3 quick and easy update's that will increase Wilderness traffic.

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

GbdaPq3.jpg

Please share your thoughts, constructive criticism welcomed but let's try not to get into quoting wars and flame wars after the 3rd or 4th post. Let's all work together as a community to increase general wilderness traffic and making updates that benefit the majority, not just a minority. Some of these suggestions have been posted in multiple threads, I am consolidating them into one (hopefully) neat and tidy thread.

Last edited by Team Hollywood (23 Nov 2017 21:30)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/VB1YhpE.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

We will do free pk weekends starting this weekend and repeating the 3rd weekend of every month. As for adding more sub options to the donation store, I'm not really thrilled by the prospect of adding more microtransactions. Maybe we could do something like allow players to PK points which can be used to unlock XP lamps for the combat skills.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

We will do free pk weekends starting this weekend and repeating the 3rd weekend of every month. As for adding more sub options to the donation store, I'm not really thrilled by the prospect of adding more microtransactions. Maybe we could do something like allow players to PK points which can be used to unlock XP lamps for the combat skills.

Be a good idea for castle points

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

Billy said:

It's cool about the idea of PK / castle points being used for something which would give more XP but if that idea revolves around holding Castle or something to get the points well I know for a fact not just any old PKer can participate in that. I don't know why we're worried about a new sub honestly, this isn't RSCShitacy, we aren't trying to sell people party hats or spawned PK ready characters with spawned PK ready banks. You're simply giving people the chance to create PKers faster, casual and hardcore players which overall benefits the server in a number of ways which I've already listed in multiple threads.

If you're really worried about not looking ''pay to win'' why not make it a XP lamp which can be purchased for in-game GP from a NPC. Creates a gold sink, removes any element of it ''looking'' like pay to win and you're giving everyone a chance to get a slice of that XP, not just the people who already have the accounts and / or PK skills to be able to lock down a location like Castle to gather points.

I'm trying to look at this from a casual players perspective, let's say you can play for 2 hours a night because you've got kids and full time job what have you, 99 strength at the current maximum 200k(ish) a hour is what, 60 hours or so? Just to make for example a 40 1 99. Nearly 3 full 24 hour days of mindlessly AFKing, not actually playing the game, just to find out some nerds already got 3 of those and a 40 76 80 and a 1 99 1 or some bullshit to counter you with. That's discouraging to casual players

Again, I can only see benefits from having more accounts in the wilderness training, more PKers training accounts and PKing therefore using more resources. I can't see any negatives and I believe neither can you other than you don't want to look like a ''pay to win'' server

Player avatar

Le Butcher Send PM

I'm not sure about the more xp in 10+ wild but maybe. What about making designated spots produce more xp, kind of like castle (but not quite)? That way people can actually compete for these spots. Castle is pointless unless you are part of the nerd squad who have 50 accounts logged right outside it. I think fort is probably similar? (Haven't attempted going out there..)

These designated spots don't need to be "controlled" but can be highly sought after because of the xp boost. You could set it to be 1v1 like Varrock so that you can't roll through with 2 buddies and take it over. Make it lower level wild so you can't roll through with a +10 level account and wipe out your competitor. If you want the spot and have to fight for it, you're forced to bring gear and food and have to defend yourself. Could also implement skilling areas like this.

I think this would be a good compromise between hardcore players and casual players giving neither an advantage over the other.

@hollywood IMO if we make it easier to reach 99 with a new sub card for casual players, it's just going to make it easier for nerds to troll/reach 99 hp/etc. Think about it...you finish your 40 1 99 only to go out and get rolled by jammy 59 jammy 60 jammy 61 jammy 62 def jammy etc etc etc (just saying)

Player avatar

Team Hollywood Send PM

But whatever you do (even if it's making ''designated higher XP spots in wild'') the people with more time / characters to hold it down with will have more of an advantage. That's just the way this game works sadly, you get back what you put into it. I'm baffled as to the fact a casual player theoretically doesn't have much of a chance because of these XP rates

Why do we want to make people wait so long just to PK? It's crazy to me. More accounts in wild, more resources being used the better

With the upcoming demise (for the 1000th time) of Shitacy, now is a perfect time to implement these updates.

Last edited by Team Hollywood (3 Dec 2017 17:54)

Player avatar

Ibcrootbeer Send PM

More areas like the fort would increase traffic, People seem to circle from dragons to fort to axe hut and then back, just using the teleporters.

I love the fort but maybe split the skills and monsters to separate forts. Maybe add more team skills (and team skill bonuses) and have another fort accordingly. (like, mining/smithing fishing/cooking at the current fort, and move thieving npcs, trees, and agility to a new one.)

Or maybe a skilling/training area where it has a 50% fort bonus but does not need a team to control it, since there are only a few team members online at one time, the fort is usually only inhabited by 1-2 people unless there is a team battle going on.

Trump is the bestest president ever, happy 2018th birthday USA, if you dont like it get out of the US and move to
California