RSCRevolution (Saradomin, Guthix, Zamorak) armour teaser

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Cub said:

Thoth33 said:

. . . ?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to implement a new equipables? I'm guessing no, it takes a lot of time to get the sprite animations to look good and to work flawlessly.

The sprites are already done. It's the complexity of the treasure trails that is taking so long. A player named NoxX did the sprites months ago.

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

GLeU said:

Cub said:

Thoth33 said:

. . . ?

Do you have any idea how hard it is to implement a new equipables? I'm guessing no, it takes a lot of time to get the sprite animations to look good and to work flawlessly.

The sprites are already done. It's the complexity of the treasure trails that is taking so long. A player named NoxX did the sprites months ago.

No the sprites are not done. The treasure trails has already been started. What's taking time is to put everything together right now and there are other important things in the way like bugs, stability issues (as you have noticed), player issues.

It will take some time to have it fully completed as treasure trails is very complex as you said.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Fate said:

GLeU said:

Cub said:

No the sprites are not done. The treasure trails has already been started. What's taking time is to put everything together right now and there are other important things in the way like bugs, stability issues (as you have noticed), player issues.

It will take some time to have it fully completed as treasure trails is very complex as you said.

Didn't NoxX say all were done except female plate. That was months ago so I figured all were done by now lol.

Player avatar

Freya Send PM

subscriber

Looks amazing Fate!!

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

I have coding and sprite editing experience.

I have been waiting for this to come out to start playing again. The 30 bucks sitting in my paypal account ready to buy subs is bothering me. I check back everyday to find no news.

I would like to offer my help, both coding and sprite editing, to this project, free of charge.

Player avatar

Thoth33 Send PM

subscriber

I still check back each day. I can help get the ball moving on this.

Player avatar

Heroepic Send PM

After the armours are released, will you continue to make more?

Player avatar

snibzilla Send PM

subscriber

I'm not the biggest fan of adding in items that real RSC didn't have in the first place, but if everyone else is in favor of it, go for it.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Pretty disappointed to see that after 6 months this still hasnt been released.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Treasure Trials are not the number one priority at the moment, but progress has been made. Also I am working on the content and armor sprites on my free time.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Pluto said:

GLeU said:

Pretty disappointed to see that after 6 months this still hasnt been released.

It isn't actively being worked on, other things are in the works.

Why the hell not. What could possibly be more important then giving players something new and different to do for once.

Player avatar

I Am Darkness Send PM

So with Fate and Pluto gone, I'm curious if this will still be developed and released eventually.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

If I decide to make it, then I'll have to start from scratch.

Player avatar

candyman Send PM

betasubscriber

Let's do it nom. This would be a very cool idea and would be so fun to do clue scrolls. I mean why the hell not! Let's start making progress on this!

Player avatar

monkeybutt Send PM

yes yes yes yes ys

Player avatar

mcdboy Send PM

Player avatar

gaylord Send PM

subscriber

mcdboy said:

bump

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Billy said:

ohshtwaddup said:

[Disclaimer: i dont know exactly where to post this]

I recently joined and subbed to this awesome server, and was wondering about the development of these additions to the game. I saw those additions in the news section and decided i'd donate/sub on those additions alone (they look fraggin awesome).

Is there a relative window or percentage you can give on how much is done/how soon these will come out?

Short answer: Not soon

Long answer: Everyone on the current staff agrees that clue scrolls are something we'd like to see in RSCR. Currently we are focusing on finishing replications (e.g. Watchtower quest is coming soon, Kleio is doing a great job replicating it), perfecting team system, improving game quality of life, and continuing to head down the creative direction the server started towards since equipment tabs, boss raids, new equipment, new functions and so on. Clue scroll systems would require us to put all that on the back burner, personally I would like to have the remaining 4 quests working and every bug fixed first.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Webstien Send PM

subscriber

So basically make this into RS2 with worse graphics?

Not in favor of any special questing type gear. Plus that stuff looks pretty silly.

Just because rscrevolution may have added this stuff into classic if they hand't already moved onto RS2 is poor logic. It wasn't the better graphics of RS2 that made people quit it was the new ideas and implementations. What we don't want to do is follow the road rscrevolution ended up heading down. We want to stay on the path they were originally on.

I just don't get why people are coming back to play this game if they just want crazy new features, I can't even begin to make sense of that sort of logic. There are so many newer games out there that will offer that. I'm playing an ancient game because I like the original feel of the game. If I wanted new I would go play one of the 5000 new games available.

Adding full Dragon is about as far as I would mind seeing this game go. Make it so it can be smithed or make it a rare drop like current dragon gear. Do not make it some quest gimmick. The original concept of this game was being able to create all objects. Make smithing exceed 99 and put 1 dragon rock in a very dangerous area in wilderness with a very low respawn rate. More legit reason to enter wilderness and the gear will be to expensive to PK in thus will not change the way pking is currently done.

Last edited by Webstien (13 Mar 2017 00:08)

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Webstien said:

So basically make this into RS2 with worse graphics?

Not in favor of any special questing type gear. Plus that stuff looks pretty silly.

Just because rscrevolution may have added this stuff into classic if they hand't already moved onto RS2 is poor logic. It wasn't the better graphics of RS2 that made people quit it was the new ideas and implementations. What we don't want to do is follow the road rscrevolution ended up heading down. We want to stay on the path they were originally on.

I just don't get why people are coming back to play this game if they just want crazy new features, I can't even begin to make sense of that sort of logic. There are so many newer games out there that will offer that. I'm playing an ancient game because I like the original feel of the game. If I wanted new I would go play one of the 5000 new games available.

Adding full Dragon is about as far as I would mind seeing this game go. Make it so it can be smithed or make it a rare drop like current dragon gear. Do not make it some quest gimmick. The original concept of this game was being able to create all objects. Make smithing exceed 99 and put 1 dragon rock in a very dangerous area in wilderness with a very low respawn rate. More legit reason to enter wilderness and the gear will be to expensive to PK in thus will not change the way pking is currently done.

Question, as a replica purist do the following impede your enjoyment of the game?: Equipment tab, rings, skill-capes, Reaper, wilderness obelisks, team fortress, teams.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol