Plate Pures Discussion

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

Flaming, trolling, uncivil discussion will be deleted.

So everyone is on the same page:: We fix bugs. That's what Fate spends most of his time doing. People post bugs, I spend most of the time verifying them, and move it on for Fate to see.

Hero's quest was able to be done without appropriate requirements. In the midst of fixing that, we also added requirements to rune plate because a bug allowing a player to wear rune plate without finishing the quest was found and reported. Removing plate pures was not the point of fixing these things, but it happened.

So now that everyone knows WHY the fix occurred, we can move on to a reasonable discussion about this issue that hasn't been talked about since Alex originally had drop-trades removed due to Legends capes.

We are open to the idea of removing defense levels and removing the quest from those affected -- which I think accounts for about 7 characters? There aren't many who actually log in.

Or just dropping the magic requirement and making that particular map piece able to be traded. This would give everyone the ability to create a plate pure if they so decided to.

--

So whats up? Those who do not have a plate pure, you really don't have an opinion in this as you are not directly affected. Those who do have a plate pure, we weren't trying to fuck you over. Flaming in-game and spamming your anger in-game results in absolutely nothing, the forums exist for exactly these types of problems.

Player avatar

xifooix Send PM

subscriber

personally logically rscrevolution didnt even kill pl8 pures... so in my mind the right thing wouldnt be to take the ability away and it stay a "rare character" at the same time let everyone expeirence it i already have a 1 def pure -.-

Player avatar

The Hulk Send PM

subscriber

does this mean all the items, are gonna be taken away, eg: legends, gaunts??
i will vote for xp to be taken away

Player avatar

last arr0w Send PM

subscriber

I think they either need to remove the quests and xp with them or allow  us our plates back. i personally don't care if they make the map piece tradable again it was never losing the advantage that bothered me it was the ruining of the character.

Last edited by last arr0w (22 Mar 2015 09:34)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

So i think the real issue here is that it took over 6 months since it was reported that plate pures were able to be made, and NOW after all these months you decided to deal with the issue. Those who made plate pures, should be allowed to keep them. they were very rare accounts on real rscrevolution, and why there cant be a few here. i dont know. Why wasnt it taken care of 6 months ago before people decided to build accounts based off the fact they were plate pures. its ridiculous and a horrible injustice to those who have been loyal to you guys.

My account The Metal i trained, and had a specific plan based off the fact he was a plate pure. if you arent going to let me keep plate pure, i want my defense xp transfered to my strength. give me a sweet prayer beast since you screwed me over.

Player avatar

Jebby Send PM

subscriber

GLeU said:

So i think the real issue here is that it took over 6 months since it was reported that plate pures were able to be made, and NOW after all these months you decided to deal with the issue. Those who made plate pures, should be allowed to keep them. they were very rare accounts on real rscrevolution, and why there cant be a few here. i dont know. Why wasnt it taken care of 6 months ago before people decided to build accounts based off the fact they were plate pures. its ridiculous and a horrible injustice to those who have been loyal to you guys.

My account The Metal i trained, and had a specific plan based off the fact he was a plate pure. if you arent going to let me keep plate pure, i want my defense xp transfered to my strength. give me a sweet prayer beast since you screwed me over.

Moderators Hobbs, Mark, and Kartofel have not been here for 6 months GLeU, but now they are here, they are doing their best to try and get things fixed and ready for those that want it. we aren't getting rid of plate pures we are thinking of making it so anyone can make them, or asking who out there still uses their plate pure.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/357kegw.jpg[/img]
- Jebby, Juzza, xox, Dragons Fury, exe - http://www.rscrevolution.com/ -
"errare humanum est, sed in errare perseverare diabolicum"

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

Mod Hobbs said:

Or just dropping the magic requirement and making that particular map piece able to be traded. This would give everyone the ability to create a plate pure if they so decided to.

I like this idea, but I dont have plate pure so I dont get to have an opinion

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

Yeh, make map piece tradeble.

Player avatar

nik0pelle Send PM

subscriber

If u make the map piece tradeable will i get my magic dropped as i gained couple combats from it just to wear platebody

Player avatar

DT89 Send PM

subscriber

You've opened up a can of worms.

You should have dealt with it how rscrevolution did. Fixed the issue but didn't remove those who were already plate purrs.

Last edited by DT89 (22 Mar 2015 15:39)

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Mod Jebby said:

GLeU said:

Moderators Hobbs, Mark, and Kartofel have not been here for 6 months GLeU, but now they are here, they are doing their best to try and get things fixed and ready for those that want it. we aren't getting rid of plate pures we are thinking of making it so anyone can make them, or asking who out there still uses their plate pure.

The moderators have nothing to do with this. This was a very well known issue for A LONG time. they even gave warning about it, and tips on how to do it before it was fixed. right on he forums. yet now they decide to deal with the issue? gimme a break. and by "they" i mean N0m, gave the warning that it was possible.

As far as allowing the map piece to be tradeable. whatever, go for it. that isnt how RSC was though, but then like DT89 pointed out. your opening a whole other can of worms. as there will be people who got magic FOR plate.

Player avatar

The Hulk Send PM

subscriber

let the plate pure decide, remove them all together.

take away def from plate pures