multilogging in the wildy giving a red skull

Player avatar

Fix Send PM

subscriber

Accounts from the same ip are given a red skull while being near another account of the same ip in the wilderness.

Player avatar

Ardo Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

This is one of those out of the box suggestions i love seeing

if it wasnt for the unfortunate way that IP limitations affect brothers/sisters/roommates and that proxies can potentially cirumvent something like this anyway, i think it could be really great in some ways, but also terrible in others.

Some method that doesnt envolve IP restrictions would have to be the way to go, and i dont know what it could be hmm

Either way, i just wanted to say that i really like your way of thinking!

Read my thread for some methods.

Player avatar

meyvn Send PM

subscriber

Accounts associated with the same forum account get a red skull in wilderness? I know people have different forum accounts, but I also know that there are some on the same forum accounts.

This is at least something... better than nothing?

Last edited by meyvn (2 Jul 2016 16:27)

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

I would say red skull after attacking someone and being logged in in wild with another forum char. If one forum char has red skull all have red skull. Same effect of regular skull. Lasts 60 mins. Just to show people that if they fuck with you or see you, you may be multi and they might need assistance. Same would go for setting a player then logging in during combat on another char your skull turns red and the above applies. May go with more situations. Does not for sure mean the player is multi, could be pking on 1 char and training afk on another. Just shows they have more than one char in wild to help new pkers to not fight the wrong person and hate pking forever... Fair?

Last edited by scornedmagi (2 Jul 2016 18:34)

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

scornedmagi Send PM

subscriber

You could you would have to take that risk. I would be fine with it. I wouldn't mind getting a red skull and people not fucking. With me...

[TRUST][HONOR][LOYALTY]
Check out my Skills I offer FREE!

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

beatdown said:

This is one of those out of the box suggestions i love seeing

if it wasnt for the unfortunate way that IP limitations affect brothers/sisters/roommates and that proxies can potentially cirumvent something like this anyway, i think it could be really great in some ways, but also terrible in others.

Some method that doesnt envolve IP restrictions would have to be the way to go, and i dont know what it could be hmm

Either way, i just wanted to say that i really like your way of thinking!

This, but op its not a bad idea!

Still doesn't solve getting piled 3v1,, oh no I have a red skull, well you probably gonna win anyway

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Player avatar

Fix Send PM

subscriber

The red skull is to make it worth while for others to and help kill the multi loggers, the aim isnt to prevent people from training and pking, if im not mistaken ip is different per computer so this won't effect people at friends houses, and using proxies to avoid a red skull woukd count as 3rd party software for gain.. idealy if two of you chars where close enough together in the wildy you'll get a red skull and will vanish like normal when you leave the area, the aim is to add more risk to the reward of the opressive nature multilogging

Last edited by Fix (5 Jul 2016 16:20)

Player avatar

TotalNoob Send PM

Fix said:

, if im not mistaken ip is different per computer so this won't effect people at friends houses, and using proxies to avoid a red skull woukd count as 3rd party software for gain..

If you are on a router that nats (which most are as you are only given 1 ip from your ISP), it nats (network address translation) the public ip to a private range, 10.x.x.x or 172.16.x.x or 192.168.x.x etc.  These ranges are not routable online which is why you can have a network of 10 computers all using the same public ip.

Example, me and my brother were playing one of the 3 survivals.  Afterwards, Mod Billy pulled us to the jail to check it out as he saw 2 people on the same IP, brother on his phone, me on my PC, both on the home network.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

I want a green skull

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.