wild.

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

I say just make a place to exchange large amounts of items for perks like maybe a double logout timer or more expensive items/large amounts of items for double xp time/ or double stackables while farming  or something like that. Anyway items for perks. Not items for other items. Flush a bunch of rune and dragon out of the market that way.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Tjd9 said:

I say just make a place to exchange large amounts of items for perks like maybe a double logout timer or more expensive items/large amounts of items for double xp time/ or double stackables while farming  or something like that. Anyway items for perks. Not items for other items. Flush a bunch of rune and dragon out of the market that way.

I like this idea.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

I don't see why a couple mods couldn't simply monitor the auction house and strategically buy items and destroy them on a daily basis (Not buying items of those who undercut, only paying fair market value). Add a small tax to the auction house to help offset the extra incoming gold to the market. I would think this would keep resource value high. It also wouldn't be a very time consuming process. A person can understand the market by watching it for 10 mins per day, the daily purchases would take minutes to execute.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Webstien said:

I don't see why a couple mods couldn't simply monitor the auction house and strategically buy items and destroy them on a daily basis (Not buying items of those who undercut, only paying fair market value). Add a small tax to the auction house to help offset the extra incoming gold to the market. I would think this would keep resource value high. It also wouldn't be a very time consuming process. A person can understand the market by watching it for 10 mins per day, the daily purchases would take minutes to execute.

Well, It's not like mods can just spawn gp to buy the items to destroy. They don't have that power. They would have to use their own personal money and they are just normal players like us other than having a mod account. They spend their own money to buy subs for events or take donations.

Last edited by Nocashkilla (27 Feb 2017 06:51)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

The problem is no item sink

Potions, runes and food get removed from the game from pkers and minor PVM. But you can only wear so many rune helmets lol therefore their value drops. It does come down to less players, but an item sink for items not sinking would help.

What is the real problem right now with the economy? It should be easier to get out and pk.

Pking potons are at an all time low. 8k per potion?
Food prices are dropping 400 gp for swordies? and the same if not lower on sharks?
Rune prices are going up , pking ones anyway-But in reality its so easy to get 2-3k airs/fires in an hour or so from fire giants and thats like 5-8 pk trips.
You can get 1-3k per herblaw secondary.
Mining items are still fetching a decent price. 350-400 for iron ore, 450+ for coal?

So why do you think the economy is bad? What is your issue? You only stated that some items are "infinite" which does not help your argument

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO