Coming soon: Team System, Team Battles

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I mentioned about it in-game while releasing 1v1 deathmatch system, but here is the official announcement.

Right after pushing out deathmatch system I have been working on team system and team staking.

The way it works is:
1. Form a team with your friends
2. Form a party with those who you want in the battle, and request a battle with another team.

Both teams must have equal amount of players in party. I figured that forcing players to party up before battle is great way to make actual use of the party GUI with health and all that. This also allows you to have 2v2/3v3 even if your team has 5 players. I hope it doesn't feel too complicated..

Team Battles will allow you to have stake items from your **team bank** with other teams, you are able to choose the rules and the battle type, right now what I have in mind is to have at least capture the flag and deathmatch modes.

Under discussion:
** team banks **
are still under discussion, but here's what I have in mind. You have 12 slot(upgradeable) team bank for your team to put equipment and other PVP related gear into, where your teammates can withdraw them at any time. Any lootable kills you get during battles except consumables will be automatically put into this bank. This is also where you choose your stakes for the battles.

** queue **
Allow queuing to battles, select your settings such as max level range, rules, and you will be matched with another team.

** ladder tournaments **
There will be monthly ladder tournaments, if automatic system for it can be made. This feature will be released way after what is above.

Please note that this is still work in progress and some things mentioned here might not be the way described in this post.

UPDATE
Few days ago I decided to dig up the old team system files that I worked on back in August, and decided that it's time to finish it. I will be releasing the team system with team bank separately from the actual team battle system. 6cbaabfcf904ce4137d38232c696e9d5.png

If you want your suggestions to be heard for the team system, and would like to contribute with your ideas, post here

It's nearly done and will be released within a week, GUI has been changed from the last time you saw it, since I wanted max 10 player teams instead of 5.
3b8272acd69db6e6254d4384273a2d37.gif
af9124126a3f095c45fdbc564e3e0868.gif

EDIT:
It's bit postponed since I've been adding more and more features to it. I decided that it's better to put more effort now, bigger chance for it to be accepted by community as major gameplay feature if it's designed and executed well from the start.

Team skilling levels, more about that on the release post.
57f13f9d812e224b4a140307ba85d036.png
Changeable team color for the minimap dots, and team tags
3244b96dc12d664233cb831675e18258.png

Upgradeable bank slots
5064ad5102cfa18361ce92f75d3bd5d3.png

Minimap dots colored in teams color for players in teams.
ea3441b4ef9fa2398ddce52d0220dec7.png

Additionally I would like to mention that I have stickied topics that I will be focusing on getting done next. Check those out smile

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

subscriberDMM2_Participant

Wow this is amazing!!! Great work!!!  How about clans too?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

GreenKing said:

Wow this is amazing!!! Great work!!!  How about clans too?

This is basically same thing...

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

I guess what I meant to ask is the team permanent or is it like a party and will disband after a certain amount of time

Player avatar

AGEOLDEMPIRE Send PM

subscriber

the capture the flag sounds sweet for events.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

GreenKing said:

I guess what I meant to ask is the team permanent or is it like a party and will disband after a certain amount of time

Teams are more of permanent. Team will only be disbanded if theres no players left, and player must leave the team to get out of it.

Player avatar

Kevin Send PM

subscriber

I was very happy to be part of this creation as shown in the Picture where it says Kevin!

Player avatar

GreenKing Send PM

n0m said:

GreenKing said:

Teams are more of permanent. Team will only be disbanded if theres no players left, and player must leave the team to get out of it.

Thats exactly what I was hoping for.  Good stuff!!!

Player avatar

pepster Send PM

subscriber

FUCK YEAH!  Awesome.

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/dy7kea.png[/img]

Player avatar

fear nothing Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

I mentioned about it in-game while releasing 1v1 deathmatch system, but here is the official announcement.

Right after pushing out deathmatch system I have been working on team system and team staking.
https://i.gyazo.com/eeef4f641a5804db5e3 … 6cbb23.png

The way it works is:
2. Form a party with those who you want in the battle, and request a battle with another team.

Both teams must have equal amount of players in party. I figured that forcing players to party up before battle is great way to make actual use of the party GUI with health and all that. This also allows you to have 2v2/3v3 even if your team has 5 players. I hope it doesn't feel too complicated..
https://i.gyazo.com/be668833f23fb1b233b … 640adc.png

Team Battles will allow you to have stake items from your **team bank** with other teams, you are able to choose the rules and the battle type, right now what I have in mind is to have at least capture the flag and deathmatch modes.

Under discussion:
** team banks **
are still under discussion, but here's what I have in mind. You have 12 slot(upgradeable) team bank for your team to put equipment and other PVP related gear into, where your teammates can withdraw them at any time. Any lootable kills you get during battles except consumables will be automatically put into this bank. This is also where you choose your stakes for the battles.

** queue **
Allow queuing to battles, select your settings such as max level range, rules, and you will be matched with another team.

** ladder tournaments **
There will be monthly ladder tournaments, if automatic system for it can be made. This feature will be released way after what is above.

Please note that this is still work in progress and some things mentioned here might not be the way described in this post.

what is sad is that 1 year ago metnion all of this and yet nothing has been done i should of just had hobbs let me join the team and the ideas i have and more would make this server even more after the blue and range guidl where my ideas and i have original concepts. i spoke with fate about the automatic tourney system which can be ezly implemented based of a pre existing strucure. pm me n0m for more info

Last edited by fear nothing (17 Jul 2016 22:41)

[img]http://i.imgur.com/GH0nYE6.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ConeyMontana Send PM

subscriber100donor

how soon?

#1 MINER

Player avatar

Scornedpks Send PM

Excited! Will the team bank stay for that set of players? Say I play a 2v2 team and a 4v4 team, we all put items in the team bank, at the end of the day where do those items go? Or does the bank remain for that specific people set up and can only be used when altogether?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

You can only be in one team at a time, and team banks are not set to players but the team itself, so if you decide to delete that team make sure you empty its bank first.
The way you decide if you go for 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 is that you simply create a party with those you want to go with

4178635f1adf922460bd7d970f30835e.gif

Player avatar

zazo x Send PM

subscriber

fear nothing said:

n0m said:

https://i.gyazo.com/eeef4f641a5804db5e3 … 6cbb23.png

The way it works is:

https://i.gyazo.com/be668833f23fb1b233b … 640adc.png

Under discussion:
** team banks **

** queue **

** ladder tournaments **

what is sad is that 1 year ago metnion all of this and yet nothing has been done i should of just had hobbs let me join the team and the ideas i have and more would make this server even more after the blue and range guidl where my ideas and i have original concepts. i spoke with fate about the automatic tourney system which can be ezly implemented based of a pre existing strucure. pm me n0m for more info

but instead you chose to no life 2 maxed chars and countless others whilst being the most unfunny and dnnoying troll ive ever met instead of doing something worthwhile gg nerd

cool update n0m, i hope people actually use it, a lot of the time the people who cry for these 1v1 zones, safe zones, 1ip wild etc etc, don't actually PK even when given what they want.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

^ I feel like they just want safe way to PK without any surprises, with this it's pretty straightforward what you are up against.

97050b325c3c12f5426be01f4ae6241d.png
Team challenge interface progress.

Player avatar

RickSanchez Send PM

subscriber

Looks great, I may get involved with pking with this new system

Focus on science.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Ok I have been pretty pissed that clue scrolls have been so severely delayed, but these last 2 updates are pretty beast. Solid work you 2.

Player avatar

Ghasp Send PM

subscriber

Did I forget to mention I think our development crew is A++ as for clue scrolls I am guessing they ran into something that was a lot more work than originally thought.

Ribbit. Ribbit. CROAK.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Ghasp said:

Did I forget to mention I think our development crew is A++ as for clue scrolls I am guessing they ran into something that was a lot more work than originally thought.

Im truly sorry for the delay of clue scrolls, I were the one developing that system. After a staff meeting a few months ago I were pretty much forced to stop the development of clue scrolls due to other important bug fixes.

After a while there were only focus on bringing pking updates such as deathmatch and team battles. Not only that, getting a grip of our current staff team and how we were handling certain situations. Lets put the cards on the table, I am responsible for how the staff team is ran, and it has not been good at all for a very long time untill now and that took quite a lot of time not only from me but from pluto and n0m as well.

To not make it too long to read, at this state I think we have formed a very good staff team and everyone is on the same page and recently I have re-taken the development of clue scrolls, however the only real issue right now is getting all the sprites done for the armours (gilded, god armour the missing pieces, trim, clue maps etc..). I'm gladly accepting any help I can get to make those.

Once again, im sorry that it was stopped being worked on, but covering and running all aspects on a community is not an easy thing to do, I still have a lot to learn and i'm trying to get better by the day.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

Ghasp said:

Im truly sorry for the delay of clue scrolls, I were the one developing that system. After a staff meeting a few months ago I were pretty much forced to stop the development of clue scrolls due to other important bug fixes.

After a while there were only focus on bringing pking updates such as deathmatch and team battles. Not only that, getting a grip of our current staff team and how we were handling certain situations. Lets put the cards on the table, I am responsible for how the staff team is ran, and it has not been good at all for a very long time untill now and that took quite a lot of time not only from me but from pluto and n0m as well.

To not make it too long to read, at this state I think we have formed a very good staff team and everyone is on the same page and recently I have re-taken the development of clue scrolls, however the only real issue right now is getting all the sprites done for the armours (gilded, god armour the missing pieces, trim, clue maps etc..). I'm gladly accepting any help I can get to make those.

Once again, im sorry that it was stopped being worked on, but covering and running all aspects on a community is not an easy thing to do, I still have a lot to learn and i'm trying to get better by the day.

It's good to hear that the management team is being looked at. Whenever I post legitimate concerns and they just get deleted and I'm called a troll/ told my opinion doesn't matter because I don't play (often), I get very pissed off. I've always wanted what is best for revolution, and to be disrespected when I point out bullshit policies and favoritism. It makes me never want to return again. So I'm glad to see that you're working on this matter, aswell as clue scrolls. Thanks for all your effort fate and n0m.